Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey parent club - insolvent

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
that's what you get for attracting funny money businessmen to take over.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I wonder if this could really be the death of the club - sooner or later a club will go, I assume a hefty points deduction will be imposed, but I would think that a lot depends on how the companies are linked.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Pompey's financial model seems to be based upon going belly-up every few years, paying only a percentage of their debts, then continuing as normal. Given that they are in the Championship and won the FA Cup as well as being runners-up in the last 5 years, I would summise that it is a fairly successful business model for a football club.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That club appears to have some kind of SUPER-AGENT flogging Pompey around the world to dodgy businessmen.

Just a thought, don't suppose it could be anything to do with Portsmouth being home to the Royal Navy by any chance? Being associated with the football club would be perfect cover for anybody wanting to nosey around the town's defence connection. Or is that just a tin-helmet Brunswick-style conspiracy theory too far? ???

I blame Mossad.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Considering tel-hiem or however u spell his name, is on 36k a week, it's not surprising they keep going in debt, wasn't Campbell on like 100k a week there, and tried suing em for millions in unpaid wages and bonus's

The sooner clubs stop having dodgy owners taking them over so they can move money around, the sooner clubs won't get in this mess

I know people on here moan that we don't spend as much as southampton and west ham, but just look at the shot some clubs get into

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That club appears to have some kind of SUPER-AGENT flogging Pompey around the world to dodgy businessmen.

Just a thought, don't suppose it could be anything to do with Portsmouth being home to the Royal Navy by any chance? Being associated with the football club would be perfect cover for anybody wanting to nosey around the town's defence connection. Or is that just a tin-helmet Brunswick-style conspiracy theory too far? ???

I blame Mossad.

:lol: - you're not there quite yet, you've forgotten to post some dodgy You Tube video attempting to backup your bizarre idea !

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Another one who's crept through the FA's laughable 'Fit and Proper Persons Test'

The only people who are genuinely affected by these situations are the fans, I'm sure Pompey's supporters are extremely worried by this.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Owners Fit and Proper??

Just what sort of 'checks' do the FA do?

Dear Mr Businessman,

Are you a fit and proper person to own a football club ?

yes-no%20image

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Can't believe that this thread has been going over an hour and no sign of Edna.

Bloody Police, you can never find one when you need one!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Owners Fit and Proper??

Just what sort of 'checks' do the FA do?

Said plus what makes Sven enchanted | Football | The Observer

The fit and proper person test: how it works
• 2009: Vladimir Antonov's Lithuanian bank Snoras barred from opening a UK branch after supplying "misleading information" about its anti-fraud controls. The FSA ruled it was "part of an ongoing pattern of behaviour by institutions controlled by Mr Antonov". • June 2011: Antonov passes football's fit and proper person test and buys Portsmouth. • November 2011: Snoras put into administration; Antonov arrested, charged with misappropriating £200m. Antonov "strenuously denies dishonesty".

• Helping make the takeover happen in June: Portsmouth's chief executive David Lampitt, who joined the club in April 2010 having left his previous job as the FA's head of football integrity. "It's been a complex process, a long one, very properly conducted. But I believe we've found owners who will take a long-term view."

• Also passing football's fit and proper person tests at Portsmouth since 2006: Sacha Gaydamak – son of billionaire convicted arms trafficker Arkady. • Sulaiman al-Fahim – frontman for unnamed investors and "close friend" of fraudster Thaksin Shinawatra. • Ali al-Faraj – Saudi "billionaire" who told the press he had "no interest" in football and placed the club's affairs in the hands of convicted fraudster Daniel Azougy. • And Arkady's estranged business associates Balram Chainrai and Levi Kushnir - Kushnir a veteran of three company receiverships.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here