Pompey parent club - insolvent

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
What are you on about? What does travelling down there have anything to do with it? I just thought you'd like to read about the Pompey situation..?

I'm fully aware regards goings on at Pompy and Plymouth. Sorry to disargee with you.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"The perception of the football club is changing in my view and the fact we had so many applicants for the managers job tells its own story."

- David Lampitt, Cheif Executive, 11th Nov

"We realise the troubles the club has had in the past but I think this is a new challenge and a new chapter for everybody and I want to get the club playing where they were four or five years ago. "I think the thing that attracted me to the club is that they have a five-year-plan.

"That plan includes improving the infrastructure of the football club and getting hold of the training ground they own, to building on the academy, to setting up a recruitment policy where we can recruit from within as well as scouting them from across Europe and America."

Michael Appleton, no-mark manager, 11th November

hahahahahahaaahahahaha

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Its all going pear shaped now , Fans Reunited have got involved with a "Save Pompey" campaign.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Portsmouth seeking new owners | Football News | Sky Sports

"In terms of deja-vu it is only that we are looking for a new buyer and owner for the football club that will secure its medium and long-term future."

Now that is a great statement.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm starting to think a big (ish) club is going to have to fold before the FA and/or Premier/Football League actually do something to protect clubs. The carry on at Pompey is embarrassing given there are supposed to be measures in place to shield clubs from dubious ownership. As I understand it the guy who was booted out has a mortgage on the land surrounding the immediate ground and a mortgage charge on the holding company. Fit and proper?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm starting to think a big (ish) club is going to have to fold before the FA and/or Premier/Football League actually do something to protect clubs. The carry on at Pompey is embarrassing given there are supposed to be measures in place to shield clubs from dubious ownership. As I understand it the guy who was booted out has a mortgage on the land surrounding the immediate ground and a mortgage charge on the holding company. Fit and proper?

And if not a big(ish) club, then Portsmouth will have to do ...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I was beginning to think that the 'fans' at Portsmouth have been conspicuous by their absence in terms of going public of their distaste for this situation. Which can only lead me to one conclusion that they are actually happy that, no matter which bozo it is that 'takes over' their club, they are happy with it (or certainly not 'unhappy').

I'm sure it must be a worrying time for the Portscum genuine fans, but frankly, if they aren't going to take owners to account for what the hell is happening at their club, then they must accept some of the responsibility for it.

As an aside, I'm sure they paid north of £1M for a player in the summer?

Exactly.

There is a tiny minority of Portsmouth fans who are, and have been, realistic and critical of the club, but most were very happy to look the other way when they were buying the FA Cup with laundered money - even though anyone who wanted to know would have been fully aware that the club were running up debts everywhere, including within their own community. Instead of demanding answers from their owners, the fans attacked the press for asking the questions they should have been putting.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Trouble is it's a port city. Any old Eastern European jumps off a RORO , gets £70 brew money and then announces that he owns a bank in Lithuania and has always supported the 'bell ringing lepers'. Gets the local Radio (Solent? or whatever it's called) mildly interested and then, Bob's your uncle, he ends up chairman of Pompeyscum Academicals.

Simples...

10 points off means we would be 16 above the relegation zone.

TNBA

TTF

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hopefully these twats will have to sell their ground, ground share at Havant & Waterlooville for a decade and spend all that time at the arse end of divisions 3 & 4.

Let's see how long their "marvellous" fans stick with them then. Although annoyingly, I'd give it just 5 years before all the Southampton twats are all over this site again looking desperately for a new rival while Pompey enjoy their ding dongs with Aldershot.

D

Deleted member 2719

Hopefully these twats will have to sell their ground, ground share at Havant & Waterlooville for a decade and spend all that time at the arse end of divisions 3 & 4.

Let's see how long their "marvellous" fans stick with them then. Although annoyingly, I'd give it just 5 years before all the Southampton twats are all over this site again looking desperately for a new rival while Pompey enjoy their ding dongs with Aldershot.

They won't stay loyal very long as i was speaking to one Plastic Pompey today who 'can't be arsed' with them now and seems content they had a couple of glory years. He even moaned that for one season he even had to sit out in the rain next to the away fans as there was no roof!! He really didnt have a lot of fight in him for a fan of a football club, if 9 out of 10 of there fans follow his attitude then they stand no chance.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Not sure they are sticking with them now, and they couldn't even fill the ground for Premier League games once it was obvious they were going down. "P*mp*y 'til I Die..." Yeah, right.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere

Now who was it that was wondering where Guernsey might get some extra support from? I can see a nice "off-shore" arrangement beckoning ..

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Portsmouth seeking new owners | Football News | Sky Sports

if you read the comments you'll realize its all the FA's fault.

Their fans are a total embarrassment, they really are. How the HELL is this the FA's fault? Presumably someone at PFC approved the takeover by this latest shady company. Therefore it's
PFC's responsibility. Pretty underhanded to claim its only the holding company in admin too...let's hope the FA realise what a sham that is & take the correct action.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Presumably someone at PFC approved the takeover by this latest shady company. Therefore it's
PFC's responsibility.

Wasn't it the administrators who approved the deal? And the administrator is appointed by a court.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have just read that Changrai chap is favourite to take over Pompey....for the third time. He was the chap who originally placed the club into administration only to then buy it back, from the administrators, and then sell it on. He hived off some choice bits of land before selling it on though. Oh, and put a mortgage charge on the holding company he sold it to.

How on earth can this be allowed?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports