Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey parent club - insolvent

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
What with their current problems this story is not going to go away given the Mandaric and Redknapp court case in the new year. The headlines around that won't help to attract new investors.

Although it wouldn't surprise me if Harry has an ace barrister lined up to give him a good defence, a la Berlusconi or Blatter teflon style. Brown envelopes all round. Maybe its time for Fred (comb-over) Dineage to do an expose on life behind closed doors in the Pompey boardroom?

Meanwhile it will be anxious times for those long suffering Pompey fans.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Are you taking the piss ?

That'll be the "long suffering" Pompey fans who have enjoyed 8 years dining at the top table courtesy of their clubs blatant and outrageous swindling, plus a couple of FA Cup Finals and a European campaign to boot. Oh those poor bastards.

If you're after some <genuinely> long suffering fans, have a look a bit further west to Home Park.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

That'll be the "long suffering" Pompey fans who have enjoyed 8 years dining at the top table courtesy of their clubs blatant and outrageous swindling, plus a couple of FA Cup Finals and a European campaign to boot. Oh those poor bastards.

If you're after some <genuinely> long suffering fans, have a look a bit further west to Home Park.

[MENTION=579]Drumstick[/MENTION] needs to read this.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Given the tone of the paragraph before it, yes, I would think he was.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota

Well said, Pompey are merely back where they started in terms of League standings. Even if they were to be deducted points it and get relegated they'd only be where they were a decade or so ago.

Plymouth's situation is a different matter and far worse/undeserved.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't believe that this thread has been going over an hour and no sign of Edna.

Bloody Police, you can never find one when you need one!

She's driving to Derby, but being kept abreast of the happy situation en route :wink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Given the tone of the paragraph before it, yes, I would think he was.

Hope so.
Few things in football grind my CRANK more than Pompey fans being described as "long suffering". They've had a cuffing BRILLIANT time of it (at everyone elses expense).

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Eh? I think you meant to write "Lucky Pompey fans who don't know they're born." By rights they should be now supporting AFC Portsmouth in the Beazer Homes Southern Division or whatever.

EDIT: Sorry, given Acker's comment I may have misread the tone of your post and you WERE being sarcastic.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Spot on.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is tremendous news as far as I'm concerned.

Pompey got off far, FAR too lightly from their previous shennanigans for my liking. Hopefully this will be the monumental, cataclysmic disaster required to finally drag that abomination of a club down to an Aldershot-style catastrophe where they pretty much have to start again from scratch in a pub league somewhere.

That would make me happy. Hell, I'd even chuck in our 3 points we got off them if it meant they get dumped out of the League (as long as it didn't end up costing us in some way obviously).

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I REALLY dislike Portsmouth and a section of their fans, the way they purchased the F.A Cup, the over hyped media coverage of anything they do on Meridian, nearly getting squashed after a match at Fratton, Shitty ground annoying bell(end) but have to admit good atmosphere, Jayne fricking Austin Hampshire(nuff said) Second only (just) to that "Lot up the road"...............grrrrrr i hate 'em.

But i am having to admit i am starting to feel a tad sorry for the genuine Portsmouth supporter, enough is enough they have been screwed too many times.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Their fans will have a club to support. But it should be at the bottom of the pyramid and start over. Long suffering MY ARSE.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I might add i think The club got let off very lightly for their mismanagement!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here