Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey parent club - insolvent

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
[MENTION=579]Drumstick[/MENTION] needs to read this.

I'm fully aware of this Biscuit, I did travel down there not long ago. God you do hold on to stuff don't you. I'd forgotten all about it.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I REALLY dislike Portsmouth and a section of their fans, the way they purchased the F.A Cup, the over hyped media coverage of anything they do on Meridian, nearly getting squashed after a match at Fratton, Shitty ground annoying bell(end) but have to admit good atmosphere, Jayne fricking Austin Hampshire(nuff said) Second only (just) to that "Lot up the road"...............grrrrrr i hate 'em.

But i am having to admit i am starting to feel a tad sorry for the genuine Portsmouth supporter, enough is enough they have been screwed too many times.

This is what I was trying to get at [MENTION=307]Biscuit[/MENTION].

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Some refreshing comments on this thread. Usually the old canards that "No one wants to see a club go bust" and "It's not the fans fault" get trotted out, plus of course "You wouldn't have liked it if we'd gone bust in 1997". The answers are of course "Oh yes we do", "Partly, yes it is" and "No of course not but the circumstances are about as different as could be. Plus no one wanted to see Plymouth go bust either".

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I wonder if this could really be the death of the club - sooner or later a club will go, I assume a hefty points deduction will be imposed, but I would think that a lot depends on how the companies are linked.
We all said this last time round , nothing happened.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I was beginning to think that the 'fans' at Portsmouth have been conspicuous by their absence in terms of going public of their distaste for this situation. Which can only lead me to one conclusion that they are actually happy that, no matter which bozo it is that 'takes over' their club, they are happy with it (or certainly not 'unhappy').

I'm sure it must be a worrying time for the Portscum genuine fans, but frankly, if they aren't going to take owners to account for what the hell is happening at their club, then they must accept some of the responsibility for it.

As an aside, I'm sure they paid north of £1M for a player in the summer?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If you're after some <genuinely> long suffering fans, have a look a bit further west to Home Park.

Behave. Plymouth have only been suffering for 2 1/2 seasons. Things were pretty rosy down there until recently. I'd say look no further than ourselves for genuine suffering.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Have they gone bust ? Said on SSN it is the parent company or is there any difference ?

Without the parent company Portsmouth can only survive in the very short term , if another backer doesn't come forward in the next month or so they will be insolvent. Administration might be out of the question if there is no money in the pot to pay the administrator's wedge as a stop gap to finding a new owner.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Behave. Plymouth have only been suffering for 2 1/2 seasons. Things were pretty rosy down there until recently. I'd say look no further than ourselves for genuine suffering.

Our previous suffering goes without saying.

But under CURRENT circumstances, its the Plymouth fans who are stuck at the bottom of the League due to their ongoing problems, and are now staring into the non-league abyss. They've seen their club drop through the divisions at a rapid rate of knots as a result, and that is the fate which, by rights, SHOULD have befallen that scum along the coast.

It irks me that Pompey are still playing at this level.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm fully aware of this Biscuit, I did travel down there not long ago. God you do hold on to stuff don't you. I'd forgotten all about it.

What are you on about? What does travelling down there have anything to do with it? I just thought you'd like to read about the Pompey situation..?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Our previous suffering goes without saying.

But under CURRENT circumstances, its the Plymouth fans who are stuck at the bottom of the League due to their ongoing problems, and are now staring into the non-league abyss. They've seen their club drop through the divisions at a rapid rate of knots as a result, and that is the fate which, by rights, SHOULD have befallen that scum along the coast.

It irks me that Pompey are still playing at this level.

100% this. The fact they bought in players that broke their wage ceiling doesn't indeer them to me either.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Id have some sympathy if they had launched any sort of meaningful campaign against being passed around, by crooks, like a box of After Eight mints. They were enjoying themselves too much, clearly.

Let them start again in a county league. No great loss.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Pompey needs to go bust and start a phoenix club run by the fans. What's the point in lurching from one disaster to another every two years? They'll be back in the league within 5 years with moderate backing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cotterill has dodged a bullet there

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
They should have been made insolvent last season, and this looks like this might be the final bullet heading their way. I'm not at all upset, they deserve to go out of business for the disgraceful way they operated as a business, and the con they pulled over HMRC. An exampple needs to be made to all owners that are running a club in similar fashion. I would hate to lose the 3 points we got against them, although at least on a positive that will be one of the relegation spots catered for.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Yes I was most certainly taking the piss in my earlier post about 'poor Pompey fans'. For a supposedly passionate lot (and I know one or two rather well) I really don't know why they haven't done an FC United. I guess it's 'cos they keep getting lifelines and are prepared to turn a blind eye to the dodgy investors each time. continually Their Club is taking the p**s and surely enough will be enough someday soon?

I really hope the Mandaric/ Redknapp case will expose the dirty dealings behind closed doors but suspect there will be a combination of slippery Barristers and insufficient evidence to secure a conviction. Secondly I hope this would in turn cause the FA to get a proper grip on the fit and proper persons criteria, but fear that won't happen either. Redknapp will probably end up getting the England job too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here