Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Poisonous Palace right now

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Love the guy's Twiiter bio: "I love football. But I support Palace"

Got a lot of time for that.

As for the rest poor form from the Palace fans. Best fans in the world? Yeah, sure...

So a few pricks out of 2000 travelling fans, and we're all classless pikies?
Shocking capitulation by our 2nd string, but frustrations are running high, and things happen that shouldn't.
Soaure was cheered by most of the crowd after, they knew he wasn't responsible for the collapse.
Need a reaction Saturday, and I think we will.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Shocking capitulation by our 2nd string, but frustrations are running high, and things happen that shouldn't.
Soaure was cheered by most of the crowd after, they knew he wasn't responsible for the collapse.
You might regret that last bit..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Like all true Brighton fans of course I want to see Palace relegated, set new records for crapness, sack another manager for sheer comedy value etc etc.

But actually if they did go down it would kind of put them out of their misery, wouldn't it? They'd probably be relieved to find themselves in a league where they can regroup, start winning games and generally get back their mojo.

There is something to be said for the Premier League nightmare to go on for a bit longer yet, just avoiding relegation and facing another season of awful performances and results.

(Yes, I fully expect them to beat us at the Amex.)

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Don't put words in my mouth. "Classless pikies" is your words not mine. No it's not all fans, but I'd be ashamed if that were even one Brighton fan in those circumstances.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Like all true Brighton fans of course I want to see Palace relegated, set new records for crapness, sack another manager for sheer comedy value etc etc.

But actually if they did go down it would kind of put them out of their misery, wouldn't it? They'd probably be relieved to find themselves in a league where they can regroup, start winning games and generally get back their mojo.

Nah. If they go down they are more than likely to do a Sunderland / Wigan / Blackburn etc and end up wallowing in the lower leagues (where they belong) for years to come.

The club is rotten to the core, and that's according to their own fans.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I'm glad you have got West Ham this week, they will be hurting from the beating we gave them, Carroll is back with a point to prove, and, Billic may need the result to save his job.
Your lot must be rock bottom in confidence, you can't score,your defence is Coco the Clown standard, and hopefully, the atmosphere will be throat slittingly toxic.

Palace 3- West Ham 0, then.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Nah. If they go down they are more than likely to do a Sunderland / Wigan / Blackburn etc and end up wallowing in the lower leagues (where they belong) for years to come..

I think you are getting Palace and your own club mixed up here, I started watching Palace in 79 and we haven't been outside the top 2 divisions. :thumbsup:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I think you are getting Palace and your own club mixed up here, I started watching Palace in 79 and we haven't been outside the top 2 divisions. :thumbsup:

Just had to check that as I was sure there was at least one season in the third tier. But no, you're right. It's a pretty good achievement.

(Past results are no guarantee of future performance. Terms and conditions apply.)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Going bust and shafting businesses twice clearly kept you there. Don't bother even trying to deny it. You cheated your way to those stats.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I had to stop reading that. I was crying and tears streaming down my face. It’s so upsetting for them.

Anyway you can only laugh so much before it hurts.

"Nothing about last night gave us any hope that our situation can improve, each week we hit a new low, we are laughed at by everyone and it’s embarrassing to call yourself a Palace fan at the moment.

The decline of Palace is like watching a much loved but terminally ill family member slowly pass away before your very eyes.
"

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I had to stop reading that. I was crying and tears streaming down my face. It’s so upsetting for them.

Anyway you can only laugh so much before it hurts.

"The wheels came off pretty quickly. The amount of our on fans arguing with each other and hurling insults at each other was ridiculous. Singing we're s*** and we know we are and singing about Julian speroni had lots of us shaking our heads. Being shouted at and heckled by our own supporters for leaving at 85 mins was the icing on the cake"

:ffsparr: :clap:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Infighting about the fans treatment of Hennessey last night.

https://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=169236

"Last night he had no chance with any of the goals, and even if he had what would be the point of slagging him? Indulging your pathetic upset feelings at any palace player makes you scum and it will not help us in any way. And if you don't want to help support the lads, then we're much better off without you."

versus

"So our fans are 'scum' for voicing their disapproval. Sorry but I don't agree. I don't think anyone singing anything has anything personal against him, it is just a way of making themselves heard and is borne out of a couple of years of frustration at a first team player continously underperforming and yet keeping his place in the team. I did feel a little sorry for him but then I remembered how much I earn and how much I spend on watching the team and then how much he has in his bank account for doing his job. It's the same with the shirt throwing incident with Pape-Souare last night, I'd like to think that wasn't anything personal and was more of a statement of how frustrated our fans are feeling about everything that's gone on so far this season. If it was personal then it was absolutely moronic but I cannot see how anybody would find any reason to do that"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here