Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players Leaving

Eaagle

Jan 2, 2011
The proof of what YOU say, will be found when or if you go down.
You appear to suggest all your team are 'better' than ours, yet it doesn't seem to be a great gulf in between the standard required for our division versus the Championship's (aside maybe from the promotion likely sides at the top). So, a BOTTOM champs side has to be superior in quality compared to a TOP league 1 squad?
I don't THINK so, scummer!
A top side like ours would generally be expected to 'do okay' in the league above, though probably not set the division alight. By my reckoning, we'd do better than pal(filth!)ace are right now, and our squad is fairly 'even' in its' compliment of talent.

T'would be lovely to meet in the cup, as it's very possibly the only place to see anything proved out. We would humiliate your rubbish, is my prediction :thumbsup:

This bit is true. I don't think we will go down at all.

The vast majority of our team were playing when we were a decent top-6 side. Our squad is very young on the whole, 6 people in our first XI are under 21 years old. Our Chairmen are trying to build a "Palace for the future", and I hope it works. The gulf between League 1 and the Championship is massive, except for clubs who are far too big to be in L1 (Leeds, Norwich etc). I am predicting Millwall to struggle next year, like Bristol City did.

If we had a squad worthy of being the worst in the Championship, I'd agree that top of League 1 is better. With a decent manager, we'd be upper mid-table at worst. I think you have a better squad than Preston do now (after the disgraceful - but ultimately helpful - actions of Ferguson Sr.)

I think you'd struggle in the Championship, as do my Brighton supporting mates, but if you bring in some new players you could do alright. I don't think the Premiership will call you for a long, long time though.

The only thing stopping us from being a play-off team is a defensive midfielder and keeping our goalscorers fit. January will be a very important time for our new manager.

I'd LOVE to meet you in the cup at Selhurst. We'd show you what a real atmosphere is like! It has been electric at Selhurst since the Admin period.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Burley was looking at Johnson, Bhasera and BWP from Plymouth. All 3 were said to be very interested.

Jordan Rhodes was apparently going to sign after we made an agreement with Huddersfield that we could approach him if they weren't in the top 2 by New Year.

We were looking at Le Fondre too, and signing Vaughan permanently. Now Cardiff have pulled out, if Everton will take £750k instead of £1m he's ours. Marrow is also definitely signing permanently after agreeing personal terms last week.

You can look at who you want mate. I was looking at the page 3 bird in The Sun on friday but she`s not coming to my place.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
This bit is true. I don't think we will go down at all.

The vast majority of our team were playing when we were a decent top-6 side. Our squad is very young on the whole, 6 people in our first XI are under 21 years old. Our Chairmen are trying to build a "Palace for the future", and I hope it works. The gulf between League 1 and the Championship is massive, except for clubs who are far too big to be in L1 (Leeds, Norwich etc). I am predicting Millwall to struggle next year, like Bristol City did.

If we had a squad worthy of being the worst in the Championship, I'd agree that top of League 1 is better. With a decent manager, we'd be upper mid-table at worst. I think you have a better squad than Preston do now (after the disgraceful - but ultimately helpful - actions of Ferguson Sr.)

I think you'd struggle in the Championship, as do my Brighton supporting mates, but if you bring in some new players you could do alright. I don't think the Premiership will call you for a long, long time though.

The only thing stopping us from being a play-off team is a defensive midfielder and keeping our goalscorers fit. January will be a very important time for our new manager.

I'd LOVE to meet you in the cup at Selhurst. We'd show you what a real atmosphere is like! It has been electric at Selhurst since the Admin period.

Have you actually noticed your league position recently? Looks like you're a bit f***ed from where I'm sitting. :lol:

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
If Palace played Brighton over two legs at the moment I would expect Brighton to be the favourites and to actually win. That I believe is pretty indicative of the relative merits of the players. If Brighton continue their run of success that will be proof enough of the quality in the team and the ability of the team to comfortably survive in the division above. With the new stadium and increased income stream for next season of course we would need a couple of reasonable quality additions to strengthen the squad.

We have the recent example of Crofts who I saw as hardworking with a useful goalscoring record in League 1. He left for Norwich and the Championship and seems to me to have done well there. They look to have the potential for the Premiership next year.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
This talk of how good a squad the caravanners have got is giving me a nice Sunday chuckle, is this the SAME squad that avoided relegation on the LAST DAY of last season and are now sitting comfortably in 23rd place in the championship this season? Can't be unlucky for that long Shirley! Time to face facts, so far this season Palarse look to be pretty buggered and in decline (even if they are getting a new stadium somewhere sometime never) and drifting from safety. This is a pivotal year in Brighton history, the pikeys demise is making it just that little bit better. Enjoy it palarse, I and many others are :wave:

Eaagle

Jan 2, 2011
This talk of how good a squad the caravanners have got is giving me a nice Sunday chuckle, is this the SAME squad that avoided relegation on the LAST DAY of last season and are now sitting comfortably in 23rd place in the championship this season? Can't be unlucky for that long Shirley! Time to face facts, so far this season Palarse look to be pretty buggered and in decline (even if they are getting a new stadium somewhere sometime never) and drifting from safety. This is a pivotal year in Brighton history, the pikeys demise is making it just that little bit better. Enjoy it palarse, I and many others are :wave:

-10 points, losing your manager and not being paid tends to have a negative effect. We were 6th when docked points.

We have been incredibly unlucky this season, more so than i can remember in any previous seasons.

Have a look at the table in May, when we have signed a few players and got a new manager. I look forward to taking 6 easy points off you next season.

Just remember, if we're shit, you're shitter.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
That's because you haven't seen the games, and you probably know nothing about our squad.

You don't have to have seen your games to realise that results don't lie (especially as we are half way through the season). You are in the bottom 3 for a reason.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
-10 points, losing your manager and not being paid tends to have a negative effect. We were 6th when docked points.

We have been incredibly unlucky this season, more so than i can remember in any previous seasons.

Have a look at the table in May, when we have signed a few players and got a new manager. I look forward to taking 6 easy points off you next season.

Just remember, if we're shit, you're shitter.

Yes, but why were you docked 10 points?

For not paying your way, so you could argue that you were not unlucky just punished for not paying your debts. Don't see how you'll take "six easy points" off us next season when you'll be in the league below :shrug:

Have you really been unlucky this season or just shit? What an inspired signing David's was :lolol:

For years you have been the better team, times are changing right before your eyes. Get used to it and get used to taking it, just like we have for all these years. The futures bright the future is BLUE and WHITE :wave:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
That's because you haven't seen the games, and you probably know nothing about our squad.

You've played twenty four games so far this season and yet are second from the bottom. You don't need to see the games to know that's not bad luck it a bad team. No money was spent before the transfer window closed so what makes you think you'll be spending much now ?

We had enough whining from Palace fans last season with a lot more cause than now, face a simple fact, you're not very good.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

A Palace supporting mate, who has the misfortune to have a season ticket describes Palace as ''..... unadulterated shite ...." or when pushed further " F**k off you Brighton supporting bastard" he's not happy :lolol:

Eaagle

Jan 2, 2011
Yes, but why were you docked 10 points?

For not paying your way, so you could argue that you were not unlucky just punished for not paying your debts. Don't see how you'll take "six easy points" off us next season when you'll be in the league below :shrug:

Have you really been unlucky this season or just shit? What an inspired signing David's was :lolol:

For years you have been the better team, times are changing right before your eyes. Get used to it and get used to taking it, just like we have for all these years. The futures bright the future is BLUE and WHITE :wave:

We were docked points for being forced into admin. Jordan didn't take the easy way out, an aggressive creditor wanted to make sure they got 100% back within months.

Davids was playing well, until his dad died. Probably a valid excuse, eh?

We are still the better team. We will prove that next season.

Eaagle

Jan 2, 2011
You've played twenty four games so far this season and yet are second from the bottom. You don't need to see the games to know that's not bad luck it a bad team. No money was spent before the transfer window closed so what makes you think you'll be spending much now ?

We had enough whining from Palace fans last season with a lot more cause than now, face a simple fact, you're not very good.

An awful criticism. Burley didn't spend the money he was given (17k per week!) and now he's gone. OBVIOUSLY a new manager would spend it.

If games ended in the 85th minute, we'd be 11th in the league. Terrible refs have cost us 6 points in recent weeks, and terrible mixups have cost us more.

Our manager was shit. Our team is good.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Anyone suggesting we've got a better squad than Palace is f***ing mental. We all knew Burley was likely to take them down, so to argue that a better manager wouldn't improve their form is shortsighted as well. I fancy them staying up, which is good news because I would like to thrash them at Amex, first game of the season :)

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
Well, the two strong favourites are Coppell and Hughton. Either of these would be lovely, especially Sir Steve!

Bhaexpress, I registered simply because you're incredibly stupid! We're a much better team than you are, we were just massively under performing with Burley in charge!
Hughton and Coppell are both "decent" managers, are our squad is astronomically better than yours even without any new signings. How many of our players would get into your first team instantly? I'd say almost everyone! Speroni, Clyne, Wright, Danns, Ambrose, Marrow, Zaha (and everyone else from our academy!), Iverson, Counago, Scannell, etc. Our side is identical in terms of talent to the side we had in the top 6 under Warnock. The only players we have lost since then are Derry, Hill, Ertl, Lawrence and Butterfield. All of these players were almost talentless, but they were f*cking hard. A bit of steel is what we've lacked this year.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the side you have now almost identical to the side you had before Gus Poyet? The reason you are doing so well is your manager - not your players. We are the reverse.

Say whatever you like about our manager; the vast majority of your players are nowhere near as good as ours!

EDIT - How good is Elphick? I don't think we'll be signing him now that George has left though. Coppell or Hughton have some signings of their own, I'd imagine. I can't think why you lot believe he'd get into our team, if he's not playing for you? He was only ever going to be a sub under Burley.

You are incredibly deluded Wall fans I know, who ar honest guys, couldnt believe how dire you have been against them, no skill no quality, evidently not in same league as us....

Eaagle

Jan 2, 2011
Anyone suggesting we've got a better squad than Palace is f***ing mental. We all knew Burley was likely to take them down, so to argue that a better manager wouldn't improve their form is shortsighted as well. I fancy them staying up, which is good news because I would like to thrash them at Amex, first game of the season :)

Nail. Head.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Burley was looking at Johnson, Bhasera and BWP from Plymouth. All 3 were said to be very interested.

Jordan Rhodes was apparently going to sign after we made an agreement with Huddersfield that we could approach him if they weren't in the top 2 by New Year.

We were looking at Le Fondre too, and signing Vaughan permanently. Now Cardiff have pulled out, if Everton will take £750k instead of £1m he's ours. Marrow is also definitely signing permanently after agreeing personal terms last week.
The club (or rather 'one club') that couldn't pay its bills last year now has 750k to spend on one player - and when all's said and done all you had to sacrifice to get to this stage was ten points. Not having a go at you personally, you want the best for your team and that's fair enough. But it's wrong. It's all wrong.

Eaagle

Jan 2, 2011
You are incredibly deluded Wall fans I know, who ar honest guys, couldnt believe how dire you have been against them, no skill no quality, evidently not in same league as us....

I couldn't believe how dire we were against them yesterday.

We should have won the reverse by 2/3 goals though.

Eaagle

Jan 2, 2011
The club (or rather 'one club') that couldn't pay its bills last year now has 750k to spend on one player - and when all's said and done all you had to sacrifice to get to this stage was ten points. Not having a go at you personally, you want the best for your team and that's fair enough. But it's wrong. It's all wrong.

It is wrong, you're right. But BHA would do it too.

Football is a bastards game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here