Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players Leaving

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If i was Gus I would keep Elphick for cover but would understand from Elphicks point of view why he may want to leave.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Elphick won't make the grade in the Championship.
It makes sense that both BHA and palace would prepare for their next level.

Agreed. I think he's probably below Dunk in the long term pecking order so no surprise he wants to get away. Would be gutted to see him line up for the scum though.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
We don't have an excess of centre backs, we need to keep Elphick. If he did leave, I'm sure we would need to buy a replacement for cover, so why bother? use that money in areas of the team that definitely need strengthening. He could cut it in the Championship, just needs to fight for his place. The only reason to sell him would be if his relationship with Gus is beyond repair for whatever reason.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
That sounds likely, who can blame him with Tanno getting the nod today.

Why? Tanno woluld have been my choice today aswell. Straight swap insread of messing with our style of play. Also thought Tanno done well. Elphick will just have to stay patient. I wouldnt let him leave, Dunk maybe on loan but not Elphic

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia
He didn't look too pleased today. He didn't join in with the group hug after our first goal and trotted past the pack of players with a brief acknowledgement of the players. A shame if he does leave, but not the end of the world.

0,,10433~9297649,00.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think he may be getting very pissed off with the situation at present, hopefully he will play on Monday.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That sounds likely, who can blame him with Tanno getting the nod today.

Don't be ridiculous Elphick is as much of a right back as Peter Crouch is, and why would you move either Greer or El Abd?

Besides, Palace have just fired their manager, which tends to put a block on signings.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
I wouldn't think Tommy would go to Palace being Brighton since youth! Also can't see him going because if there is an injury or suspension, he would be straight back in the squad, and knowing El-Abd who is already on 6 yellows, his chance could be soon :laugh:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I got told this rumour today too :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here