Players Leaving

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Growler

Jun 3, 2010
I know the contempt some rumours receive via this site but I am going to put something out there anyway .... I was informed that Tommy Elphick is in advanced talks with the SCUM that is PALACE!!!! any views? I would be gutted to see this local product leave ....

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
whats the CRICKET BALL icon gotta do with it? was scared for a moment then :angry:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Please don't let this be true, for me, the fans, the club and the player. West Ham, West Brom, Wolves, Fulham any club that can give a good player and servant of the club a real chance ... Pilarse no f**king way. That is all.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd rather he stayed and fought for his place.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
That sounds likely, who can blame him with Tanno getting the nod today.

that is a silly response
El Abd and Greer are the most consistent centre back pairing we have had in years. Breaking them up unless in an absolute emergency would be crazy and Elphick can't play right back!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Why would Elphick want to go to a bunch of pot less relegation candidates ?

Feb 14, 2010
Why would Elphick want to go to a bunch of pot less relegation candidates ?

because he cant get a game with us at the moment and knows that next year BHA will buy and he wont get a game next year? I like the idea of palace being Brighton's reserves, we need a feeder club

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
According to Palace fans who post on here their new owners supposedly have money to splash in order to avoid relegation.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i can't see it happeneing, players want to play at the highest level possible, but going there will be a HUGE step down in his career

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We have Dunk as a back-up. I'd rather Elphick fought for his play but if we were to get a fee, he's a good defender but maybe not a great fit for Gus' system?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It would be a real shame to see him go but you could understand it from his perspective if he chose to go elsewhere to get first team football.
He is easily good enough to play for Palace, maybe too good as he might not be up to the rough stuff that they like to employ instead of playing football.
Hopefully he stays but no surprise and good luck to him if he chooses otherwise. He is no Joel Lynch and I don't think his career will go down the toilet like Lynch's no matter what he decides.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Greer and El Abd aren't going to go through the rest of the season free of injury and / or suspension, so no reason the off-load Elphick.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He didn't look too pleased today. He didn't join in with the group hug after our first goal and trotted past the pack of players with a brief acknowledgement of the players. A shame if he does leave, but not the end of the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports