Players Leaving

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The fact is, he wont get in in front of Greer or Abd, and Gus believes Dunk is a future Premiership player so is likely to blood him if either of those are out for whatever reason. I just can't see him getting a game, and he must be looking for a move.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well, that blows my theory out of the water. I was too busy boucing around after the Wood effort and missed that. :dunce:

Well in support of your observations - I watched Tommy closely during the half time subs kick about in front of the family stand and his whole body language screamed out...Down in the dumps. I felt really sorry for him, but it's the harsh reality of a successful side I suppose.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If he wants to go somewhere and play games then fair enough, be rubbish to see him go to Palace though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Elph did do a long long warm up on his own with Matt Miller (I think) before the match right up till KO. I believe someone had a niggle and he may have been expected to come on early...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Well in support of your observations - I watched Tommy closely during the half time subs kick about in front of the family stand and his whole body language screamed out...Down in the dumps. I felt really sorry for him, but it's the harsh reality of a successful side I suppose.
He's looked this way since Chalrton,the first game he was dropped for. But El-Abd and Greer have obviously proved the decision correct and not given Tommy a sniff of a place, and when he had a chance in cup games he hasn't really grabbed it sadly.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He's looked this way since Chalrton,the first game he was dropped for. But El-Abd and Greer have obviously proved the decision correct and not given Tommy a sniff of a place, and when he had a chance in cup games he hasn't really grabbed it sadly.

I probably noticed it especially today as I thought he might get a run-out today with the El-Abd switch to RB instead of Tanno playing, what with it only being Orient and all that :lol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Think he may be getting very pissed off with the situation at present, hopefully he will play on Monday.

Hell no, why would you want him to play on Monday? :ohmy:

That would suggest either Greer or El Abd aren't playing which would be a Bad Thing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Obviously he won't be pleased that he's not first choice but I don't see any sign of discontent and wanting away. There are lots of games before the end of the season, injuries or suspensions could come into it, he'll get his chance again. I think he'll want to be part of the squad that goes to Falmer.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
People saying he looked down, well don't we want him to look down? Want him to be fired up 100% to grab his opportunity when it comes not indifferent. Deffo don't want a player who's happy sat on the bench all season just picking up his cheques!
Really like him as seems a good guy, but as people say Dunk might have a big future and that would suggest at some point one of our 3 other centre backs will become 4th choice, and can't see any of them being OK with that. Prefer he goes anywhere but palarse but if he wants to go and we get a fee guess we take it.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the tommy elphick hoof really doesnt fit in with poyets style of play - i wouldnt be surprised to see him leave or dunk creep ahead of him in the pecking order before too long

Sell:

Elphick (not happy, decent player, should get us a few quid)
Holroyd (Decent kid, but its not going to work for him here, especially with the special one coming, he will be surplus - potnetial profit after his great loan spell?)
Poke (Why did we ever sign him - not needed)

Loan:

Mitch Walker (with view to recall if we need him as sub cover due to Brez/Cas injury/suspension)
Sandaza (Prob on decent wage, so let someone else pay him - with the special one, he will be our 5th choice striker so wont even feature on the bench)
Battipedi (cant get a game for us - let him get some English league experience elsewhere

Staying:

Murray (New contract needed yesterday)
Baz (young and still a lot to discover. Always looks great for reserves, not yet done it in the 1st team - one for the future?)

And Gary Hart - Surely the club can find a job for him at the end of the season - just so long as its not on the pitch - hes done his work there!

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Sell:

Elphick (not happy, decent player, should get us a few quid)
Holroyd (Decent kid, but its not going to work for him here, especially with the special one coming, he will be surplus - potnetial profit after his great loan spell?)
Poke (Why did we ever sign him - not needed)

Loan:

Mitch Walker (with view to recall if we need him as sub cover due to Brez/Cas injury/suspension)
Sandaza (Prob on decent wage, so let someone else pay him - with the special one, he will be our 5th choice striker so wont even feature on the bench)
Battipedi (cant get a game for us - let him get some English league experience elsewhere

Staying:

Murray (New contract needed yesterday)
Baz (young and still a lot to discover. Always looks great for reserves, not yet done it in the 1st team - one for the future?)

And Gary Hart - Surely the club can find a job for him at the end of the season - just so long as its not on the pitch - hes done his work there!

I certainly wouldn't sell Elphick unless he slaps a transfer request on Gus' desk. It would be a sad day if he is not there for the opening game at Falmer, we need as many local lads there as possible - that's who it means most to after all.

I think Sandaza is worth keeping. Before yesterday he actually had the best scoring record at the club so give him some credit. I cannot see that we will keep Wood AND sign 'the special striker' this season - maybe he's one for next season if Wood stays? Sandaza is a good option to have on the bench and would actually like to see him start a game with Murray.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports