Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players Leaving

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Potless?

Your intelligence shows no boundaries. Bit like when you went on the BBS.

Sorry I meant pointless. You're a crap team with no future your new board can't even get a decent manager let alone a decent player. Prepare yourself for many seasons of lower league football.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Much as it hurts to say it I think Palace will get either Southgate or Hughton as their next manager possibly even Curbishley and then they will get some loan signings in through their contacts in football and thus avoid relegation. The good things is that will gives us 6 points next season.

Eaagle

Jan 2, 2011
Well, the two strong favourites are Coppell and Hughton. Either of these would be lovely, especially Sir Steve!

Bhaexpress, I registered simply because you're incredibly stupid! We're a much better team than you are, we were just massively under performing with Burley in charge!
Hughton and Coppell are both "decent" managers, are our squad is astronomically better than yours even without any new signings. How many of our players would get into your first team instantly? I'd say almost everyone! Speroni, Clyne, Wright, Danns, Ambrose, Marrow, Zaha (and everyone else from our academy!), Iverson, Counago, Scannell, etc. Our side is identical in terms of talent to the side we had in the top 6 under Warnock. The only players we have lost since then are Derry, Hill, Ertl, Lawrence and Butterfield. All of these players were almost talentless, but they were f*cking hard. A bit of steel is what we've lacked this year.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the side you have now almost identical to the side you had before Gus Poyet? The reason you are doing so well is your manager - not your players. We are the reverse.

Say whatever you like about our manager; the vast majority of your players are nowhere near as good as ours!

EDIT - How good is Elphick? I don't think we'll be signing him now that George has left though. Coppell or Hughton have some signings of their own, I'd imagine. I can't think why you lot believe he'd get into our team, if he's not playing for you? He was only ever going to be a sub under Burley.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Well, the two strong favourites are Coppell and Hughton. Either of these would be lovely, especially Sir Steve!

Bhaexpress, I registered simply because you're incredibly stupid! We're a much better team than you are, we were just massively under performing with Burley in charge!
Hughton and Coppell are both "decent" managers, are our squad is astronomically better than yours even without any new signings. How many of our players would get into your first team instantly? I'd say almost everyone! Speroni, Clyne, Wright, Danns, Ambrose, Marrow, Zaha (and everyone else from our academy!), Iverson, Counago, Scannell, etc. Our side is identical in terms of talent to the side we had in the top 6 under Warnock. The only players we have lost since then are Derry, Hill, Ertl, Lawrence and Butterfield. All of these players were almost talentless, but they were f*cking hard. A bit of steel is what we've lacked this year.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the side you have now almost identical to the side you had before Gus Poyet? The reason you are doing so well is your manager - not your players. We are the reverse.

Say whatever you like about our manager; the vast majority of your players are nowhere near as good as ours!

EDIT - How good is Elphick? I don't think we'll be signing him now that George has left though. Coppell or Hughton have some signings of their own, I'd imagine. I can't think why you lot believe he'd get into our team, if he's not playing for you? He was only ever going to be a sub under Burley.

Classic :laugh:

Eaagle

Jan 2, 2011
Gus signed 7 of the 11 that started yesterday so I'm not sure it's "the side we had before Poyet". I obviously don't watch Palace very often so I'm not going to claim to be an expert, but looking from my point of view it seems what you badly lack is any sort of even average striker. You've got some very decent midfielders that I'm sure we'd like and a top keeper, but Pablo Counago upfront? Do me a favour.

Living near Brighton, your fans are always telling me that Gus has transformed an average side! I'll remind them that they're massive liars next time!

We do massively lack a striker. Vaughan was quite good, but we've not had another one.

Counago plays as an attacking midfielder at the moment - he was actually playing very well! Poor mans Dougie Freedman.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Looks like you've been overusing your own product, clearly you are hallucinating.

Eaagle

Jan 2, 2011
Looks like you've been overusing your own product, clearly you are hallucinating.

Care to point out how? Like... I dunno.... respond to any of the points?

The largest one being; which of those players would not get into your first XI?

Eaagle

Jan 2, 2011
Well you could say he has with a number of players, as the likes of El Abd, Dicker and Navarro have gone from being between poor and average under previous managers to top-quality league one players thanks to Gus. But obviously a number of our key men have been brought in by him too, although in fairness he's not spent very much to do that.

As for Palace, a fit and firing Ambrose and Danns would get in every championship side, Speroni is as good as you'll get in that division and Clyne is obviously highly rated. On paper it's an ok Championship squad. However, I know it's stating the obvious, but if you've got nobody who can score a goal you're going to struggle. I've just looked on your website and it says no player has scored more than five goals this season, and no striker currently at the club has more than TWO! That's outrageously bad and explains why you're where you are. Reasonable manager + a striker who can score 10 goals in the rest of the season = you'll be fine. Below par manager + no major improvement upfront = banker relegation outfit.

Some sense. Vaughan was our striker, but obviously he was only temporary as he was a loan. He would have gotten 10 goals this season, as he got 5 even though he missed many of the games at the start of the season.

Ambrose is our goalscorer, he scored 20 last year from midfield! He's been injured for 11 weeks this season, which obviously leaves us lacking. Our squad is good enough for play-offs contention, with a good manager. We've certainly got a better side than teams like Millwall or Derby, but obviously not as good as teams like Cardiff. A good manager will make all the difference, and I'm predicting a comfortable mid-table finish this year with playoffs for next year. One good thing Burley did was convince Ambrose, Speroni, Marrow, McCarthy, Danns (in a few days), Zaha and a few others to sign new deals, most of which are for another 3 years, with Zaha's being 5.

As you've said, either signing a new striker or keeping Ambrose fit will make or break our season. Under Burley we were awful away from home and defensively - (though at home we were looking very good in recent weeks) The last time we were playing this badly around the new year period, we got promoted under Dowie after signing Andy Johnson!

Eaagle

Jan 2, 2011
It's good that you recognised that our squad is decent though, most Brighton fans are blinded to it, and believe yours is better!

You have a really, really good manager, but your squad would be poor in the Championship. We had a good Championship squad, and a really, really poor manager (though he wasn't poor at Ipswich).

In terms of monetary value, I'm convinced that we could sell one of our players (probably Clyne) for more than your entire first team! (while in administration, we recieved a bid of £3m. I'm sure this would now increase). That 1. reinforces how much we're underachieving under Burley and
2. Shows how well Poyet has done with your side!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Care to point out how? Like... I dunno.... respond to any of the points?

The largest one being; which of those players would not get into your first XI?

Ambrose maybe but looking at your league position and frankly your woeful performance yesterday as against ours you have to be on drugs. I remember when Burley first went there he was the second coming. Seeing as your new board says they have money to spend how come nobody signed pre season ? Given your current situation what sort of player will you get ? In case you're not sure let me tell you, desperate cast offs.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
In my opinion the only Brighton players that are ready to play and cope in championship RIGHT NOW are Calderon, Greer, Bennet, Dicker and Murray. Muzza would need to play at a more consistant level in that division, and you could maybe argue a case for Painter too. But undoubtedly Gus will improve the squad now and in the summer so that if we are in the championship we stay there.

As for Palace i agree that they have a better squad than thier position suggests, but they have one hell of a struggle ahead to stay in the championship.

simoblow

Jan 22, 2010
The "Football Rumours" web site reckons that Albion are about to sign defender Andy Iro from MLS Team Columbus Crew. I have never heard of this guy either, but having googled him, i have established he is English (born in Liverpool) and a centre back and an occasional left back. If true, possibly the final straw for Elphick?

The same thread also says that Brighton have taken former Club América striker Leo Guerra, former Albacete midfielder Alex Perez and former Marbella centre back Rives on trial.

Could of course be a load of rubbish...

It's good that you recognised that our squad is decent though, most Brighton fans are blinded to it, and believe yours is better!

You have a really, really good manager, but your squad would be poor in the Championship. We had a good Championship squad, and a really, really poor manager (though he wasn't poor at Ipswich).

In terms of monetary value, I'm convinced that we could sell one of our players (probably Clyne) for more than your entire first team! (while in administration, we recieved a bid of £3m. I'm sure this would now increase). That 1. reinforces how much we're underachieving under Burley and
2. Shows how well Poyet has done with your side!

The proof of what YOU say, will be found when or if you go down.
You appear to suggest all your team are 'better' than ours, yet it doesn't seem to be a great gulf in between the standard required for our division versus the Championship's (aside maybe from the promotion likely sides at the top). So, a BOTTOM champs side has to be superior in quality compared to a TOP league 1 squad?
I don't THINK so, scummer!
A top side like ours would generally be expected to 'do okay' in the league above, though probably not set the division alight. By my reckoning, we'd do better than pal(filth!)ace are right now, and our squad is fairly 'even' in its' compliment of talent.

T'would be lovely to meet in the cup, as it's very possibly the only place to see anything proved out. We would humiliate your rubbish, is my prediction :thumbsup:

Eaagle

Jan 2, 2011
Football rumours is the biggest pile of sh*t, anyone can write anything on there. We were apparently going to sign Wayne Rooney on loan a few years ago, because he had a row with Ferguson. Complete crap, obviously.

Eaagle

Jan 2, 2011
Ambrose maybe but looking at your league position and frankly your woeful performance yesterday as against ours you have to be on drugs. I remember when Burley first went there he was the second coming. Seeing as your new board says they have money to spend how come nobody signed pre season ? Given your current situation what sort of player will you get ? In case you're not sure let me tell you, desperate cast offs.

Sorry? Ambrose MAYBE? He's one of the best midfielders in the Championship, he scores goals for fun when fit and has the best free-kick I've ever seen at Palace

Our league position is largely down to our manager using the wrong tactics, not signing a striker and not signing a defensive midfielder. Our performance yesterday was woeful, but our away form has been all season.

We won't know the answer. Our chairmen go on our BBS all the time, and were answering questions last night. They said money was given to Burley, and was given a wage budget of an extra £17k a week, which would have paid for 2/3 very good players; he just didn't use it.

He could have been very good (he was phenomenal for Ipswich) so we all expected him to deliver. Unfortunately, he really didn't.

Our current situation is temporary, our squad is good. New signings will see this. After all, if we were really in trouble, why would the best goalkeeper in the League and some of the best midfielders in the League sign new 3 year contracts?!

Eaagle

Jan 2, 2011
Eaagle who do you think you'll get? Who do you want?

Burley was looking at Johnson, Bhasera and BWP from Plymouth. All 3 were said to be very interested.

Jordan Rhodes was apparently going to sign after we made an agreement with Huddersfield that we could approach him if they weren't in the top 2 by New Year.

We were looking at Le Fondre too, and signing Vaughan permanently. Now Cardiff have pulled out, if Everton will take £750k instead of £1m he's ours. Marrow is also definitely signing permanently after agreeing personal terms last week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here