Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pitch invasion

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
People who are saying we ruined it for everyone by running on the pitch your morons. Loads of people now have great memorys of winning promotion, also all the player loved it Noone got on a mans shoulders and was exstatic. Elphick even joined in with some of the singing. So please piss of and stop moaning and let people enjoy football how they want instead of just being forced to sit down and clap.

So you're saying that it's OK for the minority to do whatever they like for their own enjoyment and stuff the majority ? Nothing like being a selfish moron.

Jan 30, 2008
:QUOTE=Brighton4Cambridge3;4057604]This stupid answer shows how childish you really are - please never post a wink face ever again- now go out and play, it is after all the Easter Holidays.
And before you call me boring, I myself wanted to go on the pitch but Gus said "Please don't go on the pitch" and what he says goes.[/QUOTE]

so if he said go and jump off the cliff .............................................:bigwave:

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
:QUOTE=Brighton4Cambridge3;4057604]This stupid answer shows how childish you really are - please never post a wink face ever again- now go out and play, it is after all the Easter Holidays.
And before you call me boring, I myself wanted to go on the pitch but Gus said "Please don't go on the pitch" and what he says goes.

so if he said go and jump off the cliff .............................................:bigwave:[/QUOTE]

I knew that was coming...
Possibly, as i'm sure he would save me on the way down. :love:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
People who are saying we ruined it for everyone by running on the pitch your morons. Loads of people now have great memorys of winning promotion, also all the player loved it Noone got on a mans shoulders and was exstatic. Elphick even joined in with some of the singing. So please piss of and stop moaning and let people enjoy football how they want instead of just being forced to sit down and clap.

So you're saying that it's OK for the minority to do whatever they like for their own enjoyment and stuff the majority ? Nothing like being a selfish moron.

I was thinking the same thing, nothing like making a point that blows a hole in your argument! Plus, it's 'you're morons'...

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
oh what was that, moaning about my spelling now, you just want to moan about the pitch invasion because your to
sophisticated to do something a fun once in a while, go on go back to reading the dictionary.

Your line of reasoning has become awfully arduous, as said before I was all for going on the pitch, but than the manager who has masterminded the clubs climb to the submit says not to – I would respect that.
The ignorance of a small number of almost ruined it for the mainstream and this includes the players. Spontaneous pitch invasions are much more pleasing.
i.e. Swindon X2.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
It's happened, move on. I'm pretty sure there will be a lap of honour at either the Saints or Huddersfield game. Painter, Elphick, Casper, Murray, Wood and Noone were all loving it. I'm not saying it was right, but moaning about it seems, well pointless.

:shrug:

patcham lad

Nov 27, 2009
to hell with the fun poiice the lights will be on in patcham to-night - life's short - the gus bus is heading for glory.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
People weren't moaning when we stayed up against Stockport a couple of seasons ago so I don't see how there is any difference? Going up or staying up it makes no difference there will be a pitch invasion. Just be happy and continue with your day without anymore moaning from a few certain people on here ..

PutYourHandsUp...

Jun 6, 2009
Hey Guys its Jo (Gully's Girls)

There were a very small handfull of Gully's Girls who went on, most of which are new girls and where not fully aware of the rules, they got caught up in the excitment but when told after that they shouldnt of gone on they were very sorry that they went on.

...Just wanted to make you sure you guys know it was an accident on the girls part

Jo x

WeAreTheAlbion

Aug 19, 2010
Northstand - AMEX Stadium
Hey Guys its Jo (Gully's Girls)

There were a very small handfull of Gully's Girls who went on, most of which are new girls and where not fully aware of the rules, they got caught up in the excitment but when told after that they shouldnt of gone on they were very sorry that they went on.

...Just wanted to make you sure you guys know it was an accident on the girls part

Jo x

To be honest, im glad they went on, everyone else went on and everyone else enjoyed it to a very high extent and i bet it was the same for the girls as well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
People weren't moaning when we stayed up against Stockport a couple of seasons ago so I don't see how there is any difference? Going up or staying up it makes no difference there will be a pitch invasion. Just be happy and continue with your day without anymore moaning from a few certain people on here ..

Stockport was different - there was a very real chance of us going down that afternoon, so the relief when we didn't was genuine and spontaneous. And it was the final game of the season.

I suppose the pitch invasion was inevitable last night, but it wasn't a spontaneous one. We've known for about 3 or 4 months that we're going up, last night just mathematically confirmed it. I think it would have been more appropriate to save it for the final game at Withdean, when we'll have a pot to parade and all the emotion of leaving what has been our "home" for the last 12 years, but some people just had to get on there I suppose. I can see it happening again if we turn Southampton over as well, the same ones could well lose control of themselves all over again with the irresistable urge to flail around on the pitch at the final whistle, slobbering all over the nearest player they can grab.

The club asked the fans to stay off the pitch.
Gus asked the fans to stay off the pitch.

Personally I think those wishes should have been respected, not ignored. I suppose that just makes me a boring moany old fart for taking heed and only celebrating in the stands though.

WeAreTheAlbion

Aug 19, 2010
Northstand - AMEX Stadium
Stockport was different - there was a very real chance of us going down that afternoon, so the relief when we didn't was genuine and spontaneous. And it was the final game of the season.

I suppose the pitch invasion was inevitable last night, but it wasn't a spontaneous one. We've known for about 3 or 4 months that we're going up, last night just mathematically confirmed it. I think it would have been more appropriate to save it for the final game at Withdean, when we'll have a pot to parade and all the emotion of leaving what has been our "home" for the last 12 years, but some people just had to get on there I suppose. I can see it happening again if we turn Southampton over as well, the same ones could well lose control of themselves all over again with the irresistable urge to flail around on the pitch at the final whistle, slobbering all over the nearest player they can grab.

The club asked the fans to stay off the pitch.
Gus asked the fans to stay off the pitch.

Personally I think those wishes should have been respected, not ignored. I suppose that just makes me a boring moany old fart for taking heed and only celebrating in the stands though.
we just got promoted, standing and clapping in the stands would not of let out my excitement of us going up, and i dont regret going on the pitch at all, it was amazing! and yes there will be another at the last game of the season and its gonna be better and hopefully they will also do a lap of honour.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
we just got promoted, standing and clapping in the stands would not of let out my excitement of us going up, and i dont regret going on the pitch at all, it was amazing! and yes there will be another at the last game of the season and its gonna be better and hopefully they will also do a lap of honour.

Final home game of the season, last game at Withdean and we're also celebrating being champions, I'm sure there will be (another) pitch invasion, but thats just the point. You've already HAD one. And possibly ANOTHER one if we beat SCC. It gets a bit much dontcha think ?

I think the club saw this potential 3-invasions scenario unfolding and so attempted, a bit cack-handedly as it turned out, to prevent this one happening. Too late now though. We've had one, there will be at least one more to come (a far more justified one for the last game), thats just the way it'll have to be. We'll look like goons storming onto the pitch 3 games in a row, but there's no telling some people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here