Pitch invasion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The sad part about this is that these days there are virtually no police inside the ground, only the odd 'spotter'.

Our sometimes criticised stewards have done such a decent job in recent years at Withdean, that the local plod have withdrawn, with just a representation by the control box, and a couple of vans outside.

I fear that after several hundred people felt the need to celebrate on the pitch, the crazy FA in their wisdom might take some action, which would force the local constabulary to once again 'parade' around the perimeter.

Do we really want to return to those dark days, I thought we had all moved on?

We're all doomed! What utter utter rubbish. Christ people like you suck the very life out of our great game with such catastrophising. On the pitch and long may that continue when we win promotion. Some unbelievable negativity on this site today when all should just be celebrating. No one got hurt but like every such situation the moral police take it upon themself to tick off those engaging in a bit of joy and happiness. I give up, hope you're as far away from the north stand in the Amex as it's possible. For it's here that will become the epicentre of atmosphere!!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Evening Das Reich!! :wave: Sorry, just having a cheeky giggle. You're my favourite Nazi.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Only the health and safety officer stopped the lap of honour. Samrah just said was he was told.

But Bennett and Bridcutt & Co ignored the officer, pushed past him for the lap of honour.

Everything was harmless.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
We're all doomed! What utter utter rubbish. Christ people like you suck the very life out of our great game with such catastrophising. On the pitch and long may that continue when we win promotion. Some unbelievable negativity on this site today when all should just be celebrating. No one got hurt but like every such situation the moral police take it upon themself to tick off those engaging in a bit of joy and happiness. I give up, hope you're as far away from the north stand in the Amex as it's possible. For it's here that will become the epicentre of atmosphere!!
No one got hurt...but there was thieving of players kit,who might have wanted their shirts for themselves...do you think that was right as well?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
In my opinion Samrah sounded like demented maniac screaming down the mic and this just riled the ' Safety officer' Plank which then caused the annoucement that the players would not come out. It was sure joy when they did because he was speechless ... sorry but the invasion would have happened at any ground by other fans if their team had just achieved promotion ... think back to the Goldstone !!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports