Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pitch invasion

WeAreTheAlbion

Aug 19, 2010
Northstand - AMEX Stadium
Final home game of the season, last game at Withdean and we're also celebrating being champions, I'm sure there will be (another) pitch invasion, but thats just the point. You've already HAD one. And possibly ANOTHER one if we beat SCC. It gets a bit much dontcha think ?

I think the club saw this potential 3-invasions scenario unfolding and so attempted, a bit cack-handedly as it turned out, to prevent this one happening. Too late now though. We've had one, there will be at least one more to come (a far more justified one for the last game), thats just the way it'll have to be. We'll look like goons storming onto the pitch 3 games in a row, but there's no telling some people.
To be honnest i dont this there will be one against southampton if we beat walsall but if we dont then yes there will be one.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
To be honnest i dont this there will be one against southampton if we beat walsall but if we dont then yes there will be one.

I doubt that after last night expect the club to ramp up things to ensure that similar scenes do not occur, more police etc

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
There will be one on the last game, whatever the result. Surely there will only be one against Southampton if we win the title against them? Which hopefully we will already have wrapped up. That way the players can walk around with the trophy after the game without anyone going on, and the Huddersfield game can be a celebration of the fact that we are finally leaving Withdean.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't think we'll be given the trophy at the Southampton game.

Actually, will we even be given it at the Huddersfield game ? I seem to remember Swansea at our place on the final day of the season a couple of years ago being presented with the L1 trophy, even though they'd wrapped up the championship a few weeks before.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
I don't think we'll be given the trophy at the Southampton game.

Actually, will we even be given it at the Huddersfield game ? I seem to remember Swansea at our place on the final day of the season a couple of years ago being presented with the L1 trophy, even though they'd wrapped up the championship a few weeks before.

Got a feeling the FA held back until the Leeds 15 point deduction appeal was thrown out.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
There was always gonna be a pitch invasion if we won tonight.
Everyone knew it ... the Stewards, Samrah, the FA, even Colonel Gaddafi if you'd rung him up and asked him, so I don't understand the moaners.

Having said that, I don't understand the pitch invaders either.

If it's the correct way to celebrate promotion ... why didn't 7,000+ people invade instead of just a few hundred?

Face it ... people invade the pitch to get noticed ... and because they are brain dead of course, and can't see how stupid they appear.
"Ooooh looook at me mummy ... I got myself on Sky Sports news, how cool am I!!"

At least children have an excuse, they genuinely don't know any better, but when an adult does it ..?

Pathetic.

TWAT!! i'm 53 i ran on the pitch along with plenty of other fans, and celebrated us getting PROMOTED!!!
Oh and my mummy saw me on the telly:p

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
The sad part about this is that these days there are virtually no police inside the ground, only the odd 'spotter'.

Our sometimes criticised stewards have done such a decent job in recent years at Withdean, that the local plod have withdrawn, with just a representation by the control box, and a couple of vans outside.

I fear that after several hundred people felt the need to celebrate on the pitch, the crazy FA in their wisdom might take some action, which would force the local constabulary to once again 'parade' around the perimeter.

Do we really want to return to those dark days, I thought we had all moved on?

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
The sad part about this is that these days there are virtually no police inside the ground, only the odd 'spotter'.

Our sometimes criticised stewards have done such a decent job in recent years at Withdean, that the local plod have withdrawn, with just a representation by the control box, and a couple of vans outside.

I fear that after several hundred people felt the need to celebrate on the pitch, the crazy FA in their wisdom might take some action, which would force the local constabulary to once again 'parade' around the perimeter.

Do we really want to return to those dark days, I thought we had all moved on?

Oh i see a few hundred fans celebrating PROMOTION!! is a return the dark days eh? well well well, if i'd only had known that i woudnt of gone on the pitch myself, how very rude of me.

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
Cant believe people are moaning about a pitch invasion after we get PROMOTED! some of the moaners in block C really need to get a life, anything to have a moan hey. It is more embarassing to hear people moan about it, the scenes at the end of were pretty farcical thanks to the PA announcer and the lady steward with her 'told you so' attitude when she said the players wouldnt come out as we had been told! sake!!!

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Oh dear I just KNEW there would be a thread about this on here. At almost every ground in the country there is a pitch invasion if there's promoion - get over it - we've got SCC or Hudds for another lap of honour. And Gus and the players hardly seemed bothered about the pitch invasion did they - bet they couldn't wait to get out and celebrate - infact all the players I saw on the pitch were loving it.

To those who are saying 'grown men running on pitch blah blah' 0 it's nice to celecrate with the players themselves in some people's view - deal with it.

THE PITCH WAS COMPLETELY CLEAR VERY, VERY QUICKLY!!!

Exactly. Try and get this through to some people though! :shootself

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Cant believe people are moaning about a pitch invasion after we get PROMOTED! some of the moaners in block C really need to get a life, anything to have a moan hey. It is more embarassing to hear people moan about it, the scenes at the end of were pretty farcical thanks to the PA announcer and the lady steward with her 'told you so' attitude when she said the players wouldnt come out as we had been told! sake!!!

Exactly. Try and get this through to some people though! :shootself

What are you on here all day for then!? You went on the pitch, fine, people on here have disagreed, all you need to do is accept that a number of people were upset that they didn't get to see the players. If anything, you lot moaning about the people moaning are the worst of all! You got to do what you wanted, and you can't accept people weren't happy with it. You the worst of the moaners. Marcgorry, why don't you just carry on repeating yourself again and again like the nerd you surely are!

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
What are you on here all day for then!? You went on the pitch, fine, people on here have disagreed, all you need to do is accept that a number of people were upset that they didn't get to see the players. If anything, you lot moaning about the people moaning are the worst of all! You got to do what you wanted, and you can't accept people weren't happy with it. You the worst of the moaners. Marcgorry, why don't you just carry on repeating yourself again and again like the nerd you surely are!

Nerd? :lolol:

That's a great comment because I am 'discussing' my views about the events last night. How would you know how long I am on NSC for? Its a pitch invasion it happens at every ground up and down the country when a team go up or stay up. I went on the pitch but for about 2 minutes just to tread the turf. Everybody listened last season and nobody went on the pitch at all and they squad done a lap. This season it was needed.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The best answer to all this is the club should have got it right and they didn't. There was always going to be a pitch invasion as there has been at every promotion I have witnessed. Therefore the club needed a strategy to deal with it. They should have said that Gus and the players will only come out when the pitch is cleared. Job done. Instead we end up with more than half the crowd leaving before they came back out because of some nonsense announcement. Don't blame the fans for doing what football fans everywhere do, it's the clubs fault they ballsed it up.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
at the end of the day. everyone like to have a big old MOAN. man or woman. young or old. We have just been promoted. But if its glenn murray going to the scum or a joyous pitch invasion. People always find something, no matter how poor their argument is, to moan about.

I hate people. I hate our attitude. But i love gus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here