Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pitch invasion

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
:facepalm:This is what happens when real football meets plastic football:dunce::clap: sit in your seat fill out your bank details and clap:down:

real football fans boo'd from the stands waiting for their team to come out. plastic fans ran on the pitch to get noticed, it was probably their first game for a lot of them!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
real football fans boo'd from the stands waiting for their team to come out. plastic fans ran on the pitch to get noticed, it was probably their first game for a lot of them!

Rubbish. People ran on the pitch. Like they do at other grounds when a team gets promoted / wins a big cup game etc.

They ran on, they celebrated, they came off. Not one hint of trouble or disorder.

I didn't go on, but only because I was midway back in the south stand and coudn't be arsed.

I did though see LOADS of people I know who could not be further from the plastic fans you have them down as.

Some people need to lighten up.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
In many ways, this is a Withdean problem. At the Goldstone, pitch invasions were fine because the players could come back and celebrate in the Directors' Box with all the fans. At Withdean, the lap of honour's the only option - so the fans who insist on running on the pitch spoil the moment for the majority who don't and who would prefer to applaud the players rather than a bunch of other fans.

At least it's a problem we won't have much longer.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
They ran on, they celebrated, they came off. Not one hint of trouble or disorder.

Not sure the players who lost their kit would agree with you there

WICKBHA

Mar 29, 2011
Everyone who ran on the pitch last night are TOSSERS.

The crowd are booing them and they still put their hands up when they come back off as if they are heros, "ooh look at me, I'm well hard, I went on the pitch"

This happened at the end of the season a few years ago (can't quite remember which year). We were already safe from relegation before the final game, but people just ran on the pitch on the final whistle anyway. And because of those idiots, the team didn't come out for a lap. What a shit way to end the season.

To be honest, it would have been a good idea not to have brought the team out last night as it would have dissuaded the pricks from doing it again in the final two games. The fact they came out anyway was a mess-up of the highest order which lead to a lot of people unfortunately missing the lap of honour, I suspect that the waiting media had something to do with it.

On the pitch last night,was a couple who must of been 65-75,someone in a wheel chair, Gully Girls, your an A1 twat for thinking this.

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
On the pitch last night,was a couple who must of been 65-75,someone in a wheel chair, Gully Girls, your an A1 twat for thinking this.

I'm sorry, I didn't realise that the people you described CAN'T be tossers. Everyone who went on the pitch yesterday is as bad as each other. You don't get exemption because you are retired or in a wheechair.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

It is in fact discrimination for you to suggest that the elderly, disabled, or female gender can't be tossers like everyone else!

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
It looked like a right HOOT. We should do it every game, win or lose. What better way to cheer yourself up after a heavy defeat? More of it, I say.

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I was all up for a pitch invason - but Gus said he didn't want one. The players didn't seem to happy either about it.

Marcos Painter was loving it,hugging fans,he hardly tried to run off the pitch.

WICKBHA

Mar 29, 2011
I'm sorry, I didn't realise that the people you described CAN'T be tossers. Everyone who went on the pitch yesterday is as bad as each other. You don't get exemption because you are retired or in a wheechair.

Dia i say they CANT be tossers? Just i think Gully Girls do a good job at a drab place,trying to raise the atmosphere/enjoying themselves etc,and to be told they are idiots,and it would be thier fault if club get deducted points etc,way OTT,stupid old ****

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Dia i say they CANT be tossers? Just i think Gully Girls do a good job at a drab place,trying to raise the atmosphere/enjoying themselves etc,and to be told they are idiots,and it would be thier fault if club get deducted points etc,way OTT,stupid old ****

Where did he say Gullys Girls son't do a good job ? Or indeed that the club would be deducted points. His initial post that people who went onto the pitch were tossers was correct - they were, regardless of who they were or what they do.

WICKBHA

Mar 29, 2011
Where did he say Gullys Girls son't do a good job ? Or indeed that the club would be deducted points. His initial post that people who went onto the pitch were tossers was correct - they were, regardless of who they were or what they do.

LMFAO what the f you going on about? i said IMO they do a good job,maybe your a reporter? or just talking shite...........

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
what shouldve been announced was; 'please get off the pitch so the players can come back out'- why thats not easier i dont know..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here