Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pies run out already

Marky

Well...
Mar 3, 2006
WR1
Far be it from me to complain about the food at Falmer, as it's better than the MUCK IN A TRAY served up at Withdean.

I arrived at 2.05 and was told the only pies remaining were VEGETABLE. So I went for it. The pie itself was quite good (but I'm not turning veggie anytime soon) but it did mean that it would be until at least SIX o clock before I consumed any MEAT product yesterday. I'm THIS close to a strongly worded letter to Bloom.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
my gripe is when you or the people in front of you ask the bar staff for something, at which point, they seem to walk to the other end of the bar, and disappear for 5 minutes. Mean while said person in front suddenly has about 6 or 7 buddies that show up from another long queue, and before you know it, they've sold out, not to mention the fact that people like to push in and pretend they didn't see you.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Got my steak pie at 1.45. Took it back at 1.47 as megaburnt piece of steak curling out the hole in the top resembled a turd. And what's with the big hole in the top anyway-saving on pastry? Sauage in a roll replacement was ok though.

I hope they told you to f*** off and stop being such a soppy c**t. "ooohhhh a burnt piece of steak" Just put it in the bin and eat the rest of the pie.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It wasn't great yesterday. I got there before 2.30, queued, asked for a chicken pie.
"which one, Balti or Ham?"
ham please
"we're out of chicken and ham"
ok, Balti then please
"we're out of those too"
:facepalm:

I was told I could pay for a chicken and ham and wait, which I did. I then heard the staff saying it was a 10 minute wait, and thought oh well, I'm not doing much else, so I waited.
10 minutes later, the last customer in the queue asks for a pie and is told (by the same member of staff) they're completely out of pies. I was expecting mine any second so asked 'aren't a fresh batch due to be ready any second?' and she said she didn't know, she'd check. So she asks, turns to me and gives me the thumbs up. So there's a completely new batch ready (it's about 14:55) but they've sent the other customers away empty handed.

What's the point in sending everyone away, and then having fresh pies ready just before kick-off?

PS - yes, I know my story is dull as hell, but hey

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I hope they told you to f*** off and stop being such a soppy c**t. "ooohhhh a burnt piece of steak" Just put it in the bin and eat the rest of the pie.
Obviously not, hence the sausage in the roll replacement. Let's be honest the pie service leaves a lot to be desired.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
It's getting worse not better in my experience. No water at the mobile fosters stall at 2.30 (they usually sell bottles of fosters or water... insert joke about not being able to taste the difference here) plus the mobile Harveys bar thing right in the middle of the concourse was out of beer. No vegetarian pies available at half time. Okay so that's only about £8 worth of missed revenue... but times that by a few thousand and it starts to make a difference.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Totally agree. My first and last one yesterday. The normal chicken and ham is far far better.

There seemed to be a good pie supply in the East stand.

Not at 2:45 ish there wasn't. Only vegie pies left. Didn't bother half time or afterwards so don't know about then.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Might as well have my moan.
Mrs KNC got a S&A in the WSU. When she opened the box, it looked like it had been in the oven since the Barnsley match. She got a replacement, but that turned out to be Balti, which she doesn't like.
So I had it. Result!!!

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Just reading that second line again, it wasn't a euphemism!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Must be a distribution thing around the stadium, plenty of pies available in the East Stand up until the bar closed at 6pm. The new hot dog stall, with suitable scale roll to sausage size also appeared to do a roaring trade throughout the match and after.

I can't quite make out everyone in the North Stand, but are you are bunch of overweight alcoholic pie eaters!? - consumption rates would suggest you are...:lolol:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Must be a distribution thing around the stadium, plenty of pies available in the East Stand up until the bar closed at 6pm. The new hot dog stall, with suitable scale roll to sausage size also appeared to do a roaring trade throughout the match and after.

I can't quite make out everyone in the North Stand, but are you are bunch of overweight alcoholic pie eaters!? - consumption rates would suggest you are...:lolol:

I bought two pies at 2pm (albeit they were microwaved so the pastry was soggy) - stocks of all things warm were limited at that time. They had no burgers and told the large man next to me who was complaining that 'they hadnt cooked many today'. No idea of time to be ready was given to him and he seemed a bit unhappy.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I was a bit surprised to arrive at just after 2pm to find there were no pies left in the North stand West Corner. It gave me the opportunity to try a burger but I didn't rate it really.
It's not a case of not being able to go two hours without food as some are saying. Some of us travel some distance to get to the games and prefer not to eat at motorway services or take along a pack lunch. Part of my day is to have a pie and pint after the journey and this will see me through until tea time.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Bloody hell, just seen this. At no point did I think that when drunkenly posting a half-joking post about the pies running out at 2pm on Saturday that it would still be anywhere near page one when I got into work on Monday.

I haven't bothered to read it because I cant imagine it is very interesting- what the hell has everyone found to talk about for 5 pages?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I haven't bothered to read it because I cant imagine it is very interesting- what the hell has everyone found to talk about for 5 pages?

some agreed with you. some disagreed with you. some violently abused those who didn't agree with them. others went off topic

Hope this helps

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here