Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pies run out already

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
some agreed with you. some disagreed with you. some violently abused those who didn't agree with them. others went off topic

Hope this helps

Thanks. Basically exactly the same responses as if the thread had been about the Albion left-back position, Englands chances in Euro 2012, or the pros and cons of apartheid then.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Right at the back of that queue that builds up waiting for the train to Falmer from Brighton, there's a lovely little pasty kiosk. I had two before getting to the ground on Saturday and went the whole game without any pie withdrawal symptoms. I shall be implementing this tactic for all future games from now on.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Right at the back of that queue that builds up waiting for the train to Falmer from Brighton, there's a lovely little pasty kiosk. I had two before getting to the ground on Saturday and went the whole game without any pie withdrawal symptoms. I shall be implementing this tactic for all future games from now on.

Ask them if they ever run out, and what tactics they employ to restock the shop if they do, could be valuble infotmation you could pass on at the end of your journey.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Thanks. Basically exactly the same responses as if the thread had been about the Albion left-back position, Englands chances in Euro 2012, or the pros and cons of apartheid then.

I dont know about that. I think TLO may hold stronger opinions on those who criticise the caterers than he does about apartheid.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
What is all this in abililty to buy a pie.

we had one about 2ish - washed it down with a pint - to the seat around 2-40 to enjoy the pre match, welcomed the team at 2-55 and thoroughly had a ball.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

That is indeed sensible tactics. Apart from, arguably, having two of the stinky beauties before setting off from Brighton station. But then again, seem to recall you admitting to wolfing down two large Domino's pizzas after the Palace game :lol:

Fur Cough

I will never moan about the catering again after Saturday. Mainly because I will never use it again.

Shocking.
Pie was cold and soggy and wrong.
Burger for my mate was literally burnt to hell, The f***ing roll must have been on fire before they put it in the box, it was literally charred and someone decided that it was good enough to be put in a box for sale.

Still love the whole Amex experience though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yep, another bad pie and pint experience at 14.40hrs I got the penultimate pie left (chicken and ham - not what I wanted), the only lager available was one that was standing on its own on top of the counter poured God knows when.

The Chicken Balti option is a myth, never seen any evidence of it's existence.

Queues longer than ever, people leaving for refreshments c. 40 minutes into the game, loads of gaps 4 or 5 minutes into second half so players come out to half-empty stadium. Extending capacity to 30,000 a pipe dream until they sort catering and travel.

I arrived late - got a chicken balti that was rubbish - overcooked and almost no filling - won't bother in future and will eat elsewhere.

What's so annoying is that despite so many sensible suggestions of how to improve the catering, neither the club or Azure seem bothered and/or care about making things better and more consistent in terms of service, product quality and availability - some fans have no problems but too many are taking too long to get badly served and often being told they haven't got this or that when simple improvements would make things better for most.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I will never moan about the catering again after Saturday. Mainly because I will never use it again.

Shocking.
Pie was cold and soggy and wrong.
Burger for my mate was literally burnt to hell, The f***ing roll must have been on fire before they put it in the box, it was literally charred and someone decided that it was good enough to be put in a box for sale.

Still love the whole Amex experience though.

Literally are you Jamie Redknapp?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I recall the announcer saying this was our first Saturday 3pm kick-off since August. Is this one of the reasons why the service was so appalling, i.e. they haven't got the experience to draw on?

Isn't all of this a bit odd considering the home attendance is consistently around the 19,000-20,000 mark, so consumption fairly predictable?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Yep, another bad pie and pint experience at 14.40hrs I got the penultimate pie left (chicken and ham - not what I wanted), the only lager available was one that was standing on its own on top of the counter poured God knows when.

The Chicken Balti option is a myth, never seen any evidence of it's existence.

Queues longer than ever, people leaving for refreshments c. 40 minutes into the game, loads of gaps 4 or 5 minutes into second half so players come out to half-empty stadium. Extending capacity to 30,000 a pipe dream until they sort catering and travel.

I'd be surpised if the planning application was turned down on the basis of how long you give yourself to get a pie and a pint!

And of course if you are only giving yourself 20 minues before kick off to enjoy such an experience, it can only be be a bit "Wham, Bang, Thank you mam"

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I recall the announcer saying this was our first Saturday 3pm kick-off since August. Is this one of the reasons why the service was so appalling, i.e. they haven't got the experience to draw on?

Isn't all of this a bit odd considering the home attendance is consistently around the 19,000-20,000 mark, so consumption fairly predictable?

I doubt it has become at all predictable yet. We only had 3 Saturday 3pm ko's prior to Saturday's game, so who knows whether people's habits have been changing wildly from midweek to late KO's to Saturdays. There have been games where they've chucked 100's of pies away, and others like the Hull tea time game when they completely got it wrong.

The attendance my be consistent, but I doubt people's drinking and eating habits are.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Seems unlikely though. Going by the threads on here every week, demand is outstripping capacity at every match.

More pies = more money for the club.

I don't wanna have a moan, because I do love our new home, and the club don't actually OWE us any food. BUT on occasion a 3pm Saturday kick off means I have to get out of bed at 12:30pm after only getting to bed at 8am after a night shift AND in my anticipation to get ready and down to Falmer, I don't always have time to cook myself up a breakfast/lunch and given that the pies at the ground are DELICIOUS and buying one puts money in my beloved club's coffers, I don't think I should feel too bad about wanting to get some pre-match munch.

All these people acting as if it's total MADNESS to want to eat food at the football seem a little deluded to me. Just because your regular as clockwork routine doesn't allow for snacking between your regimented meal times, doesn't mean the rest of us are quite so rigid.

thats strange,only a couple of days ago you were moaning about how you dont work and council tax ,now you do regular night shifts and moaning about pies........what an odd fellow you are!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here