Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pies run out already

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There COULD be a MELEE if everyone DECIDES they want a PASTY instead of WAITING for a pie

Indeed. Club may need to post extra stewards in vicinity of stinky but tasty pasty outlet. We want no pasty-related MELEES at the station.

Last edited:

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
WSL got steak pie @1450 straight into the seat to eat & enjoy :) No problems here! Even noticed that as I left at 1735 there were still pies and burgers left on the chutes.

No complaints here keep up the good work:)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Well said that man! The main event is football and we won!!

Maybe for you, but certainly not for everybody, I should imagine.

When I was a kid, all I wanted to do every other Saturday was go to the Goldstone, so my Dad took me, rain or shine, even though he had no interest in the Albion. He never went to watch Brighton before I expressed an interest, and he never went again after I was old enough to go by myself (except for that last game against Doncaster, when I took him as a surprise "thank you" for all the afternoons he endured on the East Terrace, when to be fair he'd rather have been playing golf, washing the car or lagging the loft).

We all know what our core support is. It's about 5'000. So it would be complacent to disregard the rest, unless of course you want to rattle around the AMEX with just 4'999 others.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I've never found the need to consume vast amounts of food at a football match but the kids used to enjoy a tray of chips and a hot chocolate at half time.

We tested out the catering at the Doncaster game and it was an experience I said I wouldn't repeat. The queues were hideous and the food average and overpriced.

However, I like the sound of a Chicken Balti pie so I thought I would give it a go again on Saturday. We arrived in the queue at 2.30 in the East Stand and reached the front of the queue at 2.55. No Balti pies, infact no pies at all although eventually they rustled up a steak pie for me. It was overcooked and not great value for £3.50. The match was kicking off as we got to our seats.

I won't let the catering spoil my AMEX experience because I won't have food or drink again. I don't think it's wrong to complain about the catering. It's all part of the overall day out for many people and I would imagine an important source of income for the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here