Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Piers Morgan v Matt Hancock

GypsyKing

Feb 4, 2013
It's the tories that have stripped the NHS down to its bare bones, it's the tories that are fanatical about the NHS being ultra efficient. There's a problem with that sort of efficiency, it doesn't allow for any unusual event, it does not have any spare capacity. No scope to respond when this sort of thing that happens. 10 years of a Tory government now headed by Johnson so yes it is his responsibility.

Just out of curiosity how much of your income would you be willing to pay additionally for an inefficient nhs, just in case?

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Oops!!! Yes, inefficient not ineffective!!!!

That said, it is unfair to describe the NHS as inefficient.

One argument people come up with is that there are too many managers but that isn't true.

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/projects/health-and-social-care-bill/mythbusters/nhs-managers

Could the nhs be more efficient, possibly but you should be identifying the areas where they can do that and where it is in their control! Fact is any organisation could be more efficient.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It's the tories that have stripped the NHS down to its bare bones, it's the tories that are fanatical about the NHS being ultra efficient. There's a problem with that sort of efficiency, it doesn't allow for any unusual event, it does not have any spare capacity. No scope to respond when this sort of thing that happens. 10 years of a Tory government now headed by Johnson so yes it is his responsibility.

Many countries across the world with differing governing parties both left and right, differing rates of health spending, differing healthcare systems have experienced severe problems coping with this crisis. Obviously, all governments are responsible for how they respond and how prepared they were and numerous lessons will need to be learned after a thorough enquiry (avoiding political point-scoring where possible) when all the facts are known. I doubt having (and funding) spare capacity on a day to day basis to deal with events on this scale is practicable.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I haven't read the entire thread but I don't see that the Government is totally to blame over lack of PPE here. If the NHS has over 1 million employees then you would have thought that at least one would be responsible for predicting future clinical needs? i.e 'there is a global pandemic heading this way, is there anything we should do?' . I would suggest there has been a massive fail in the NHS procurement department. Is that the fault of Boris?

Good grief. What were they supposed to buy the necessary capacity with? Magic beans?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
'This crap government'. Hardly had a chance has it? Like many european governments it has struggled in the crisis. I didn't vote for Labour (hardly anyone did) but if they were in power, I would do my utmost to support them as I am sure they would try to do their best for the country as the Tories are now.

10,269,501, apparently. 13,966, 454 for the Conservatives.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

I have never understood criticism of NHS. Over last 4/5 years have known 15/20 min family and contacts who have used NHS some serious. All without exception have praised service received. I have a relative who is a doctor and a friend who is a nurse again neither complain about lacking anything to do job.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I have never understood criticism of NHS. Over last 4/5 years have known 15/20 min family and contacts who have used NHS some serious. All without exception have praised service received. I have a relative who is a doctor and a friend who is a nurse again neither complain about lacking anything to do job.

Isn't the issue one of waiting times, whether the hours in A&E or the months for hospital outpatients appointments? When I was with a company that offered private medical insurance, I was seen by the same people and got the same (excellent) treatment but within days rather than weeks or months.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Fair point, but how often does 'this sort of thing' happen ? If you plan/spend for any eventuality you'll waste a colossal amount of money. Simple risk management..............

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Fair point, but how often does 'this sort of thing' happen ? If you plan/spend for any eventuality you'll waste a colossal amount of money. Simple risk management..............

the lack of PPE just simple logistics tho', which appears to be beyond bungle and his gang

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It's a sad day when you're relying on a 99 year old war veteran to walk around his garden whilst billionaires sit in their mansions doing **** all. The country is f***ed and its f****d because of the hypocrites that fill it

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
It's a sad day when you're relying on a 99 year old war veteran to walk around his garden whilst billionaires sit in their mansions doing **** all. The country is f***ed and its f****d because of the hypocrites that fill it

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

And what are you doing? It is so easy to moan at anything in life.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
10,269,501, apparently. 13,966, 454 for the Conservatives.

And 17.4 million voted to leave the busted flush of the EU, that’s an awful lot of fatalities..
df81ec63e5c17cb5d7dbb81870801b88.jpg

Disgusting human.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Morgan is the lowest form of human filth, He cost the lives of British service personnel, I will never forgive him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't disagree with that comment but the inept handling of the COVID 19 by the current government will cost many , many times the number of lives that Piers Morgan did. This government has got things seriously wrong and that is what Piers Morgan is saying and they need to resolve issues now or do you think they are doing a good job?.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hundreds of people are dying but still posters are sniping at each other here.

It is not wrong to question the handling of the crisis. It is wrong to keep sniping at each other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here