Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Piers Morgan v Matt Hancock

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
And 17.4 million voted to leave the busted flush of the EU, that’s an awful lot of fatalities..
df81ec63e5c17cb5d7dbb81870801b88.jpg

Disgusting human.

Aside from the black humour of the issue you are forgetting the majority was only 1,269,501. We have 3 years of normal death rates plus young reaching voting age! Who knows effect that would have!!!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Aside from the black humour of the issue you are forgetting the majority was only 1,269,501. We have 3 years of normal death rates plus young reaching voting age! Who knows effect that would have!!!

Most studies worked out we actually reached the natural crossover based on demographics (assuming nobody from 2016 changed their minds) in February 2019, so that's long been and gone.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Fair point, but how often does 'this sort of thing' happen ? If you plan/spend for any eventuality you'll waste a colossal amount of money. Simple risk management..............

Of course, any system would have been pushed beyond it's limits by this crisis but it's not binary is it - The NHS is run so close to the edge (is it a 'Just in time' NHS?) that it will be so severely disrupted in times of crisis. We should fix the roof when the sun is shining, that's what they said 10 years ago right?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I don't disagree with that comment but the inept handling of the COVID 19 by the current government will cost many , many times the number of lives that Piers Morgan did. This government has got things seriously wrong and that is what Piers Morgan is saying and they need to resolve issues now or do you think they are doing a good job?.

I really have no idea if our government are doing a good job, only time will tell, unlike yourself I am not an expert in virology or for that matter worldwide pandemics.
I sincerely hope that our government are doing their best to fight this dreadful virus.
Ultimately China has lied and people have died.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Black humour?...
More like a disgusting human trying to obtain cheap laughs.
Vermin.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Hundreds of people are dying but still posters are sniping at each other here.

It is not wrong to question the handling of the crisis. It is wrong to keep sniping at each other.
Because people still have their heads in the effing sand!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I really have no idea if our government are doing a good job, only time will tell, unlike yourself I am not an expert in virology or for that matter worldwide pandemics.
I sincerely hope that our government are doing their best to fight this dreadful virus.

Itll take years for the facts to come out, people dont care now so I doubt they will then

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Itll take years for the facts to come out, people dont care now so I doubt they will then

I care, I want our government to be doing the best for our country, mistakes will be made, lives have been lost, every life taken by this ******* virus is an individual tragedy, I sincerely hope our government is doing the best it can for us and at this moment in time I believe it is, this may change.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The fault lies entirely with the Chinese Government and their lies about the scale of the problem. 80k infections and 3k deaths in a population of 1.6bn - what a load of bollocks. The true scale was only realised when the virus hit Italy.

That implies they could have prevented anyone catching the virus and dying if they had told the truth about the numbers involved there.

But....they were in lock down when we were still pissing about. I had a skype with a colleague in China who had been unable to leave her flat for weeks, at a time when we were still commuting to London and sardining it on the tube.

Maybe, for your actual trigger event, we can blame China (for their wet markets and traditional habit of eating anything that can wriggle that set the stage for the virus to jump from animals to humans), but their lying about numbers is irrelevant.

This is getting a bit like the arguments about the cause of WWI. I mean, who really gave a tiny shit about Archduke Franz Ferdinand, then or now? ???

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
That implies they could have prevented anyone catching the virus and dying if they had told the truth about the numbers involved there.

But....they were in lock down when we were still pissing about. I had a skype with a colleague in China who had been unable to leave her flat for weeks, at a time when we were still commuting to London and sardining it on the tube.

Maybe, for your actual trigger event, we can blame China (for their wet markets and traditional habit of eating anything that can wriggle that set the stage for the virus to jump from animals to humans), but their lying about numbers is irrelevant.

This is getting a bit like the arguments about the cause of WWI. I mean, who really gave a tiny shit about Archduke Franz Ferdinand, then or now? ???

Can’t argue with any of that. However, we have friends with family in China who say that the death toll is closer to 120k than 3k. Who do you believe?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I think that anyone with half a brain could see this virus was a serious problem when the Chinese built a 1,000 bed hospital in 8 days from the 24th January. You don't build a hospital in 8 days just because you can. Besides, world wide, different countries like to think they have the situation under control and that their health system is superior in some way or other, all have had some harsh reality checks except perhaps Germany. Trump has been in denial and been caught out, now it seems Russia is finding out the hard way too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can’t argue with any of that. However, we have friends with family in China who say that the death toll is closer to 120k than 3k. Who do you believe?

Wow. I hadn't heard that.

If that's what they are saying, fair enough....but do you happen to know how they come to this conclusion? It sounds to me like something I'd accept readily, except that someone somewhere must have footage or photos of the mountains of dead, mass burial sites etc., and I haven't heard a peep about this. I know that the Chinese traditionally haven't emoted noticeably about a few million of their people dead (march of Mao, cultural revoultion etc), but it only takes one photo to show the truth....

My mate's daughter (who I've known for 30 years) lives in China and as far as she is concerned COVA ended weeks ago.

Looking forward to getting to the bottom of this. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think that anyone with half a brain could see this virus was a serious problem when the Chinese built a 1,000 bed hospital in 8 days from the 24th January. You don't build a hospital in 8 days just because you can. Besides, world wide, different countries like to think they have the situation under control and that their health system is superior in some way or other, all have had some harsh reality checks except perhaps Germany. Trump has been in denial and been caught out, now it seems Russia is finding out the hard way too.

OK, so I infer you are with me, and are not scapegoating China for causing the pandemic by lying, then?

Yes, that pop up hospital was a thing indeed.

I am trying to recall what I was thinking back then. My abiding recollection is I was not worried. I thought it would be a five minute wonder.

Yet, if I had been thrust into lockdown back then, I'd have complied. Nevertheless, I would have anticipated mass hysteria in the UK - forget hoarding bog roll, there would have been looting.

It would then have been much harder to set up the calmness and social distancing we are now following to a reasonable extent (with regional variations based on local recidivism, chavvery and dick-headedness). All of this is why I can't work up much enthusiasm for beating up Boris the liar again. Later (in 6 months) I'll think about it all again, if I'm still alive.

:wave:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Wow. I hadn't heard that.

If that's what they are saying, fair enough....but do you happen to know how they come to this conclusion? It sounds to me like something I'd accept readily, except that someone somewhere must have footage or photos of the mountains of dead, mass burial sites etc., and I haven't heard a peep about this. I know that the Chinese traditionally haven't emoted noticeably about a few million of their people dead (march of Mao, cultural revoultion etc), but it only takes one photo to show the truth....

My mate's daughter (who I've known for 30 years) lives in China and as far as she is concerned COVA ended weeks ago.

Looking forward to getting to the bottom of this. [emoji106]
The closest we get to this footage is reports of the number of urns at crematoriums in Wuhan.

Google something like "ashes urns wuhan".

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

I don't need to be an expert in virology you just have to look at the picture that has been unfolding? Surely the benchmark to look at is Germany not China , oh there in Europe.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
OK, so I infer you are with me, and are not scapegoating China for causing the pandemic by lying, then?

Yes, that pop up hospital was a thing indeed.

I am trying to recall what I was thinking back then. My abiding recollection is I was not worried. I thought it would be a five minute wonder.

Yet, if I had been thrust into lockdown back then, I'd have complied. Nevertheless, I would have anticipated mass hysteria in the UK - forget hoarding bog roll, there would have been looting.

It would then have been much harder to set up the calmness and social distancing we are now following to a reasonable extent (with regional variations based on local recidivism, chavvery and dick-headedness). All of this is why I can't work up much enthusiasm for beating up Boris the liar again. Later (in 6 months) I'll think about it all again, if I'm still alive.

:wave:
Yep, agree with you. I think the Chinese realised quite early on the severity and took draconian measures to lock down and at the same time increase their health support capability....if they had said nothing and just dug mass graves then... By all means scapegoat.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

You don’t know if our government is doing a good job? Really? The PM missing FIVE cobra meetings in February, calls to order PPE were ignored, scientific and medical warnings fell on deaf ears, and you don’t know if the government have done a good job or not? Jesus wept :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here