Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Piers Morgan v Matt Hancock

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Can anyone explain why so few cases in Poland. Can understand Germany. I know several Polish here who say apart from lockdown say very little testing and medical service no where near quality of UK Can lack of virus in these 2 countries be anything to do with position

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Can anyone explain why so few cases in Poland. Can understand Germany. I know several Polish here who say apart from lockdown say very little testing and medical service no where near quality of UK Can lack of virus in these 2 countries be anything to do with position

You need a way of the Virus seeding in the Country. It seems that Coronavirus got a foothold in the Alps at many exclusive holiday locations, the international jet-set spread this thing far and wide and there must have been many thousands of Brits bringing it home after a lovely Skiing holiday. Throw in 4,000 Madrid fans desperate for live football after Spain banned large gatherings and you have yourself a recipe for a high infection rate (or herd immunity).

The Polish have their own mountains, not many would travel to the Alps? What groups of people would have seeded it in their Country?

Last edited:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
You don’t know if our government is doing a good job? Really? The PM missing FIVE cobra meetings in February, calls to order PPE were ignored, scientific and medical warnings fell on deaf ears, and you don’t know if the government have done a good job or not? Jesus wept :facepalm:

As I stated, I am not a epidemiologist like yourself, time will ultimately tell, it is not a competition as some if the MSM are trying whip up into a frenzy.
Ultimately the blame is solely at the doorstep of China.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
As I stated, I am not a epidemiologist like yourself, time will ultimately tell, it is not a competition as some if the MSM are trying whip up into a frenzy.

So, as you claim to not have any real knowledge of things from any perspective - how can you be sure it's solely China's fault? Also are there not different levels of blame - if China are to blame then are they to blame as well for our reaction to dealing with the virus? Do the government get a free pass somehow?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I don't need to be an expert in virology you just have to look at the picture that has been unfolding? Surely the benchmark to look at is Germany not China , oh there in Europe.

I don’t know, it’s not a competition, Germany may well be the benchmark, or Poland, they seem to be doing
reasonably well, time will tell, I have every faith in the scientific advice being offered to our Government, time will tell, perhaps you could offer your expert advice, I’m sure the government would welcome any scientific advice it can get.
For now though the blame is at the door of China, they lied, they tried to cover it up. Also WHO did not declare a global pandemic until March 11th, they have questions to answer, they are a puppet for the Chinese government.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
So, as you claim to not have any real knowledge of things from any perspective - how can you be sure it's solely China's fault? Also are there not different levels of blame - if China are to blame then are they to blame as well for our reaction to dealing with the virus? Do the government get a free pass somehow?

Time will tell if our Government is culpable for the number of fatalities we, as a nation suffer. This pandemic is nowhere near over, this will go on for many months, possibly years,
Every Government will be scrutinised on their response.
As for China, they lied, they tried to cover it up, they are responsible for this world wide pandemic.
This is my view, don’t know whether it’s right or not, just an opinion...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don’t know, it’s not a competition, Germany may well be the benchmark, or Poland, they seem to be doing
reasonably well, time will tell, I have every faith in the scientific advice being offered to our Government, time will tell, perhaps you could offer your expert advice, I’m sure the government would welcome any scientific advice it can get.
For now though the blame is at the door of China, they lied, they tried to cover it up. Also WHO did not declare a global pandemic until March 11th, they have questions to answer, they are a puppet for the Chinese government.

Unfortunately, it IS a competition - just with some very real and grotesque statistics. Germany has a bigger population (83m to our 65m) and yet currently have around less than a third, nearly a quarter of our death toll. They've achieved that through an earlier lockdown, not accepting flights from hotspots, and testing on a scale we can't even begin to compare with.

Our government has dilly-dallied, and ultimately failed us. Its looking like the UK will have the worst numbers in Europe. China was the instigator, but this government has been inept in tackling this unfolding crisis. The fact that we have circa 15k a day arriving in UK airports to pick crops, with no testing on arrival, is mindblowing. Under Johnson, we have sleepwalked into a national disaster that isn't even close to playing out yet.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Unfortunately, it IS a competition - just with some very real and grotesque statistics. Germany has a bigger population (83m to our 65m) and yet currently have around less than a third, nearly a quarter of our death toll. They've achieved that through an earlier lockdown, not accepting flights from hotspots, and testing on a scale we can't even begin to compare with.

Our government has dilly-dallied, and ultimately failed us. Its looking like the UK will have the worst numbers in Europe. China was the instigator, but this government has been inept in tackling this unfolding crisis. The fact that we have circa 15k a day arriving in UK airports to pick crops, with no testing on arrival, is mindblowing. Under Johnson, we have sleepwalked into a national disaster that isn't even close to playing out yet.

It’s not a competition, every single death is an individual tragedy.
Not a competition.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

I'm interested to know where the "15K a day arriving in UK Airports to pick crops" figure comes from...?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It’s not a competition, every single death is an individual tragedy.
Not a competition.

That goes without saying. But statistics can be studied, and direct comparisons made between nations and how they've handled this catastrophe so far. And at the moment, I'd say the UK is in the relegation zone. Despite ALL those assurances back in January that we were one of the "best prepared" countries for a pandemic, its been proven to be bollocks. In terms of testing, in terms of PPE supplies, in terms of strategy, we've been behind the curve every step of the way. And now 14,000+ is the terrible price we as a nation are paying.

Eventually there will be a public enquiry after this, and heads will roll.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm interested to know where the "15K a day arriving in UK Airports to pick crops" figure comes from...?

GMTV the other day, Hancock was getting a grilling from *gags* Piers Morgan. He didn't refute it.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Do you need to be a epidemiologist to hold your government to account and to point out it’s complacency? ???

You seem very keen to give our government a free pass, yet I fail to see how it’s China’s fault that Johnson didn’t turn up to five Cobra meetings :shrug:. Then again, I’m not an epidemiologist so apparently I can’t pass comment on that (yet you seem to be able to place the blame entirely at the door step of China... I’m sensing some hypocrisy here...)

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
That goes without saying. But statistics can be studied, and direct comparisons made between nations and how they've handled this catastrophe so far. And at the moment, I'd say the UK is in the relegation zone. Despite ALL those assurances back in January that we were one of the "best prepared" countries for a pandemic, its been proven to be bollocks. In terms of testing, in terms of PPE supplies, in terms of strategy, we've been behind the curve every step of the way. And now 14,000+ is the terrible price we as a nation are paying.

Now I’m risking it for a biscuit here, I know you’re NSC Royalty, with such incredible Bantz,I really don’t think this is a competition, ‘relegation zone’ really? Really? People are fighting for their lives and it’s a relegation battle...very disappointed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

There was pandemic drill in 2016, apparently it stated we were found lacking in beds, PPE and resources such as ventilators. It’s nice to see the government responded well to that assessment...

And re an enquiry, I can see it either dragging on so the public forget or it’ll be a botch job ala Grenfell and they’ll try and place the blame on the NHS.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The closest we get to this footage is reports of the number of urns at crematoriums in Wuhan.

Google something like "ashes urns wuhan".

I have done now.

No credible site has covered this. In the UK, only The Sun carries this 'recently' (back in March). Nah, it's bollocks. Sorry (well, not sorry actually).

All the best. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There was pandemic drill in 2016, apparently it stated we were found lacking in beds, PPE and resources such as ventilators. It’s nice to see the government responded well to that assessment...

And re an enquiry, I can see it either dragging on so the public forget or it’ll be a botch job ala Grenfell and they’ll try and place the blame on the NHS.

Indeed.

But people want tax cuts, and they want Brexit. People gets what people wants. And, thus is it ever so.

Maybe next time we may have a different game in town, other than 'look at the SIZE of Boris' testicles, aren't they MARVELLOUS'. We shall see.

I'm optimistic.

All the best - I like your attitude. :thumbsup:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Do you need to be a epidemiologist to hold your government to account and to point out it’s complacency? ???

You seem very keen to give our government a free pass, yet I fail to see how it’s China’s fault that Johnson didn’t turn up to five Cobra meetings :shrug:. Then again, I’m not an epidemiologist so apparently I can’t pass comment on that (yet you seem to be able to place the blame entirely at the door step of China... I’m sensing some hypocrisy here...)

I’m certainly not giving Our Government a free pass, It will quite rightly be scrutinised and without doubt face a public enquiry when we come through the other side of this, of course you can pass comments, but none of us know if the UK government is doing the wrong or right thing, it is a worldwide pandemic, lives are going to tragically be lost. You seem more concerned with sniping at our government than holding the totalitarian regime in China to account,an oppressive state that run its own citizens over in tanks......

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
GMTV the other day, Hancock was getting a grilling from *gags* Piers Morgan. He didn't refute it.

Ok..thank you for that info.

It does seem too high to me. I have tried to research it more but the best I can find so far is one company paying to fly-in 450 crop pickers from Europe.

I am surprised that these 15000 crop pickers a day, coming in and not being health checked though.If true, that is truly scandalous.

I'll keep looking.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I’m certainly not giving Our Government a free pass, It will quite rightly be scrutinised and without doubt face a public enquiry when we come through the other side of this, of course you can pass comments, but none of us know if the UK government is doing the wrong or right thing, it is a worldwide pandemic, lives are going to tragically be lost. You seem more concerned with sniping at our government than holding the totalitarian regime in China to account,an oppressive state that run its own citizens over in tanks......

I’m more concerned about holding our government to account than playing ‘whatabouttery’ in regards to China.

How you can claim we don’t know if the government aren’t doing, or haven’t done, the right thing? It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that the aforementioned lack of attendance at Cobra meetings by the PM, the lack of forward planning re ordering PPE, the ignoring of scientific advice, the slow ambiguous advice, the slow response and introduction of social distancing measures and lock down, has more than likely cost lives.

If you compare our response to that if other countries, we have fallen woefully short. Then again, when our own PM suggested we should allow the virus to “move through the population” and “take it on the chin” in order to protect the economy, what do you expect.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Now I’m risking it for a biscuit here, I know you’re NSC Royalty, with such incredible Bantz,I really don’t think this is a competition, ‘relegation zone’ really? Really? People are fighting for their lives and it’s a relegation battle...very disappointed.

You're not risking anything other than an opinion, as am I. "NSC royalty" though,do me a lemon. I've just hung around posting bollocks on here for years, as have many others.

And I'm not belittling the scale of the tragedy that is unfolding, far from it. But where there are statistics, as in sport, there are direct comparisons as to skill and competence. Who is doing better, and who is doing worse. And currently, given the numbers, the UK is hardly blasting a trail in this - and thats despite having an open healthcare system that is flat-out working its bollocks off to do an incredible job.

Details are now emerging of inertia, incompetence and complacency at the highest level of government at the most crucial time - the earliest time - when we had an opportunity to plot a different course. Instead, with Corona cases in this country in January, we waited till mid-March to actually start to do something about it. And even since then, flights arrive and land with untested passengers simply sent forth into our populace.

And boy, are we paying for it now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here