Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Piers Morgan v Matt Hancock

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Utterly extraordinary thread. 1000’s of people dying from this horrendous virus on a daily basis but the most important thing is to have a spat about Torries or Labour.
What is extraordinary is that you have concluded that anyone contributing to this thread seems to consider "a spat about Torries [sic] or Labour" is more important than '000s of deaths. I mean seriously, what the f**k are you talking about? This thread is primarily about Piers Morgan of all people holding the government to account more effectively than people whose actual jobs are to do that. Obviously people have their say on the government and opposition in discussing that, but what you've posted is pure drivel.

Some on here have no grip on reality.
Yes. You, seemingly. :rolleyes:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Utterly extraordinary thread. 1000’s of people dying from this horrendous virus on a daily basis but the most important thing is to have a spat about Torries or Labour.

Some on here have no grip on reality.

odd post

all we can do to prevent more deaths is to stay in :shrug:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
'This crap government'. Hardly had a chance has it? Like many european governments it has struggled in the crisis. I didn't vote for Labour (hardly anyone did) but if they were in power, I would do my utmost to support them as I am sure they would try to do their best for the country as the Tories are now.
Jesus Christ.

This country really is screwed.

Unbelievable

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
odd post

all we can do to prevent more deaths is to stay in :shrug:

Yes - I think that is pretty much all I can do. Unlike so many, I am not an expert virologist, epidemiologist, social scientist, HMRC or DWP systems expert, economic or administrative genius.

All I can really do is support my wife who works as a Matron in an NHS hospital; work from home - which I do anyway; and stay in as much as possible so I don't risk either catching it or spreading it if I happen to already have it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
However shit they were?
I believe they are working to the best of their ability. They are our government and for now, for better, for worse, we are stuck with them. I haven't agreed with all their decisions, in fact quite the opposite, but I am realistic enough to know that they are in over their heads, just as the leaders of almost every other country are.

After this storm is over, then the time will come for analysis. What did we do well, what was not so good. I suspect that an awful lot was done very well, but I also think that there will be soul searching as well as people may have needlessly died.

I think any government should be held to account, however in this case, I strongly dislike the shrill voices, here and in the media which simply seek to score cheap political points. Like the chap from the i at the press conference who tried to make out that the WHO had said we were doing as badly as Russia and Belarus. I read the mirrors article on that statement from the WHO and it was nothing like the i bloke had suggested.

Voltaire said that he regarded all men as his brothers. I like that philosophy and it is one that I try to adhere to. It can be applied in this situation as well.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Johnson is only popular because he got the virus and he has been away from the lecturn.
The clueless clowns that have been wheeled out have been puppets rather than leaders.
The ministers that have faced Morgan this week have been tied up in knots.
Hopefully Johnson will be back soon to face the music and answer why they have got it so wrong and made decisions far too late and only when it has been pointed out to them.
Miss Hancocks targets on testing and PPE and it will get interesting, I expect Johnson to scarper back into the fridge.
Johnsons get out of jail card is the thickos watching Trump perform and thinking it could be so much worse.
Politics mattered up until the outbreak because of austerity, we then needed leaders making the right decisions at the right time with the notice we had from abroad and we muffed it.

Incorrect. Johnson and the governments approval ratings were higher than at the start of all this before he was diagnosed and hospitalised (highest approval rating since 2003)

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politic...-time-nearly-decade-britain-approves-its-gove

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Seems like if Labour were in power many on here think virus would have gone weeks ago and if Piers Morgan was in charge would never have reached UK

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
F81DFD48-D726-4261-8443-4E9C17031A60.jpeg

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Incorrect. Johnson and the governments approval ratings were higher than at the start of all this before he was diagnosed and hospitalised (highest approval rating since 2003)

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politic...-time-nearly-decade-britain-approves-its-gove

Well let's wait to see what happens over the next couple of weeks if the targets are missed and bungling Boris is grilled by the media if it all goes tits up.
But I hope it doesn't, for me it's not now political as I said, it's a case of not getting it right and making the wrong decisions.
I wouldn't put it past the Brits to let him off though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Seems like if Labour were in power many on here think virus would have gone weeks ago and if Piers Morgan was in charge would never have reached UK
Again, this is absolute nonsense.

In fact, what is the point of posting this sort of complete crap?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
ah yes, so I suppose they should have had 10 years foresight that a pandemic was coming, what it was like and when it would happen.

I guess that they should have been stockpiling face masks, gloves and sanitisers, just to be ready like.

Operation Cygnus was exactly that. Warnings were given, and ignored.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yougov polls are highly suspect.

This. They are hired by companies, individuals or other organisations to produce a specific result, not a true one. Over here a few years back they reported "more than half of the Swedens want begging to be illegal". Everyone was pretty baffled. Then it turned out that our nationalist, neo-fascist party had ordered the poll and I've not seen a YouGov poll here since.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I believe they are working to the best of their ability. They are our government and for now, for better, for worse, we are stuck with them. I haven't agreed with all their decisions, in fact quite the opposite, but I am realistic enough to know that they are in over their heads, just as the leaders of almost every other country are.

After this storm is over, then the time will come for analysis. What did we do well, what was not so good. I suspect that an awful lot was done very well, but I also think that there will be soul searching as well as people may have needlessly died.

I think any government should be held to account, however in this case, I strongly dislike the shrill voices, here and in the media which simply seek to score cheap political points. Like the chap from the i at the press conference who tried to make out that the WHO had said we were doing as badly as Russia and Belarus. I read the mirrors article on that statement from the WHO and it was nothing like the i bloke had suggested.

Voltaire said that he regarded all men as his brothers. I like that philosophy and it is one that I try to adhere to. It can be applied in this situation as well.

I would suggest that I would be asking my brother wtf he was doing, if he was in Government. I do understand the view that sniping from the sidelines at those trying to get things done is not helping and possibly harming, but the more the questions are difficult to answer, the more they need to be asked. After this is done, a thoroughly dishonest account of what and why is likely to be told if no detail is sought now.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yougov polls are highly suspect.

This. They are hired by companies, individuals or other organisations to produce a specific result, not a true one. Over here a few years back they reported "more than half of the Swedens want begging to be illegal". Everyone was pretty baffled. Then it turned out that our nationalist, neo-fascist party had ordered the poll and I've not seen a YouGov poll here since.

Fair enough. Try Ipsos MORI instead then - or produce some contrary evidence.

https://www.ipsos.com/ipsos-mori/en-uk/boris-bounce-brits-rally-round-him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here