Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phobias

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
A good snowy morning to you all.

For reasons I understand, but don't wish to divulge, I'm literally terrified to answer telephones. It might sound a bit odd, but it's a genuine phobia I've had for 30 years. Anyway, it just got me thinking....What irrational ( or rational if you know why I guess ) fears do you have?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I don't really have any (that I've found yet anyway), but I know people who are freaked out by polystyrene, nails scraping on sofas and crisp crumbs!

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
Butterflies and moths which my mates think is great, especially when we going through butterfly houses at the zoo.
also canoe's I used to love conoeing as a kid and got all my bcu badges as a scout, but on a family day out my sister tightened my spraydeck up so tight i couldn't undo it when i capsized. Was under for about two minutes ended up ripping the fabric and cockpit of the canoe apart. cant get in a canoe now although have recently been trying and have managed to at least sit in one

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I watched a video the other day in AS Psychology about a woman who had an extreme phobia of feathers. Even a small feather would freak her out. She decided to confront her fear and after two hours of sitting with s professional she was able to hold a big feather right up at her face with relative ease. She had never been able to do that for 30 because she was always so petrified. It just goes to show that phobias can be dealt with with a little bit of courage.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Here's me thinking that my phobia of telephones is odd, but I've just remembered an ex-girlfriend of mine who was petrified of pylons. Now that is strange!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Rats and mice.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
the usual....spiders, i was ok wen was very young, i remember the moment i became scared, i was asleep, and i woke up, but i had my eyes closed, and felt something on my face, i was only 8, anyway i shot up, f***ing petrified, and saw at the time, a massvie spider running across the bedroom floor

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Not a fan of telephones either. I think it's the mystery of who will be on the other end. Completely irrational I know.

Also have an aversion to haircuts. Not so much the process itself, used to shave my own head on a regular basis. It's the whole going to barber's thing that I like to avoid, much to the consternation of my girlfriend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here