Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Phantom Sh*tter

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
With a couple of exceptions, every Palace fan commenting on this thread has behaved as grubbily as their football club. They had the opportunity to distance themselves from the inexcusable and indefensible actions of their club, but chose not to.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
With a couple of exceptions, every Palace fan commenting on this thread has behaved as grubbily as their football club. They had the opportunity to distance themselves from the inexcusable and indefensible actions of their club, but chose not to.

Oh do lighten up !
I've only posted on here in reply to the hysterical over reaction, do you honestly believe anyone would condone deliberately crapping on the floor ?
As I have said in an earlier post, I'm sure the hierarchy have sorted it out in private, and if not, they should do.
Going back to when the incident happened, if my memory serves me well, it was yourselves who started the stories about being a member of staff, and the coach driver's involvement wasn't mentioned till later.
Any, you must have more important things to worry about, like making your tin foil F A Cup :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh do lighten up !
I've only posted on here in reply to the hysterical over reaction, do you honestly believe anyone would condone deliberately crapping on the floor ?
As I have said in an earlier post, I'm sure the hierarchy have sorted it out in private, and if not, they should do.
Going back to when the incident happened, if my memory serves me well, it was yourselves who started the stories about being a member of staff, and the coach driver's involvement wasn't mentioned till later.
Any, you must have more important things to worry about, like making your tin foil F A Cup :thumbsup:

Some of us knew it was the coach driver within a week or two. It was posted on here too.

And as for the tin foil cup - shouldn't you be making one as well, or don't you actually go to games?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Oh do lighten up !

Your club has impugned the honour of my club, by wilfully withholding a truth that would have cleared my club’s name.

To me, and to every other Brighton fan, that is not a matter to be taken lightly.

I will lighten up when your club has the decency to apologise.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Oh do lighten up !

By not acknowledging its involvement and guilt publically, your shower of a football club is doing exactly that, you gormless, droning little vegetable.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Some of us knew it was the coach driver within a week or two. It was posted on here too.

And as for the tin foil cup - shouldn't you be making one as well, or don't you actually go to games?

Making tin foil cups ain't really my thing, I'll leave it to the experts !
As for going, had a season ticket for over 30 years, and never purchased a Groupon deal :thumbsup:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Your club has impugned the honour of my club, by wilfully withholding a truth that would have cleared my club’s name.

To me, and to every other Brighton fan, that is not a matter to be taken lightly.

Look ,as se20 has said it has probably been sorted out behind the scenes . The last thing tony would want was having his or his clubs honour being impugned ( I've never heard that one ) so I think it's all been resolved amicably . Let's all move on like grown adults and leave this sorry mess in the past .

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Oh do lighten up !

They why is an employee of your club talking about it publicly? If it had been sorted out privately, everyone at your club would have been told to keep quiet. So either your employees cannot follow instructions or, more likely, your club has said nothing to ours whatsoever. And they continue to say nothing.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Look ,as se20 has said it has probably been sorted out behind the scenes . The last thing tony would want was having his or his clubs honour being impugned ( I've never heard that one ) so I think it's all been resolved amicably . Let's all move on like grown adults and leave this sorry mess in the past .

Albion apologised in private and in public. The private apology was made out of common decency and courtesy, when it was thought that someone connected with the Albion had been grossly disrespectful towards Crystal Palace. The public apology was made so that the wider world could see that Albion were accepting responsibility.

Now that it is widely known, thanks to the loose tongue of your club captain, that someone connected with Palace left the excrement in the Palace changing-room, and that Palace have long known the truth of the matter, Palace should apologise to Albion.

If Palace have apologised to Albion privately then good. Palace should also apologise publically, as Albion had to, in order to be seen to be accepting responsibility for what happened.

Albion had to humble themselves by showing due contrition. Let's see if Palace are able to do likewise.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Amazing how quickly palace fans now what to live in yet they've not stopped harping on about their win for 2 yrs...

Can tell the ShIT has really stuck in their throats over this - glad the truth has come out. Still waiting for Mr curtains to issue the apology...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Let's all move on like grown adults and leave this sorry mess in the past .

Neither a you, nor your tatty club, are in any position whatsoever to judge when it might be time to "move on" on this subject.

I can certainly understand that you'd like to - you're accused of behaving abominably. But it doesn't work that way.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

I agree when your Club has had the decency to publicly aopologise for trying to influence the preparation of my team for a key match worth over £100m (per the "argus" by wilfulling misdirecting the team coach conveying the kit in order to delay the team's entry into the changing area.

For which your staff were properly castigated by your manager at the time Gustavo Poyet.

And since we seem to have a member of the Albion Truth and Reconciliation Board on here, perhaps the Albion management will now disclose the terms of Mr Poyet's cessation of management. It is generally believed that in order to forestall legal action by Mr Poyet for wrongful dismissal after he was sacked for "Gross Misconduct", some sort of recompense was made to him which so far has not been disclosed.

Right?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Albion apologised in private and in public. The private apology was made out of common decency and courtesy, when it was thought that someone connected with the Albion had been grossly disrespectful towards Crystal Palace. The public apology was made so that the wider world could see that Albion were accepting responsibility.

Now that it is widely known, thanks to the loose tongue of your club captain, that someone connected with Palace left the excrement in the Palace changing-room, and that Palace have long known the truth of the matter, Palace should apologise to Albion.

If Palace have apologised to Albion privately then good. Palace should also apologise publically, as Albion had to, in order to be seen to be accepting responsibility for what happened.

Albion had to humble themselves by showing due contrition. Let's see if Palace are able to do likewise.

They were, and Poyet made them apologise no doubt at the time. Now is the time for Albion to 'fess up that a deliberate attempt was made to delay the preparation of the Palace team for a key match. It's already been admitted on this thread by Albion supporters that this happened and that Poyet went ballistic about it.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

This

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
"And Smith Will Score..." zzzzzzz. Four years of glory thirty years ago, you haven't played Arsenal, let alone beaten them, in the League since.

That is actually true, although we did beat them in that cup final season in the league and the season before so our record against them is 2 wins in 8 games, which is rather a better record against them than the Palace. You have had 2 league wins in 28 games against them. Hardly a record to boast about as you appear to be somewhat their whipping boys.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Amazing how quickly palace fans now what to live in yet they've not stopped harping on about their win for 2 yrs...

Can tell the ShIT has really stuck in their throats over this - glad the truth has come out. Still waiting for Mr curtains to issue the apology...
Tbh the play off win 2 years ago will never be forgotten by both sets of fans , the poogate scandal will soon be forgotten about and rightly so .

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Tbh the play off win 2 years ago will never be forgotten by both sets of fans , the poogate scandal will soon be forgotten about and rightly so .
But 20 years on will the BBC do loads of features on the play-off game like they did when one Man Utd player drop-kicked a racist Palace fan?

That's how the world remembers your club.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
But 20 years on will the BBC do loads of features on the play-off game like they did when one Man Utd player drop-kicked a racist Palace fan?

That's how the world remembers your club.
Only people like you buzzer . We are well liked in the football world , one of the founder members of the premier league and now rightly back there . Cantona was, and is , a strange mentally unstable ex footballer and poor actor who's only claim to fame is a unparalleled attack on a football fan . The only disappointing thing about it is he dragged my club into it but hey it's in the past .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here