Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Phantom Sh*tter

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't know. All I know is that months ago, my source & several others said it was the coach driver.
Now the Palace captain has said it publicly.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I know, ive read the thread and looked at the video. I'm not denying it happened or didnt know about the rumours that have been floated about it.
There just seems so many facts that seem not to add up.
Do you think we sent our kit to Smelhurst the day before the 1st leg on a luxury coach?
Would an employee of an independant travel company unload the kit of a football club and lay it out in an away dressing room, or would he say its not my job mate?
Do you honestly think our stewards would send the coach past the West Stand entrances?, bloody hell sometimes they wont even let you walk that way.

It wasn't the day before

Yes coach drivers do regularly help take kit crates in

Yes it appears the coach was sent the wrong way at the stadium. It's a trick other clubs including spurs used to use and one that Gus was fuming about when used at spurs as it was at brighton for that game

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Clearly it doesn't bother me or many other people as much as you want or we'd rise to the bait. Christ knows you've wound enough people up with your puerile trolling but NO-ONE and I mean NO-ONE seems particularly bothered that you beat us a few years back. You keep going on about it and no-one's biting. What's winding people up is your personality. It really stinks. Silly little troll.
Buzzer don't waste your breath , the blokes a total cock

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Does the banning of that utter **** mean this thread will die a death now ? Or do we wait until the formal apology arrives ?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
It wasn't the day before

Yes coach drivers do regularly help take kit crates in

Yes it appears the coach was sent the wrong way at the stadium. It's a trick other clubs including spurs used to use and one that Gus was fuming about when used at spurs as it was at brighton for that game

So now we know, it was a trick performed by Albion staff to delay the team kit being delivered to the dressing-room. Presumably to force the Palace players to hang around waiting and therefore disturb their concentration.

So when the poor driver eventually had to visit for a number two he didn't make it and also had no time to clear up afterwards. The team walk in not knowing what has gone on, and obviously the thing goes viral on their mobiles or whatever, the press get hold of it and spread stories about messages etc.

Meanwhile Poyet finds out about the delaying tactics, goes mental (like he did at Spurs) makes the club apologise to Palace management and subsequently issues a steaming email to staff. All quite predictable.

I suspect that if Palace had not subsequently been promoted and faced a visit to the AMEX the following season there might have been an earlier "clarification". But when Ollie left it just didn't happen. Until now.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
For goodness sake you really are a tedious bore and getting extremely tiresome ,and as embarrassing as this whole sorry saga .You have nothing constructive to say because to be quite honest I dont think you are capable,you spout the same banal irksome drivel time and again a bit like a child who has no answers when they know they are in the wrong .May I make a suggestion ,go on your own site and bore the crap (scus the pun ) out of them with your monochrome weary soul destroying drudge,you never know you might like it ,its palace related you know.You are quite obviously extremely bored with nothing better to do ,so may I make another suggestion if I may ....get a life !!!! ,its been fun but you are now mind numbingly ,banal with your monotonous tedious unvaried posts spouting the same misology. So lets ignore this individual now !!!

yeah! down with monochrome (i got bored)

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
I think that the reason why this has been unresolved for so long is because no-one knows for sure what really happened, and those closest to the events have formed an idea of what most likely happened, and this is the story that has been doing the rounds.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
So now we know, it was a trick performed by Albion staff to delay the team kit being delivered to the dressing-room. Presumably to force the Palace players to hang around waiting and therefore disturb their concentration.

So when the poor driver eventually had to visit for a number two he didn't make it and also had no time to clear up afterwards. The team walk in not knowing what has gone on, and obviously the thing goes viral on their mobiles or whatever, the press get hold of it and spread stories about messages etc.

Meanwhile Poyet finds out about the delaying tactics, goes mental (like he did at Spurs) makes the club apologise to Palace management and subsequently issues a steaming email to staff. All quite predictable.

I suspect that if Palace had not subsequently been promoted and faced a visit to the AMEX the following season there might have been an earlier "clarification". But when Ollie left it just didn't happen. Until now.

Keep up numpty - the kit drop off / poogate and the team arrival directional thing were 4 or 5 hours apart

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
We know how the world at large views the two clubs…

When Albion were on the brink of extinction, people from all over the world attended a Fans United day at the Goldstone.

When Palace were on the point of oblivion, about twelve of their supporters went to a meeting in a caravan on some wasteland in Thornton Heath.

SDG

May 26, 2014
We know how the world at large views the two clubs…

When Albion were on the brink of extinction, people from all over the world attended a Fans United day at the Goldstone.

When Palace were on the point of oblivion, about twelve of their supporters went to a meeting in a caravan on some wasteland in Thornton Heath.
Wow, you really are quite jealous aren't you!

Can I offer you some more bitter to go with the taste in your mouth?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Wow, you really are quite jealous aren't you!

Can I offer you some more bitter to go with the taste in your mouth?

Nothing about the conduct of your club inspires jealousy.

chamakh_attack

Feb 14, 2014
I've just viewed that You Tube clip and whilst I am still of the opinion that Palace (my club) have acted disgracefully in not publically admitting that it had nothing to do with BHAFC it doesn't really add up.

Paddy says that the coach driver comes in 4-5 hours before the team arrive (why would he? kit man doesn't need a coach to deliver the kit with hi does he?) felt unwell and made a right old mess and failed to clear it up properly only making it worse. When the players arrive 4-5 hours later they discover the mess (but according to all reports at the time it was discovered at halftime not before the match). Along with the fact that the coach driver getting lost when bringing in the players - as has been said surely he would not forget the way in 4-5 hours? However I always assumed it was a member of Amex staff having a laugh and directing the coach a different way so that may clear that up a little.

As I say if it is true and Palace knew about it all along that is appalling. I'm just now questioning Paddy's story. Don't shoot me down but he wouldn't be the first Irishman teloling tall tales to get a laugh as a bit of the craic now would he.

Don't shoot me down please - just thought I would share those thoughts.

Good luck against Arsenal by the way - and I do actually mean that.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I've just viewed that You Tube clip and whilst I am still of the opinion that Palace (my club) have acted disgracefully in not publically admitting that it had nothing to do with BHAFC it doesn't really add up.

Paddy says that the coach driver comes in 4-5 hours before the team arrive (why would he? kit man doesn't need a coach to deliver the kit with hi does he?) felt unwell and made a right old mess and failed to clear it up properly only making it worse. When the players arrive 4-5 hours later they discover the mess (but according to all reports at the time it was discovered at halftime not before the match). Along with the fact that the coach driver getting lost when bringing in the players - as has been said surely he would not forget the way in 4-5 hours? However I always assumed it was a member of Amex staff having a laugh and directing the coach a different way so that may clear that up a little.

As I say if it is true and Palace knew about it all along that is appalling. I'm just now questioning Paddy's story. Don't shoot me down but he wouldn't be the first Irishman teloling tall tales to get a laugh as a bit of the craic now would he.

Don't shoot me down please - just thought I would share those thoughts.

Good luck against Arsenal by the way - and I do actually mean that.

:lolol:

Yes you would have thought the kit man would have loaded up a taxi or caught a bus.

It happened before the game, not at half time :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here