Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pardew has resigned?

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
I dont see how Brooking is a coward by staying at the club he has loved all his life.

If Mayo is one of our directors when we win the European Cup in 2034 will everyone say he is a coward??! ???

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Wilts said:
Cheers for the support to all of ya. Didn't realise so many were actually on our side. It really was just Pardew you all didn't like, wasn't it!?! :ohmy:

No, you are all just a bunch of northern tossers ;)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
My thoughts on the subject:

Trevor Brooking: You're a coward. A one-club man, that club are in crisis and you turn your back.

nonono...He wont take the job because he's a legend at WH, he knows that if he fails the fans will turn on him and he will just be "a good ex-player" much the same way Hoddle is going at Spurs.
Besides Brooking has been sitting in the BBC for the past decade or so and no doubt at his age wont want to start a highly pressured job of getting the Hammers promoted then keeping them up. I'm with him when he says no to it.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
CrabtreeBHA said:
nonono...He wont take the job because he's a legend at WH, he knows that if he fails the fans will turn on him and he will just be "a good ex-player" much the same way Hoddle is going at Spurs.
Besides Brooking has been sitting in the BBC for the past decade or so and no doubt at his age wont want to start a highly pressured job of getting the Hammers promoted then keeping them up. I'm with him when he says no to it.

To me, it seems your answer Crabtree is exactly that Brooking is a coward because he doesnt want to fail!! I agree with you in the sense that Brooking isnt a coward. I think if he was going to manage any club anywhere, he would have done it by now. He is more than happy to help is favourite club as and when they need him, but not full-time. Full marks to him and any ex pro who still players sunday football in his 50's is comendable

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Pardew = Twat

Pardew has made a bad move, going to west ham (a sinking ship) over reading who have high expectations for the club.

Shot himself in the foot comes to mind :shootself

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Cheeky Monkey said:
According to the Sporting Life website Pardew will be West Ham's 10th manager. :shootself

Yeah, bit of a rush on now. They'd only had five managers up to 1989. Amazing really.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I can't see how Madjeski can ' reject ' his resignation, whether he's under contract or not.

This could seriously undermine squad morale if it means that Pardew is ' allowed ' to hang around the training ground or backstage at the Madstad ( although I doubt he'd want to ). If Pardew walks out, and refuses to accept any further payment from Reading, then the contract ain't worth the paper it's written on.

You can't force someone to work their notice by insisting they stay away from their place of employment, it ain't like he's on sick leave or anything, and Reading would have to allow him back into his office. If they insisted he stayed away then surely they are the ones who are breaking employment law - it would be constructive dismissal.

I think Readings Chairman has to face the fact that he cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
34064 Fighter Command said:
I can't see how Madjeski can ' reject ' his resignation, whether he's under contract or not.

This could seriously undermine squad morale if it means that Pardew is ' allowed ' to hang around the training ground or backstage at the Madstad ( although I doubt he'd want to ). If Pardew walks out, and refuses to accept any further payment from Reading, then the contract ain't worth the paper it's written on.

You can't force someone to work their notice by insisting they stay away from their place of employment, it ain't like he's on sick leave or anything, and Reading would have to allow him back into his office. If they insisted he stayed away then surely they are the ones who are breaking employment law - it would be constructive dismissal.

I think Readings Chairman has to face the fact that he cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Basically if you remember the Palace/Steve Bruce saga, its the same as that. Except that instead of backing down due to financial pressures as Jordan did, Madejski will pay out as long as possible.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
More fool him if he does.

A total waste of money - and it won't impress anyone - certainly no prospective employees.

Spend the money of something worthwhile.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Gary Nelson said:
I dont see how Brooking is a coward by staying at the club he has loved all his life.

If Mayo is one of our directors when we win the European Cup in 2034 will everyone say he is a coward??! ???

What I mean is Brooking should feel he has no choice but to take over as manager. The club and it's fans want him to be manager, West Ham is all he knows but he's not interested. Why not?

He's probably worried that his untainted image will be tarnished if things go tits up. Well the way I see it he's already tarnished himself by turning his back now.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Exactly, it will just show the players and the next manager what a stubborn old fool the Chairman is prepared to be.

How would you feel as a player knowing that if your agent had said, say Liverpool, were interested in you, that the Chairman would be prepared to put you in the stiffs rather than listen to sensible offers ?

I think Madjeski has got to accept that having Pardew hanging around would be a disaster for team morale. Didn't Palace nearly get themselves relegated whilst the Bruce / Jordan saga was going on ?

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
maybe he just doesnt want to be a full time manager. Maybe he feels his family life would suffer. I would class him as a coward (if I had to) if he took over at another club.
Then you could say he didnt have the bottle for WHUFC

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Exactly, it will just show the players and the next manager what a stubborn old fool the Chairman is prepared to be.

How would you feel as a player knowing that if your agent had said, say Liverpool, were interested in you, that the Chairman would be prepared to put you in the stiffs rather than listen to sensible offers ?

I think Madjeski has got to accept that having Pardew hanging around would be a disaster for team morale. Didn't Palace nearly get themselves relegated whilst the Bruce / Jordan saga was going on ?

Pardew wouldn't be "hanging around" though, he'd be out of work for that period of time. If Madejski brings in the new man soon, them team morale will not suffer at all. Pardew won't even be there. All it will be is an extra few £k per month in expenses.

As long as we get a quality manager in very soon, and that stability can be restored, then we'll be fine. There is a moral line to be drawn here, which is that poaching a manager by luring him away from a promotion rival by offering him more money, is simply not cricket. Therefore I'll back anything Madejski does to return the lack of respect shown by West Ham in their insult to us.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I don't think Brooking is tarnishing his reputation by refusing to take on the manager's job full time.

He is just aware of his limitations and prepared to admit it.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Wilts said:
Pardew wouldn't be "hanging around" though, he'd be out of work for that period of time. If Madejski brings in the new man soon, them team morale will not suffer at all. Pardew won't even be there. All it will be is an extra few £k per month in expenses.

As long as we get a quality manager in very soon, and that stability can be restored, then we'll be fine. There is a moral line to be drawn here, which is that poaching a manager by luring him away from a promotion rival by offering him more money, is simply not cricket. Therefore I'll back anything Madejski does to return the lack of respect shown by West Ham in their insult to us.

Is the view good from up there... on your high horse ?

:p

If you change "Liverpool" and replace it with "Tottenham Hotspur" .................................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here