Pardew has resigned?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Alan Pardew has resigned as manager of Reading.
The 42-year-old said that he had decided to leave the Division One club because he had been denied the chance to speak to West Ham.

But Reading have replied by rejecting his resignation.

"I wish to announce my resignation from Reading Football Club with immediate effect," said Pardew.

"My main issue has always been the opportunity to speak to West Ham United Football Club which has been denied to me."

Pardew is top of West Ham's list as they search for a full-time replacement for Glenn Roeder, who was sacked in August.

Hammers legend Trevor Brooking is acting as caretaker manager at Upton Park, but he has indicated that he does not want to be considered for the full-time job.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
tinx said:
The Biggest worry is that Coppell could be a target for Reading.

My thoughts exactly :nono: and I really cant see him saying no:
Stadium with money for Players or
Probably a Stadium in a few years with no money for Players.

Suddenly this Pardew(tosser) off to West Ham debacle has got me worried for our own good now :(

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Why do people think that our players are leaving?!?

We have plenty of money and don't need to let any of them go. In fact we'll hopefully get a manager in and give him more money to strengthen the squad. Its just a minor blip.

Jonnyboy - the garden leave thing is that Pardew has gone against his contract to resign for a job that would have breached his contract. Therefore Madejski can demand that he waits out a notice period, by simply paying his wages for 6 months, making sure that Pards can't manage West Ham until then. Good scenario for us :clap2:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Aparently Reaidng have rejected his resignation. Looks like there could be a lot of legal wranglings going on with this.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Pardew will be on garden leave because Reading have rejected his resignation which they are entitled to do, i remember reading he had a clause allowing him to talk to Premiership clubs so they have done nothing wrong by rejecting Hammers approach.
Looks like Pardew is well on the way to alienating himself to another set of fans now :shootself

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Why would Madjeski do that Wilts, bit pathetic isn't it?

Nah, its business. He wants to break his contract to go to a promotion rival, the stakes to get the Premiership are so high that for the sake of about £30k worth of wages, it'd make business sense to be unethical and immoral to West Ham, who've been unethical and immoral in the first place.

Same as the Palace/Steve Bruce case, except Madejski won't give in due to the amount of money we have to screw Pardew over as much as possible.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Beeneys gloves said:
Pardew will be on garden leave because Reading have rejected his resignation which they are entitled to do, i remember reading he had a clause allowing him to talk to Premiership clubs so they have done nothing wrong by rejecting Hammers approach.

ok, now i get it :dunce:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
If he's on garden leave, surely west ham will do some sort of workaround like Trevor is the manager and Pardew is doing some volunteer work in the west ham dug out while on garden leave, there's bound to be ways round it.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Wilts said:
Nah, its business. He wants to break his contract to go to a promotion rival, the stakes to get the Premiership are so high that for the sake of about £30k worth of wages, it'd make business sense to be unethical and immoral to West Ham, who've been unethical and immoral in the first place.

Same as the Palace/Steve Bruce case, except Madejski won't give in due to the amount of money we have to screw Pardew over as much as possible.

Well, look on the bright side. Like the Palace/Bruce case you could end up with Glenn Roeder as your manager! :lolol:

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Its weird how the 2 sides are meeting this weekend, always seems to happen, its as if the fixture list has some kind of pyschic foresight ???

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Christ,i actually feel sorry for Reading.

They were just enjoying their 15 minutes of fame and now they'll have to slum it with the rest of us.

What a C*** Pardew is.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
tinx said:
If he's on garden leave, surely west ham will do some sort of workaround like Trevor is the manager and Pardew is doing some volunteer work in the west ham dug out while on garden leave, there's bound to be ways round it.

The rules will state that Pardew won't be allowed to go to Upton Park, or the training grounds, or have any contact with the board and players for the entire period. Difficult to police that last one, but if West Ham regard it as too much hassle full stop, then Pardew is left without a job and can perhaps even extend that gardening leave to up to 3 or 4 years hopefully.

Trevor Brooking would indeed take over for as long as needed, but surely that'll affect the West Ham camp more than us. His managerial skills are not particularly high, and the fact that Pardew is just there waiting would feck 'em up. Here's hoping!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Wilts said:
Why do people think that our players are leaving?!?

We have plenty of money and don't need to let any of them go. In fact we'll hopefully get a manager in and give him more money to strengthen the squad. Its just a minor blip.

Jonnyboy - the garden leave thing is that Pardew has gone against his contract to resign for a job that would have breached his contract. Therefore Madejski can demand that he waits out a notice period, by simply paying his wages for 6 months, making sure that Pards can't manage West Ham until then. Good scenario for us :clap2:

palace and agent bruce remember?:clap2:

it will screw em both.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
West Ham haven't been unethical or immoral at all. Fair enough to be pissed off, I would be, but take a step back and look at the big picture. They've played it absolutely right, made an official approach, and your manager has decided they're a bigger club and is pissed off he hasn't been given the freedom to talk to them. That's no crime. just life. He was forced into resigning, you might say fair play Madejski, but he's caused this.

I still don't think we're quite in the clear on this one yet, if West Ham think the legal wrangles will take too long (they need someone quick), and the payoff is too big, they could still come back for Stevie.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'm amazed, I think here and now, the Reading job is a better job.

He's taking a big risk, as he is going to what is essentially a selling club at the moment, from a club who are able to go out and buy players.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Tooting Gull said:
West Ham haven't been unethical or immoral at all. Fair enough to be pissed off, I would be, but take a step back and look at the big picture. They've played it absolutely right, made an official approach, and your manager has decided they're a bigger club and is pissed off he hasn't been given the freedom to talk to them. That's no crime. just life. He was forced into resigning, you might say fair play Madejski, but he's caused this.

I still don't think we're quite in the clear on this one yet, if West Ham think the legal wrangles will take too long (they need someone quick), and the payoff is too big, they could still come back for Stevie.

Sorry, when I meant unethical and immorral, poaching away a manager of a promotion rival through the use of money that they don't have, when we're making profit every year, is wrong.

There's still a long way to go, for sure...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Brixtaan said:
Christ,i actually feel sorry for Reading.

They were just enjoying their 15 minutes of fame and now they'll have to slum it with the rest of us.

What a C*** Pardew is.

I think Reading looks like a plum job at the moment. I don't they will struggle to fill the post and could well get a better manager than Pardew.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports