Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pardew has resigned?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
totally agree Gritt.Anyone with a bit of loyalty/imagination/adventure would think the same.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
At the end of the day though, none of this garden leave will happen. The two clubs will now agree a conpensation package presumably. Otherwise Reading are stuffed. Maybe they should have allowed him to speak to them as they may not get anything at all now.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Why the hell would Reading want to pay Pardew his full salary for months on end, just out of spite ?? It makes no sense at all, and if I was a magager or player condisering a contract with them - I would think twice before signing it.

What a bunch of tossers.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Tooting Gull said:
West Ham haven't been unethical or immoral at all. Fair enough to be pissed off, I would be, but take a step back and look at the big picture. They've played it absolutely right, made an official approach, and your manager has decided they're a bigger club and is pissed off he hasn't been given the freedom to talk to them. That's no crime. just life. He was forced into resigning, you might say fair play Madejski, but he's caused this.

I still don't think we're quite in the clear on this one yet, if West Ham think the legal wrangles will take too long (they need someone quick), and the payoff is too big, they could still come back for Stevie.

Whats the problem? We'd just do the same.

You may hate palace but I think they've set a precident when they put bruce in the Kitchen for 6 months.:lolol:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Seagull over NZ said:
At the end of the day though, none of this garden leave will happen. The two clubs will now agree a conpensation package presumably. Otherwise Reading are stuffed. Maybe they should have allowed him to speak to them as they may not get anything at all now.

We will get a compensation package in either scenario, which is not much at around £250k. Garden leave will happen for as long as Madejski is prepared to fund it for.

Similar to when you might leave employment at a company to move to another one in the same industry, often you have to stay out of work for a few months due to sensitive information that could prove detrimental to your previous employer.

With Palace/Bruce, Palace gave up sooner rather than later as they couldn't really afford to keep paying him and the new manager together (Francis). Now Reading is a different kettle of fish compared with Palace financially.

We let McGhee speak to Leicester when they wanted him, the rest is history!

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Titanic said:
Why the hell would Reading want to pay Pardew his full salary for months on end, just out of spite ?? It makes no sense at all, and if I was a magager or player condisering a contract with them - I would think twice before signing it.

What a bunch of tossers.

To make sure as much as possible within our means that West Ham don't go up and we do! For the sake of £30k or so, its worth it for £20m worth of Premiership revenue!

I'm sure your club would do the same if Coppell went to QPR for example.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
STOP PRESS: Unless this is just an exercise by West Ham to get one of their promotion rivals to lose their manager and go into temporary disarray, to affect their promotion bid.

Then Pardew is out of work and is never likely to come back, and West Ham just get a new manager. Possible...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Still seems completely stupid to me - if you've got money to burn, spend it on attracting a decent new manager - don't chuck it in Pardew's pocket.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Wilts,

the reason we're so interested in this is because there is a lot of concern that Coppell will be wanted at Reading, i he leaves us we really are stuffed cos we could not afford to pay anyone gardening leave. I think it will get a lot more messy for the Royals yet, but I truly hope you find someone else to replace P*****w, whoever it is they will have a great oppertunity to prove themselves.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I tihnk Reading sahould accept that Pardew is going to West Ham, arrange a decent Compensation package form West Ham and then sign up Bryan Robson as their new manager. He's good at spending money at clubs with some.

As long as Coppell stays where he is I couldn't give a flying f***.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
jonnyboylennon said:
Well Wilts, do you finally agree that Pardew is, and always has been... a ****?

To answer your question... he's a

:angry: :censored: :salute: :censored: :salute: ... yep! He's a small-time man going for a small-time job in comparison. Its easy to get West Ham promoted to the Premiership, he's a coward who's taken the easy way out, when Reading could have helped his career and CV far more.

Last edited:

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Even if Reading have not accepted his resignation, surely he can't go back on his word. I think Madjeski should let him go. If the situation gets bitter it could do more harm than good for them.

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
Still seems completely stupid to me - if you've got money to burn, spend it on attracting a decent new manager - don't chuck it in Pardew's pocket.

Commonsense and egos don't work well together.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Superphil said:
Wilts,

the reason we're so interested in this is because there is a lot of concern that Coppell will be wanted at Reading, i he leaves us we really are stuffed cos we could not afford to pay anyone gardening leave. I think it will get a lot more messy for the Royals yet, but I truly hope you find someone else to replace P*****w, whoever it is they will have a great oppertunity to prove themselves.

With a fair bit of affiliation with your club now, I hope that Coppell stays with you. I hope someone like Cotterill comes along for us. There's hopefully plenty of managers out there who'd be interested... time will tell!

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
ben andrews girlfriend said:
Probably not, we couldnt afford 2 managers wages at the same time!

In which case it is what BHA would want to do in the same scenario ;)

You know when its a bad day at the office when NSC comes up with "you can only post one message every 60 seconds"! :lol: Am I going that mad?!?

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
jonnyboylennon said:
Agreed Wilts.

And you are lucky that you dont have to sell players, because i GUARANTEE that wanker would come straight back for Sidwell, Murray etc.

Almost definitely considering how much he doesn't seem to like us now. I imagine he'll do what ever he can to spite us. We're on the BHA thinking about Pardew now! Fancy coming to tear up Upton Park this Saturday with us?!? There's already plans in waiting. The flag shop in Reading has a mile long queue already, and they've got "Judas" all ready made on order I reckon...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here