Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palarse - going "groupon" again on Saturday!

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Sorry but I don't understand this groupon thingy thing. Who gets what? Palace can't shift tickets so this groupon (who ever they are) sell tickets for a tenner etc but who makes the profit?

Someone please explain :(

You sign up to it, and get gazillions of e-mails offering you 'massive' discounts on things you don't need, the prices of which turn out to be more or less the same as the normal price, but because the higher price has been offered for 5 consecutive seconds at a shop in the Outer Hebrides, they circumvent the price laws :mad:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So you havent answered the question yet....Will you need Groupon to fill your stadium up for derby day on December 1st? :lol:

The game could be shifted to the Sunday as Sainsbury's have requested the need for extra parking spaces for Xmas shoppers. OB may make this a midday kickoff depending on what occurs when Millwall make several ground improvements to Smellhurst.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I like to see a fuller ground and if we get just a few coming back its worth it, Most teams apart from you (give yourselfs a pat on the back) are seeing crowds fall.

I thought Selhurst had 26500 seats (both wooden and plastic, thought I would get that in) but with safe zones etc I was led to think it is about 24500? we will be lucky to get 18000 as the weather is looking v poor for Sat and that might put a lot of kids off?

BTW, I am a season ticket holder and this is my first game, as I play Cricket until the end of september if poss, and then I go on my hols.....does that make me less of a fan....or just a lover of Cricket.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I dont know why you take the piss seems like a good idea

It's a fantastic idea. I mean, how else are you gonna get large crowds?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't really understand these threads mocking Palace. I think the Groupon idea is commercially very savvy and if it gets more people in to watch them, then where's the problem? I know we're hung up on all things Palace now, but I'm not with anyone on this sort of subject. I honestly don't care how many people go and watch Palace, nor how they try and get more people in to watch them. It has nothing to do with football and is very boring.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Hey, why haven't serial thriller and loz had their advater changed like their brother and cousins? Or weren't they in the photo? :shrug:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I thought Selhurst had 26500 seats (both wooden and plastic, thought I would get that in) but with safe zones etc I was led to think it is about 24500? we will be lucky to get 18000 as the weather is looking v poor for Sat and that might put a lot of kids off?

Giving away about 4,000 children's tickets might be detrimental to the crowd figure if it is pissing down with rain on Saturday and they don't bother to go.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I don't really understand these threads mocking Palace. I think the Groupon idea is commercially very savvy and if it gets more people in to watch them, then where's the problem? I know we're hung up on all things Palace now, but I'm not with anyone on this sort of subject. I honestly don't care how many people go and watch Palace, nor how they try and get more people in to watch them. It has nothing to do with football and is very boring.

So why are you in this thread?

So why are you in this thread?

Spot on. Can't understand people that open threads on a subject that doesn't interest them just to say - this thread is boring . Very much a look at me sort of thing.

Cracking read that Palace expect gate to fall by about 4,000 if its raining on Saturday. Tinpot . :albion2:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

Yup. Every Palace fan knows we can't compete with your crowds because you've got a new stadium. It's better to have 20,000 people in the ground even if some are discounted tickets, than 15,000.

FYI, the reason we're expecting a high attendance is because we're on such fantastic form. 5 wins and a draw in the last 6 games, and in every game we've been comfortably the better side. A vast amount of football fans are fickle and will only spend their money to watch a side playing well. Many lapsed fans are able to justify spending their cash on Palace now, which is why our attendance will be higher.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Buckley , the 2nd best winger in the Championship , the number 1 is undoubtedly Ince.

I don't think anyone but the most biased of Brighton fans thinks that Buckley is a better player than Zaha. Sorry to break it to you, but I don't think you really believe it either.

Just look at the Wolves/Bolton/Forest/Wednesday/Charlton/Cardiff boards after we played them. Zaha is almost universally seen as the best forward in the division.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I don't think anyone but the most biased of Brighton fans thinks that Buckley is a better player than Zaha. Sorry to break it to you, but I don't think you really believe it either.

Just look at the Wolves/Bolton/Forest/Wednesday/Charlton/Cardiff boards after we played them. Zaha is almost universally seen as the best forward in the division.

Buckley is currently a better footballer than Winifred , admittedly he won't be in a couple of years time as age is against him. Ask any reasonable fan who they think is the best in the Championship and the reply will be Thomas Ince who is bound for Man Utd in January.

Yup. Every Palace fan knows we can't compete with your crowds because you've got a new stadium. It's better to have 20,000 people in the ground even if some are discounted tickets, than 15,000.

FYI, the reason we're expecting a high attendance is because we're on such fantastic form. 5 wins and a draw in the last 6 games, and in every game we've been comfortably the better side. A vast amount of football fans are fickle and will only spend their money to watch a side playing well. Many lapsed fans are able to justify spending their cash on Palace now, which is why our attendance will be higher.

:laugh: "lapsed fans" - nothing to do with the fact that it is virtually free to get in then ?

Buckley is currently a better footballer than Winifred , admittedly he won't be in a couple of years time as age is against him. Ask any reasonable fan who they think is the best in the Championship and the reply will be Thomas Ince who is bound for Man Utd in January.

Buckley is only 22 !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here