Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palarse - going "groupon" again on Saturday!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Haven't you noticed that the Palace that infect this board never come on attendance threads - I wonder why ? :D
They'll be here in a minute, telling us that we all sit next to a Chelsea fan, and that it's embarrassing we didn't have 9,000 at the Withdean (despite the fact they wouldn't fit), and that they have hardcore fans, etc etc.

The truth is, they are low on fans, and need to do something. The owners are trying, so fair play to the owners.

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
Personally I haven't ever had an issue with you're plastic fans - if you're getting the extra cash then who cares if they support whoever, it goes stright to the club and that's the main thing. We have 2000 tickets left for Saturday, which is pretty good, and is probably down to a mix of our good form, the offers available and the best winger outside the Premiership.

We are playing great football at the moment, whether you want to believe that or not, but I am very excied about this season.

Personally I haven't ever had an issue with you're plastic fans - if you're getting the extra cash then who cares if they support whoever, it goes stright to the club and that's the main thing. We have 2000 tickets left for Saturday, which is pretty good, and is probably down to a mix of our good form, the offers available and the best winger outside the Premiership.

We are playing great football at the moment, whether you want to believe that or not, but I am very excied about this season.

Why is Buckley playing at Selhurst ?

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath

2000 left, so 24k already sold. Me thinks you are talking shite

24k would be BHA's lowest of the season BTW

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
2000 left, so 24k already sold. Me thinks you are talking shite

24k would be BHA's lowest of the season BTW

No it wouldn't. firstly, Burnley won't bring more than 500. Second, there's segregation areas around the away fans. I reckon it'll be around 22k.
I don't really care about your attendances. They come and go, You may have bigger attendances than us now, but we had bigger attendances than you for years. I'm sure in future we'll have bigger attendances than you and vice versa.

And it's nice that you didn't see fit to give me a profile picture.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
No it wouldn't. firstly, Burnley won't bring more than 500. Second, there's segregation areas around the away fans. I reckon it'll be around 22k.
I don't really care about your attendances. They come and go, You may have bigger attendances than us now, but we had bigger attendances than you for years. I'm sure in future we'll have bigger attendances than you and vice versa.

And it's nice that you didn't see fit to give me a profile picture.

I bet you don't !

I thought the capacity of Selhurst was 26,500 - so by your reckoning that's 4,000 empty seats segregation around 500 Burnley fans. I think amexee has you about right.

I would be surprised if you managed 20,000 and you can only get that by discounting.

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
I bet you don't !

I thought the capacity of Selhurst was 26,500 - so by your reckoning that's 4,000 empty seats segregation around 500 Burnley fans. I think amexee has you about right.

I would be surprised if you managed 20,000 and you can only get that by discounting.

Your maths isn't very good is it?

Someone get him an abacus.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
May stick a nice big picture of Murray up once he's got his 20th this season against you in the play off final to send us up!

NO No No, You don't understand, It's our board and we make the rules round here and once your lovely mug shot is up then it's up for good :)

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
NO No No, You don't understand, It's our board and we make the rules round here and once your lovely mug shot is up then it's up for good :)

Ah right. Well if you're struggling to find a mug shot of me, think of a cross between Brad Pitt and a young Leonardo Di Caprio.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sorry but I don't understand this groupon thingy thing. Who gets what? Palace can't shift tickets so this groupon (who ever they are) sell tickets for a tenner etc but who makes the profit?

Someone please explain :(

Groupon sell lots of tickets at a tenner each but take a fiver as commission on each sale. Palace cannot sell the tickets at full price in the first place so it makes sense to at least get a fiver per ticket than nothing at all.

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
My maths is spot on - but I wouldn't expect anyone from Crystal Palace to be good with numbers.

Capacity 26,500 less the 22,000 Palace( you reckon) + 500 Burnley (you reckon) = 4000 empty seats = segregation (you reckon) = :laugh:

First, I never said we will sell our remaining two thousand tickets (I think we'll sell around 1000, may be wrong), second, you're assuming we'll give exactly 500 seats to Burnley, when we'll actually give them the space for about 1500 fans. Segragation of about 2000 seats and bingo.

Nathaniel10

Sep 27, 2012
Palace fan in peace!

Does it really matter what our attendance is on Saturday or the following home game or last year or next year?

Saturday is a designated family day which the club does around 2-3 times a season and is focused mainly on the school kids within the Borough of Croydon. All of the schools are given a bunch of tickets which can be sold to the kids for a fiver which works two fold - the kids get to watch a professional game of football for a fiver and the club gets some extra revenue and bums on seats that it would not have had otherwise. You have to remember that it is ridiculously tough to recruit new support in London with the amount of succesful clubs we have here and Millwall and Charlton close by. We have to contend with 14 other London clubs within a 25 mile radius of Selhurst Park so the fact we have 12k hardcore support is probably about right. Brighton has decent sized population and no real alternative so couple that with a shiny new stadium and a recent promotion then it is no real surprise in the good gates you are getting.

Palace can win the next 50 games and you would probably struggle to see a major increase in gates, it does not work like that.

The groupon thing to be honest I do not know how that works but same again if it increases support and interest then excellent. You seem to bang on about attendances quite a lot nowadays but I think some of you have short very memories indeed al la Withdean and Gillingham and even the late Goldstone days I dont seem to recall anything near the 24k you get now..

It makes me laugh seeing such immature comments.

I think that it is matters on the pitch which gives fans some bragging rights and as we saw last September having a 26000 crowd 'cheering' you on does not guarantee you nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here