Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palarse - going "groupon" again on Saturday!

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Haven't you noticed that the Palace that infect this board never come on attendance threads - I wonder why ? :D
Because Phallus, the attendance means f*** all.

Although of course, the last 30 years show just how inept you are as a team and as a fanbase. With a catchment area of many miles, your pathetic excuses and losing your ground just shows how many true fans you actually have.

10,000 or 20,000, I couldn't give a toss, it's extra money for the club.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Here's what Millwall chief exec Andy Ambler thinks about it. Love the fact he can't even bring himself to say their name...

“Wholesale discounts, as another club are doing on Saturday through Groupon, devalue the season ticket.

“I don’t want to offer ridiculous discounts because that weakens the benefits of having a season ticket. I’m going to protect that value.”

As a season ticket holder... I don't give a shit. I think cheap tickets for people that wouldn't otherwise go is a great thing.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Here's what Millwall chief exec Andy Ambler thinks about it. Love the fact he can't even bring himself to say their name...

“Wholesale discounts, as another club are doing on Saturday through Groupon, devalue the season ticket.

“I don’t want to offer ridiculous discounts because that weakens the benefits of having a season ticket. I’m going to protect that value.”

I think the Millwall chairman understands the difference between season ticket holders at clubs with plenty of available seats available like Millwall and palace and clubs like BHA with a nearly full ground.

No doubt there are many BHA fans who have season tickets as game by game tickets are hard to come by. Where as Millwall and Palace fans are probably enticed by the financial savings. If you flog tickets off for virtually nothing, it cannot be long before the benefit of a season ticket is diminished to the point where financially there is little point in stumping up the cash.

Feb 14, 2010
Its tough for poor old palace. With a fanbase that struggles to get 250 teenagers to a demonstration and end up a laughing stock in the city, it is clearly not fanbase than can compare to a club like Brighton who, when in the lowest division made national news in a game against York City. Now to struggle to sell out after giving away thousands of tickets and a two for one deal really does show what a difficult job the owners of palace have. They have for years punched above their weight. OK they were helped by cheating creditors a few times, but even so, the current owners of palace have to be applauded for at least trying to get a few people through the turnstile. I don't think they help themselves tho with goal music, Eagle flying displays, face painting and teenagers banging a sad little drumdr. Its just all too plastic down at palace.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Its tough for poor old palace. With a fanbase that struggles to get 250 teenagers to a demonstration and end up a laughing stock in the city, it is clearly not fanbase than can compare to a club like Brighton who, when in the lowest division made national news in a game against York City. Now to struggle to sell out after giving away thousands of tickets and a two for one deal really does show what a difficult job the owners of palace have. They have for years punched above their weight. OK they were helped by cheating creditors a few times, but even so, the current owners of palace have to be applauded for at least trying to get a few people through the turnstile. I don't think they help themselves tho with goal music, Eagle flying displays, face painting and teenagers banging a sad little drumdr. Its just all too plastic down at palace.
Time to bring the horse out again CPFC :lolol:

Attachments

• horse.jpg
    horse.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 39

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Its tough for poor old palace. With a fanbase that struggles to get 250 teenagers to a demonstration and end up a laughing stock in the city

Why do you continue to perpetuate this myth? There was easily 700 or 800 people there when I got there, and numbers continued to grow throughout the day.

The rest of your post is so stupid I won't even bother with it. You're getting too big for your boots. Remember, you've never even been in the Premiership and by 6 O'clock today you could be behind us in the league.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Does it really? Try telling that to your poor beleaguered chairmen. I wonder if they agree. And you kind of confound yourself when later on you state that it brings extra money in. Money that helps stem the money that poor little palace are currently haemorrhaging at the alarming rate of 5 million or more a year. I suppose you can always count on the tax payer to help out AGAIN.

Why do you continue to perpetuate this myth? There was easily 700 or 800 people there when I got there, and numbers continued to grow throughout the day.

The rest of your post is so stupid I won't even bother with it. You're getting too big for your boots. Remember, you've never even been in the Premiership and by 6 O'clock today you could be behind us in the league.

Because it's true - we've all seen the pictures on your own forum gallery - 200 tops. Why? because it was raining !

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009

The rest of your post is so stupid I won't even bother with it. You're getting too big for your boots. Remember, you've never even been in the Premiership and by 6 O'clock today you could be behind us in the league.[/QUOTE]

He is right though.

Although of course, the last 30 years show just how inept you are as a team and as a fanbase. With a catchment area of many miles, your pathetic excuses and losing your ground just shows how many true fans you actually have.

10,000 or 20,000, I couldn't give a toss, it's extra money for the club.

:lolol: Hows your old man - still spouting shit on the BBS ?

Another Palace idiot that doesn't understand catchment areas :lolol:

It's not the land mass it's the number of people that live within it. You have 6 million people living within 15 miles radius of Palace (with competition from Charlton & Millwall) - Sussex has 1. 2 million population with Crawley & Pompey nearer to some than Albion.

We attract 25,000 avaerage - you get about 14,000 - which is joke support for a Club that has established itself in top 2 tiers for 35 years (all be it by shafting local community - TWICE).

Next up Millwall - you going - many won't be ? - go on tell the truth :lolol:

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012

Compared to...
Glow sticks
Magiko song sheets.
Moving to play in a different County
Losing your spiritual home because the fans you have found now never turned up at the Gallstone.
Crowds of 1,500 odd in the JPT
Crowds of under 7,000 for how many years?
Getting battered at the Amex by your hated rivals(Ist league defeat ):)
The campest fans in England
And you call us tin pot?

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012

It's not the land mass it's the number of people that live within it. You have 6 million people living within 15 miles radius of Palace (with competition from Charlton & Millwall) - Sussex has 1. 2 million population with Crawley & Pompey nearer to some than Albion.

We attract 25,000 avaerage - you get about 14,000 - which is joke support for a Club that has established itself in top 2 tiers for 35 years (all be it by shafting local community - TWICE).

Mind the gap:)

Nathaniel10

Sep 27, 2012

Your sums are all wrong winkle. The 6M people that you talk about in London actually have a choice of 14 London clubs to choose from of which 6 are in the Prem. Sussex has you and Crawley and no Prem clubs. Millwall average 9-10k so what does that mean? There are so many other factors involved it is ridiculous.

If having a big attendance really excites you guys then crack on. If it was me turning up on my jacks every other week and you lot were getting 100k then what does that mean what does it represent. It is about what happens on the pitch and I just get the feeling that you dont really have a decent argument on that side of things right now so have to resort to desperate arguments like this. Palace being Palace will probably lose the next 7 we know our place and I will be looking down the table for a while yet to get too excited.

You guys really have turned into such an arrogant bunch in the last 12 months. Your an established Championship team and I fully expect you to be challenging, the attendances are impressive and it seems that your progressing well but that is it. You seem almost infactuated with what we are doing and I get the idea that some of you would rather Palace lost than you won which is sad.

I couldnt give a monkeys if you lot go up win the Prem and then the Chamions League in the next 3 years (it would seem this is a given with some of you) good luck to you. The Premier League is cancerous and you will get a deluge of foreign players in your team whom rock up for the wages and the Prem and kiss the badge then slide off when you only finish 16th or a bigger team comes along. WEe have been there and been mugged off plenty of times.

Be careful what you wish for

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here