Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Ticket Update **OFFICIAL**

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
ffs give it a rest,yes i have one,would i have got one if i hadnt been a season tik holder last year? yes!
,Even if i wasnt a season ticket holder,i would of got one.
If you really wanted to go,there are ways and means of getting a ticket,that is a fact.

Im all ears cos I am prepared to pay good money and have no idea where to get one.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There's 300 (THREE HUNDRED) tickets left, all these comments about 1100 over 1000 etc are meaningless. It'll be sold out WELL before.

petercg365

Oct 25, 2011
ffs give it a rest,yes i have one,would i have got one if i hadnt been a season tik holder last year? yes!
,Even if i wasnt a season ticket holder,i would of got one.
If you really wanted to go,there are ways and means of getting a ticket,that is a fact.

What are the ways and means. Tell me and I'll get one.
The thing that has pissed me off is that they jumped from 1250 down to 1000 with nothing in the middle.
I haven't got a ticket (only 1200 points - season ticket, 4 away games and 2 cup games) but I will be going anyway to see what happens.

petercg365

Oct 25, 2011
If you havn't had a season ticket for two years you don't deserve 1 of just 2,700...why they started selling so late with ludicrous 3 day gaps between levels was an immense gaff & another matter

Really?? So if someone has had a season ticket for the last 2 years they deserve a ticket more than someone who has been to loads of away games (not me, by the way) but for whatever reason didn't have a season ticket?
I'm pissed off because I can't get a ticket, that's all. Can I swear on here? BOLLOCKS.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
What are the ways and means. Tell me and I'll get one.
The thing that has pissed me off is that they jumped from 1250 down to 1000 with nothing in the middle.
I haven't got a ticket (only 1200 points - season ticket, 4 away games and 2 cup games) but I will be going anyway to see what happens.

so you dont know anyone that was a season ticket holder?,you didnt think in advance and get on palaces database? im sorry but you needed to be a bit more orgainised ,if you really really wanted to go to this match,then you would of thought about all this.
The same as all those fans that couldnt get tickets for other big matches ala hereford etc ,i couldnt get one that day,but with mates help,we planned ahead a got 12 in the hereford end,you do what you must.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
No but they could, could have given some priority to people that have season tickets and gone to some away games + cup games. Totally ignoring that section of support is out of order.

That said, this argument is pointless if they don't go beyond the 1,250 level. Admittedly.

Realistically, are such people going to want to go to this one? I'd be very surprised if there are STH's who have been to no home cup games, and no away games, that fancy Palace away...

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
owell, looks like i wont be going, and i wont go in the home end

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Great so going to 5 aways this season and all home cup games but no withdean st means nothing?

Which bit of 'loyalty scheme' is escaping you here? It doesnt count for nothing, but it doesnt count for as much as those who had ST at Withdean. If the opened it up to everyone who has a ST at the Amex, there would 18000 people eligible to apply, that would be chaos, they have to start somewhere. By using Withdean STH as a benchmark it allows them to sell to the most loyal supporters first. If you didn't have a ST at Withdean, they even offered half season tickets, then why should you have any priority over those that did? that is what is being rewarded now.

It's a shame that some of our new supporters, and new STH can't get tickets for this game, but it would be far less fair if people who historically have been STH at Withdean were told that counted for nothing. In seasons to come, fans who are regulars at away games will overtake those who sat in the rain at Withdean, but dont decry the loyalty of the 5-6k who stuck with the side at Withdean, without them for all those horrible years, there wouldn't be an Amex, or an Albion.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Which bit of 'loyalty scheme' is escaping you here? If the opened it up to everyone who has a ST at the Amex, there would 18000 people eligible to apply, that would be chaos, they have to start somewhere. By using Withdean STH as a benchmark it allows them to sell to the most loyal supporters first. If you didn't have a ST at Withdean, they even offered half season tickets, then why should you have any priority over those that did? that is what is being rewarded now.

It's a shame that some of our new supporters, and new STH can't get tickets for this game, but it would be far less fair if people who historically have been STH at Withdean were told that counted for nothing. In seasons to come, fans who are regulars at away games will overtake those who sat in the rain at Withdean, but dont decry the loyalty of the 5-6k who stuck with the side at Withdean, without them for all those horrible years, there wouldn't be an Amex, or an Albion.

Do me a favour. It would have been SIMPLE for the club to do both. Simply reduce the earlier loyalty cut off to a week ago and then gradually bring it down to the majority of us who have season tickets and have also been to away games and cup games. It's not f***ing rocket science and the fact the club have failed to do this I find astounding.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
I'm just glad the ticket site is not going to be clogged up with 1000ers tomorrow night whilst I'm securing Newc tix

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
so you dont know anyone that was a season ticket holder?,you didnt think in advance and get on palaces database? im sorry but you needed to be a bit more orgainised ,if you really really wanted to go to this match,then you would of thought about all this.
The same as all those fans that couldnt get tickets for other big matches ala hereford etc ,i couldnt get one that day,but with mates help,we planned ahead a got 12 in the hereford end,you do what you must.

Whilst I feel for the people who will miss out, I agree with the above, a couple of my mates have done the above. I was suprised I got one straight after I purchased the Newcastle ticket, that took me over the points needed, more luck than judgement.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Can't wait for the West Ham binfest but I'll be ok being on 1,430 points. So glad i bought a half season ticket at Withdean last season :)

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Which bit of 'loyalty scheme' is escaping you here? It doesnt count for nothing, but it doesnt count for as much as those who had ST at Withdean. If the opened it up to everyone who has a ST at the Amex, there would 18000 people eligible to apply, that would be chaos, they have to start somewhere. By using Withdean STH as a benchmark it allows them to sell to the most loyal supporters first. If you didn't have a ST at Withdean, they even offered half season tickets, then why should you have any priority over those that did? that is what is being rewarded now.

You missed my point completely. People like me who have been to a fair amount of away games and all home cup games this season are being put in with the same category as those who have only bought a ST this season and who maybe haven't been to any aways or cup games. If they are reducing the points to 1250 then surely they should reduce it again to 1150 and so on?

I agree completely about Withdean ST holders getting first priority but as it happens last season I couldn't afford one.

bring_zamora_home

Mar 16, 2011
I'm lucky enough to have got 4tickets by other means, I'm not fussed about the west ham game as they are the most expensive in the league and all there games are boring to watch hoofing the ball forward.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Give over. The demand for tickets for this match would ensure that thousands would be p*ssed off whatever the club did. Without a shadow of a doubt the 4000 or so with season tickets last year should have got some sort of priority. As it happens I had one and I'm going - the people I regularly travel to away games didn't and they ain't got one.
What would your ideal way have been then to distribute them?

A few weeks ago, a quick survey to guage demand for a beamback. Anylise the results, decide on a venue, show the game at a large pub / cinema / AMEX, depandant on demand and take-up.

at the end of the day, do the club really care, its an away game?, its a pain in the arse they could do without, I couldn't be arsed with all this and have secured a couple in the Palace end, it's far from ideal, but I can see the match, I'm capable of celebrating without antagonising or ramming it down their necks but most pleasing of all is I don't have to come on here crying like a baby because I had a season ticket at Gillingham for 20 years

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
You missed my point completely. People like me who have been to a fair amount of away games and all home cup games this season are being put in with the same category as those who have only bought a ST this season and who maybe haven't been to any aways or cup games. If they are reducing the points to 1250 then surely they should reduce it again to 1150 and so on?

I agree completely about Withdean ST holders getting first priority but as it happens last season I couldn't afford one.

I concur, I've got 1190, trips to Cardiff, Stains, Ipswich, Peterborough etc obviously count for f*** all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here