Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Ticket Update **OFFICIAL**

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
I ain't justifying dropping from 1250 to 1000 a all. All I've asked is what would be a fairer way of doing it? The problem is there ain't one. QUOTE]

Yes there is. If your going to drop the points from 1330 to 1250, why not then to 1150, 1100 and so on. Instead these people are getting placed with people who haven't been to any aways or cup games this season but just bought a ST.

Exactly. To say there isn't a fairer way is quite frankly staggering. I've got 1160, wasn't a ST last year and have no problems with Withdean STs getting priority. I also accepted that at the outset the chances of me getting a ticket to Palace were pretty remote. However, to see the allocation dropping by 10 points at a time for the past 2 weeks has been stupid. And now, in the very unlikely chance of there being a few tickets remaining, I'm going to be lumped in with the literally thousands of people on 1000? Thanks. It should have reduced 50 points at a time. Let's be honest, there's not that much difference in supposed "loyalty" for someone with 1200 and someone with 1150, but a world of difference between 1150 and 1000. Oh well, as with most things this season let's hope the club learns from this.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Exactly. To say there isn't a fairer way is quite frankly staggering. I've got 1160, wasn't a ST last year and have no problems with Withdean STs getting priority. I also accepted that at the outset the chances of me getting a ticket to Palace were pretty remote. However, to see the allocation dropping by 10 points at a time for the past 2 weeks has been stupid. And now, in the very unlikely chance of there being a few tickets remaining, I'm going to be lumped in with the literally thousands of people on 1000? Thanks. It should have reduced 50 points at a time. Let's be honest, there's not that much difference in supposed "loyalty" for someone with 1200 and someone with 1150, but a world of difference between 1150 and 1000. Oh well, as with most things this season let's hope the club learns from this.

I agree.

But, I have the same amount of points than you and I still think, with a little organisation, I will be able to get a ticket on wednesday. How many people can there really be who didn't have a withdean ST but have been to every cup game and away game this season? And how many of this lot will go to Palace? Less than 300 I think, so I haven't given up yet. :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 18477

IMO it should have gone:

mon 1400
tues 1350
weds 1300
thurs 1200
fri 1100
following monday (as in yesterday) 1000

I have to agree the gradual points reduction over the past 10 days has just wasted loads of time. Each new points bracket only introduced a few extra potential purchasers, whilst 1000's are now introduced in one hit.

This is wrong and is inexcusable.

However, I suspect there is a reason. And the reason is this. BHA are confident that everyone who has more than 1000 point will get a ticket if they want one. The talk about only being 300 tickets left is, IMO wrong. The facts and figures leaked from ticket staff over the past few years as been unreliable to say the least.

Palace is of course a massively popular game, however there are some regulars who won't be going. It's a school night, some will choose not to for fear of trouble. Some just won't be able to make it from work. Some will choose not to for fear of being held in the ground for ages and getting home too late.

I don't agree with any of these reasons and I will be there with my 11 year old - but some won't.

Now - cast your minds back to our very 1st away game. A local Rival, easy to get to, lovely Saturday afternoon kick off. Less of a threat of violence etc.....

For this game there was the same paranoia on these boards - and the fear may have been founded as I believe we only got an allocation of 3100 - only 400 more than Palace.

For this game all worries were unfounded - not only did it not sell out to STH's (all on 1000 points at the time) it went to general sale and even then did not sell out.

Add in the extra expense of a cup game with the Gerodies this weekend and I confidently say that anyone with 1000 points will get a ticket if needed.

One final point - why would the club even mention the possibilty of a sale to those with 50 points on Saturday if they knew it was not possible?

Badly handles by the club = Yes
Will you not get a ticket if you deserve one = NO

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
REAL fans will be able to get tickets no matter what. Those that hang around and don't think around these systems will miss out.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Went to almost every game last season at withdean, wishing I had a ST there now :(
Edit: I'm on 1,100 points. Could of been on 1,350 :(

Me too, I'm regretting it so much! I think I missed two games at Withdean last season, I just found it easier (financially) to buy tickets on a match by match basis.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
REAL fans will be able to get tickets no matter what. Those that hang around and don't think around these systems will miss out.

What do you mean by real? I have been going to Withdean for years but couldn't afford a ST last season. I have a ST this season and have gone to a fair amount of aways. Am I not a REAL fan then?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Can see what you're getting at. You could well argue that if the tickets had been alloted simply on away games this season to all the far flung outposts then it'll be just full of trainspotters.

Personally I can remember the first time Palace came to the Withdean, there were plenty of people hanging around at the end trying to ensure that it took as long for them to get out as it had us at Selhurst. So, yeah, it will be brilliant with just the
Withdean crowd up there.

The 0-0 game? I don't think most of the 500 odd outside waiting to show palace the way back to the station were in the ground?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What do you mean by real? I have been going to Withdean for years but couldn't afford a ST last season. I have a ST this season and have gone to a fair amount of aways. Am I not a REAL fan then?

The REAL bit was a slight wind up. Those that really want tickets have got them already. I know two that have tickets that, if they had waited for priority, would not get one.

*oneofthosepeoplemayormaynotbeme*

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It's the first time this new loyalty scheme has been used in earnest so it's understand if the club doesn't get it quite right first time.

superseagulls

Feb 2, 2009
just this second got off the phone to the ticket office - had a bit of a moan about the fact they will go from 1250 straight down to 1000 and they agreed it was wrong and it was to do with the little amount of time left.
Anyway there are around 500 left so 5pm tomorrow is going to be like vultures feeding off a carcass.

just this second got off the phone to the ticket office - had a bit of a moan about the fact they will go from 1250 straight down to 1000 and they agreed it was wrong and it was to do with the little amount of time left.
Anyway there are around 500 left so 5pm tomorrow is going to be like vultures feeding off a carcass.

If they had not pissed about for 10 day going down in tiny bits, there would have been loads of time.

Anyhow, 500 is plenty. I predict there will even be a handful (a very small handful) left on Saturday morning for those who are quick with 50 points.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
sanctimonious twaddle in my opinion. Do you suggest children sneak in the home end and get twatted because that is what it sounds like?

50 point countdown on a daily or two daily basis would have been a fair way. Instead this is another meaningless source of contention.

It should not be so difficult to have an open and easily understood policy for ticket sales. No doubt there will always be debate as to the fairest policy but I think a good start would be for there to be one published.

load of old bollocks,like i said there are always tickets if you really want it bad enough,
rather than moan moan about how unfair it all is,better planning needed imo

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If they had not pissed about for 10 day going down in tiny bits, there would have been loads of time.

Anyhow, 500 is plenty. I predict there will even be a handful (a very small handful) left on Saturday morning for those who are quick with 50 points.

No chance. There are thousands of supporters that travel away that didnt have a Withdean season ticket that now have one at Falmer. Those tickets will be gone in less than 30 mins tomorrow to the lucky few that actually get onto the system before it crashes.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
As i am unable to attend I am impartial in this whole issue and as far as I can tell the way they have done it has been crazy.

I have 1350 points so could easily have got a ticket but starting at 1400 was just crazy baring in mind that everyone with over 1300 would have been season ticket holders at Withdean and there was only what 4500 of them then the opening points on 1300 would have kept all of these people happy considering not all would want to or be able to attend. There would then be plenty left to drop the second point number to say 1150 which would reward current season ticket holders who travel to a number of away games and also go to the home cup games and then down to 1050 which will be most season ticket holders.

If they had used these kind of numbers on only three drops everyone would have been happy pretty much as those most deserving would have got tickets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here