Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Ticket Update **OFFICIAL**

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
No but they could, could have given some priority to people that have season tickets and gone to some away games + cup games. Totally ignoring that section of support is out of order.

That said, this argument is pointless if they don't go beyond the 1,250 level. Admittedly.

However they did it someone would be upset.

As you say though, it might be academic.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You missed my point completely. People like me who have been to a fair amount of away games and all home cup games this season are being put in with the same category as those who have only bought a ST this season and who maybe haven't been to any aways or cup games. If they are reducing the points to 1250 then surely they should reduce it again to 1150 and so on?

Not completely, but yes a bit, sorry about that. I hadn't fully appreciated the drop in qualifying points. If they guaged that it would sell out before it got to below 1250 then they've made a mistake there. It still qualifies as loyalty based, but but doesn't seem to give anything to those like you who have been away, I guess take some hope in the fact that if people havent been away yet this season, they are less likely to want to go away to this one, fingers crossed you'll get one.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I finding the points thing a bit confusing to be honest.

Bit odd the timing at which the points are allocated.

I still can't quite work out why I have the point I have. It needs to indicate which games have actually been allocated at this point in time does it not ?

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
so you dont know anyone that was a season ticket holder?,you didnt think in advance and get on palaces database? im sorry but you needed to be a bit more orgainised ,if you really really wanted to go to this match,then you would of thought about all this.
The same as all those fans that couldnt get tickets for other big matches ala hereford etc ,i couldnt get one that day,but with mates help,we planned ahead a got 12 in the hereford end,you do what you must.

sanctimonious twaddle in my opinion. Do you suggest children sneak in the home end and get twatted because that is what it sounds like?

50 point countdown on a daily or two daily basis would have been a fair way. Instead this is another meaningless source of contention.

It should not be so difficult to have an open and easily understood policy for ticket sales. No doubt there will always be debate as to the fairest policy but I think a good start would be for there to be one published.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I went to the 83' cup final, AND still have both stubs. Does this count for ANYTHING?

:angry:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
I went to the 83' cup final, AND still have both stubs. Does this count for ANYTHING?

:angry:

not if you havent got your spurs and west ham stubs

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
sanctimonious twaddle in my opinion. Do you suggest children sneak in the home end and get twatted because that is what it sounds like?

50 point countdown on a daily or two daily basis would have been a fair way. Instead this is another meaningless source of contention.

It should not be so difficult to have an open and easily understood policy for ticket sales. No doubt there will always be debate as to the fairest policy but I think a good start would be for there to be one published.

Every away game will be different due to likely demand, number of seats given, distance etc etc - to expect some sort of one-size fits all published policy is just ridiculous!!

I'm sure you weren't asking for one for Middlesborough away?!!

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
So it's the withdean crowd that will represent us in the away end.........brilliant!

Can see what you're getting at. You could well argue that if the tickets had been alloted simply on away games this season to all the far flung outposts then it'll be just full of trainspotters.

Personally I can remember the first time Palace came to the Withdean, there were plenty of people hanging around at the end trying to ensure that it took as long for them to get out as it had us at Selhurst. So, yeah, it will be brilliant with just the Withdean crowd up there.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
Give over. The demand for tickets for this match would ensure that thousands would be p*ssed off whatever the club did. Without a shadow of a doubt the 4000 or so with season tickets last year should have got some sort of priority. As it happens I had one and I'm going - the people I regularly travel to away games didn't and they ain't got one.
What would your ideal way have been then to distribute them?

How they can justify coming down from 1250 points to 1000,to all them guys who go week in week out week day or weekend,those are the fans that help our team get a point or a win when the chips are down,for this,they get f*** all,away days is where you will see the same faces,be it Preston on Tuesday night,Swansea on Friday night,Cardiff on Tuesday night etc etc the club dont realise how far these fans go sometimes to support our team,they are the real loyal fans,are what is thier reward,f*** all,its my opinion,the ones that wont agree are not the ones i mention above,but hey,same old Brighton with tickets,maybe give it 5 years til the real fans got enough loyalty points to not worry,but til then.......

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
How they can justify coming down from 1250 points to 1000,to all them guys who go week in week out week day or weekend,those are the fans that help our team get a point or a win when the chips are down,for this,they get f*** all,away days is where you will see the same faces,be it Preston on Tuesday night,Swansea on Friday night,Cardiff on Tuesday night etc etc the club dont realise how far these fans go sometimes to support our team,they are the real loyal fans,are what is thier reward,f*** all,its my opinion,the ones that wont agree are not the ones i mention above,but hey,same old Brighton with tickets,maybe give it 5 years til the real fans got enough loyalty points to not worry,but til then.......

I ain't justifying dropping from 1250 to 1000 a all. All I've asked is what would be a fairer way of doing it? The problem is there ain't one. But, sorry to say, in answer to your question, yes I think Withdean season ticket holders should have been given priority over those who do indeed travel all over (though many people will be in both camps) for the simple reason the club got that money (at a time when it f*cking needed it) but it didn't get it from away fixtures. The real problem here though is not the club, it's Palace for being so precious with the tickets.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Seems like everyone getting a ticket is real fan. I personally disagreed with the big gaps in between the different priority periods, did they really have to be so big? The application of the points system itself I did not have a problem with at all. This game was ALWAYS going to be oversubscribed so people were going to miss out which initially looked like it might include myself, what else could the club do? This is by far the best system we have ever had in place.

The people at Palace will be real fans who have made a commitment to the club this season and beyond, what's wrong with that? Sadly due to the limited number of tickets other loyal fans will not be able to make into the away end, but that is hardly the clubs fault.

Personally I am encouraged that this game is going to get nowhere near general sale, that is definitely as it should be.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Seems like everyone getting a ticket is real fan. I personally disagreed with the big gaps in between the different priority periods, did they really have to be so big? The application of the points system itself I did not have a problem with at all. This game was ALWAYS going to be oversubscribed so people were going to miss out which initially looked like it might include myself, what else could the club do? This is by far the best system we have ever had in place.

The people at Palace will be real fans who have made a commitment to the club this season and beyond, what's wrong with that? Sadly due to the limited number of tickets other loyal fans will not be able to make into the away end, but that is hardly the clubs fault.

Personally I am encouraged that this game is going to get nowhere near general sale, that is definitely as it should be.

Anyone with less that 1,250 points is not a real fan then? :wanker:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Anyone with less that 1,250 points is not a real fan then? :wanker:

That isn't what I said. I said those people going will be real fans but because of the limited number of tickets available other real fans will also miss out. It's an impossible situation given the allocation and real fans will sadly find themselves amongst the disappointed.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Every away game will be different due to likely demand, number of seats given, distance etc etc - to expect some sort of one-size fits all published policy is just ridiculous!!

I'm sure you weren't asking for one for Middlesborough away?!!

No, I did not want one for Middlesborough and with only 1100 points would probably never had a chance of a palace ticket unless they had let every season ticket holder have an equal chance. That would have been wrong. That does not take anything away from the argument for a transparent policy. i.e Is it always going to be the case that BHA consider fans in basically 3 brackets like they have this time, Withdean ST, Amex ST and Others.

If so, then accruing additional loyalty points for cup and away games is pointless and they might as well scrap them as they have helped no one get the most sort after tickets of the year.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
So it's the withdean crowd that will represent us in the away end.........brilliant!

Given that the last time we played at Selhurst it was open to season ticket holders in the main then I dont think the atmosphere will suffer. That was a great (and noisy) night out.

Besides I'm doing my bit for the disenfranchised by not getting a ticket.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I ain't justifying dropping from 1250 to 1000 a all. All I've asked is what would be a fairer way of doing it? The problem is there ain't one. QUOTE]

Yes there is. If your going to drop the points from 1330 to 1250, why not then to 1150, 1100 and so on. Instead these people are getting placed with people who haven't been to any aways or cup games this season but just bought a ST.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here