Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace reveal new stadium design plan featuring the latest retracting roof technology

Come of it , some of you on there give alot more than they get trust me . I come on here because i quite enjoy it , for all your knocking i dont mind it . I like some posters on here and i think its good to give you our slant of things before you start dissapearing up your own arses .

No problem with some of the Palace posters on here but most are just here for one reason, check out the moderating decisions forum and see how many have been banned recently, and getting banned from here takes some doing.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I think it does as you call our attencances Tinpot and we got 26K in the Prem, i never said your fans are shit But deffenitaly Plastic, and what makes me laugh is that you think there here to stay, Attendances and a new stadium doesnt make you any larger than we are, you get higher gates than, Sheffiled UTD and Wednesday, Charlton, does that mean your Larger than them? No.

So what was your 26k Fans in the prem then, they surely sound plastic

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Not the greatest example, after Christmas, f***ing Millwall, no doubt parts of the ground were closed because it was Millwall, and many wouldn't hve brought their kids cause it was Millwall, plus the fact many supporters did not know tickets were available, and it was so hit and miss for most games, after 10 years some gave up trying, and many point blank refused to spend £25 quid for a ticket on open stands in the middle of winter. Hardly makes them plastic fans.

You've also got to remember that is was not pay at the gtate at Withdean. So if in mid winter, the weather was fine, chances were it was too late to get a ticket, or if you wanted to go with friends, no chance of sitting together. There were so many factors that stopped people going to Withdean, and most of them valid.

The fact is Palace could not nearly fill your stadium against your biggest rivals. Selhurst is a shithole, I'll grant you that, but it's a covered shithole and local and a short distance for most of you, whereas Withdean in the winter was pot luck, so when it rained many supporters could of had an hour plus journey home, soaking wet, and that kept many away. Again, doesn't make them plastic supporters.

We are now mid table in the championship, and have sold out 18k tickets, with more to go in over the summer.

So as I say, when you get 10,000 season ticket holders, or ours drops below 10,000 come back and you might have an argument. But I'm sure when/if that ever happens, all us on here will be long gone.

Crystal Palace are a smaller club than Brighton. Just accept it. You've had your place for the past 15 years while we've been homeless, but now we have a covered stadium liuke everyone else, Palace are small fry compared to us...... I hear Leyton Orient need a new rival team...........
I've read all of this and digested every bit:thumbsup:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Once the playing fields were level......... we moved on and they called in Groupon.

Feb 14, 2010
leaving aside the banter, I really dont see why Palace want a new ground. They are not in Brighton situation where the historical ground was sold from under the club. They are not in a Liverpool situation where they need to expand. They are not even in a Millwall situation where areas of the ground had no roof and it was time to move on.

Without being shot for treachery, I like Selhurst. Its a good ground, that has a roof at every part of the ground and if they wanted to do it up a bit then fine.

A new ground did not suddenly mean that Millwall got 20,000 through the door every week and so why do Palace think a new ground will do it for them? Brighton are just lucky with their catchment area. Palace are in one of those cycles and the crowds will be back at Selhurst at some point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here