Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Every time they play us, they set up as if they are a non league side playing against a Premier League team in the cup. I know they keep scraping draws but it must be pretty demoralising for them.
That’s exactly what one of theirs said on the radio last night

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Absolutely battered them again on their own patch. Football v Pinball.
Second half. First half we were painfully slow and pedestrian.

But yes, must be depressing watching that turgid shit every week, hoping to make 11th for a change.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Anyone else think last night's policing was even more ridiculously heavy handed than usual? Hundreds of baseball capped drones, many with face coverings shoving people around at the slightest opportunity.
It's the Met innit! Double-hard bastards....and they are going to let you know it. They have always been that way.

I was talking to a Staffs copper at Villa Park after the promotion debacle game when we lost the title. Nice fella. During our chat, policing at games came up and I was talking about how fans were treated by the Met. He did make me chuckle when he said "nobody likes the Met".

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Second half. First half we were painfully slow and pedestrian.

But yes, must be depressing watching that turgid shit every week, hoping to make 11th for a change.
Weird we normally agree but I thought we were well on top all game apart from 2 5 mins spells..

Alwaysblue

Jul 19, 2018
It's the Met innit! Double-hard bastards....and they are going to let you know it. They have always been that way.

I was talking to a Staffs copper at Villa Park after the promotion debacle game when we lost the title. Nice fella. During our chat, policing at games came up and I was talking about how fans were treated by the Met. He did make me chuckle when he said "nobody likes the Met".
Yeah I've spoken to few coppers and yep they're said the met are worse police in the country

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Had to go through the ‘bus line’ of police to leave (left turn out of the ground). Obviously didn’t have the usual token, told the copper we were walking back to the car and were let through. Hugely disappointing lack of drama.

W3D

I'm Thirsty
Apr 21, 2021
Worthing

Some of last night's were British transport police, presumably getting in a bit of double bubble before xmas

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
So disappointing that after taking the lead just before half time, we basically sat back in the 2nd half, waiting for the inevitable. Atmosphere was poor as well, especially for this game, but when we get the same turgid stuff served up week after week, its not surprising. De Zerbi made subs that changed the game for the better, Roy made subs that made sure we were not going to win, which was very disappointing.
As for the police, my daughter works for Thames Valley Police, and is another that agree that the Met are in a class of their own. Doesnt matter who the games are between, they just have a permanent dislike of all away fans

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
So disappointing that after taking the lead just before half time, we basically sat back in the 2nd half, waiting for the inevitable. Atmosphere was poor as well, especially for this game, but when we get the same turgid stuff served up week after week, its not surprising. De Zerbi made subs that changed the game for the better, Roy made subs that made sure we were not going to win, which was very disappointing.
As for the police, my daughter works for Thames Valley Police, and is another that agree that the Met are in a class of their own. Doesnt matter who the games are between, they just have a permanent dislike of all away fans

Oi @eaglesdan - you can stop that right now - coming on here with your reasonable opinions :thumbsup:

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Dougal…where are you? Still pulling the andrex from your body parts following an onanistic festival of celebrating a draw with your biggest rivals?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Weird we normally agree but I thought we were well on top all game apart from 2 5 mins spells..
Yeah agree with that.
But i thought we hadn't made any decent opportunities, in the first half.

Looking back on the highlights I remembered Gross's and Adingra's on target shots.
Both made the keeper work.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yeah agree with that.
But i thought we hadn't made any decent opportunities, in the first half.

Looking back on the highlights I remembered Gross's and Adingra's on target shots.
Both made the keeper work.
Yes we didn’t create enough for our possession and play all match - as usual really. It’s very hard when there’s a disciplined wall in the way which was what the HOME side did last night again.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Yes we didn’t create enough for our possession and play all match - as usual really. It’s very hard when there’s a disciplined wall in the way which was what the HOME side did last night again.
there was a moment where the comentator mentioned that every single palace player was behind the ball, and the ball was well inside their half. It was a 10-0-0 formation for large parts of the game, so even with possesion its very hard to get through a 10 man defence. I do think though that we do need to sometimes just clear the ball in matches where we are facing a very packed defense and know that chances for us are going to be limited. Mistakes like the onme leading to their goal are going to be harder to overcome when we know they are going to shut up shop if they score

The "stop fannying around at the back" contingent do have a point in games like this.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Fair play mate - quck question - how the feck do you put up with that drum? - I honestly wouldn't be able to face that crap each week - that incessant whoa whoa crap and that drum.
They have to be the worst support in the league (of the 92). It must stifle any chance of any sort of proper old school atmosphere!

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
and yes...they WERE a disciplined wall. I watched the second half and thought the Palarse defended well...classic Roy really (and I don't mean that nastily to him, as he's a decent bloke)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Fair play mate - quck question - how the feck do you put up with that drum? - I honestly wouldn't be able to face that crap each week - that incessant whoa whoa crap and that drum.
They have to be the worst support in the league (of the 92). It must stifle any chance of any sort of proper old school atmosphere!
A mate of mine took me as a guest to a palace game last season ( first time I had been to Selhurst since The mcshane game ) and sat behind the goal next to the “ ultras” and yes there were some dicks as there are at the Amex , but actually they made some decent noise and got behind palace even though they were bloody awful that day.

one thing was surprising, there was no anti Brighton chants or any mention of us at all.

after the game we went into the lounge and most people I spoke to were actuallly complimentary about our style and team when I mentioned that I was a Brighton fan. Granted is was through gritted teeth but not all of them are knuckledraggers

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
and yes...they WERE a disciplined wall. I watched the second half and thought the Palarse defended well...classic Roy really (and I don't mean that nastily to him, as he's a decent bloke)
Yes they defended well for sure. But there was a clear lack of ambition, esp for the home team. I know we’re a little bit football snobby now but that was just horrendous. I remember us doing it in one of CH last games to Spurs (Erikson scored late) and I was honestly a bit embarrassed. At least show some intent to win… Their keeper getting booked at 1-1 at home v us says it all really.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Yes they defended well for sure. But there was a clear lack of ambition, esp for the home team. I know we’re a little bit football snobby now but that was just horrendous. I remember us doing it in one of CH last games to Spurs (Erikson scored late) and I was honestly a bit embarrassed. At least show some intent to win… Their keeper getting booked at 1-1 at home v us says it all really.
That CH game at Spurs was a low point for me also and it was when in my mind I thought it was time for the great man to move on.

In fairness to the Palace fans I think most of them know that that time arrived for them several weeks ago. Roy's a lovely man, but even with all of his experience he's clearly accepted that you can't polish a turd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here