Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Yes they defended well for sure. But there was a clear lack of ambition, esp for the home team. I know we’re a little bit football snobby now but that was just horrendous. I remember us doing it in one of CH last games to Spurs (Erikson scored late) and I was honestly a bit embarrassed. At least show some intent to win… Their keeper getting booked at 1-1 at home v us says it all really.
Agreed - it was very poor to watch them. They had about 4 minutes of attack in the second half 🤦‍♂️

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think it was great the Met were there in numbers - otherwise there would have been chaos with the “hard nuts” on both sides crapping their pants and running away from each other
Never forget the 5-0 - they absolutely made it mayhem outside and I was 15 or so and getting knocked into by shields whilst waiting for our coach. I think they often cause aggression with their OTT ‘policing’ tbh.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
A mate of mine took me as a guest to a palace game last season ( first time I had been to Selhurst since The mcshane game ) and sat behind the goal next to the “ ultras” and yes there were some dicks as there are at the Amex , but actually they made some decent noise and got behind palace even though they were bloody awful that day.

one thing was surprising, there was no anti Brighton chants or any mention of us at all.

after the game we went into the lounge and most people I spoke to were actuallly complimentary about our style and team when I mentioned that I was a Brighton fan. Granted is was through gritted teeth but not all of them are knuckledraggers
I don't suppose their alleged Ultras even know or care who they're playing.

theboybilly

Yes they defended well for sure. But there was a clear lack of ambition, esp for the home team. I know we’re a little bit football snobby now but that was just horrendous. I remember us doing it in one of CH last games to Spurs (Erikson scored late) and I was honestly a bit embarrassed. At least show some intent to win… Their keeper getting booked at 1-1 at home v us says it all really.
3 days before that defeat at Tottenham we had to endure Wolves fans chanting 'do you watch this every week?' after Chris Hughton left Glenn Murray to forage on his own while the rest defended for their lives in an ultra-negative but ultimately successful attempt at obtaining a 0-0 draw. It makes me shudder at what we had to watch then compared to now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
3 points off the relegation places now - it’s coming 😂😂😂 Happy Xmas all scummers
It’s why I wanted Luton to win today. But you know how this ends - a spawny run of anti football wins and they stay up - same as every year.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Nearly every Palace fan n Twitter calling for Hodgson to be sacked before their big 6 point relegation battle with Brentford. They all think they will get Cooper in, he’ll be given enough money in January to buy the players to turn the team around.

I can see a couple of problems there.
There’s absolutely no evidence that Cooper would go there, even if Prince Charming offered him the job after sacking his replacement Grandfather Roy.

Where will the money come from?
Not long ago, Prince Charming had the begging bowl out to try and raise the £45 million for the super duper new stand ( 6 years and counting,and not a brick laid).

The Yank ‘investors’ seem very reluctant to actually invest, and the club itself appears skint.
They do have assests to sell, Eze, Olise, Anderson, Guehi, but, selling any of them will weaken the team for the run in to the end of the season. Not many other players actually worth more than about £10 million, and they would have to be replaced by, at least, like for like.

This quite possibly could be their season that a lot of us have waited 10 years for.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Nearly every Palace fan n Twitter calling for Hodgson to be sacked before their big 6 point relegation battle with Brentford. They all think they will get Cooper in, he’ll be given enough money in January to buy the players to turn the team around.

I can see a couple of problems there.
There’s absolutely no evidence that Cooper would go there, even if Prince Charming offered him the job after sacking his replacement Grandfather Roy.

Where will the money come from?
Not long ago, Prince Charming had the begging bowl out to try and raise the £45 million for the super duper new stand ( 6 years and counting,and not a brick laid).

The Yank ‘investors’ seem very reluctant to actually invest, and the club itself appears skint.
They do have assests to sell, Eze, Olise, Anderson, Guehi, but, selling any of them will weaken the team for the run in to the end of the season. Not many other players actually worth more than about £10 million, and they would have to be replaced by, at least, like for like.

This quite possibly could be their season that a lot of us have waited 10 years for.
03-07u-burnslaugh.gif

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
3 days before that defeat at Tottenham we had to endure Wolves fans chanting 'do you watch this every week?' after Chris Hughton left Glenn Murray to forage on his own while the rest defended for their lives in an ultra-negative but ultimately successful attempt at obtaining a 0-0 draw. It makes me shudder at what we had to watch then compared to now.
That was the worst match I've ever had to endure. I found myself apologizing to a Wolves supporter for how bad it was

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They will be screwed if they go down..............oh dear

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Their starting XI is good enough to keep them up, but they don't seem to have much quality to replace them should they pick up a few injuries.
Keeping Olise, Eze, Guehi and Andersen fit and starting each game feels critical.

Between now and the end of Feb they will have played, Brentford, Sheffield United, Everton and Burnley.
Unless Palace win a couple of those games they will start sweating.

Fingers crossed.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Hodgson will do enough to keep them up.
Like Hughton, he knows how to get enough points to stay up.

It is a shocking waste of a relatively talented squad though.
Guehi, Eze, Olise, Anderson are very good players
Mitchell, Doucoure, Johnstone, Lerma are decent.

admittedly they have no depth, but even so, they really shouldn't be relying on antifootball , to grab enough points to just about stay up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here