palace away

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
It would have be a travesty had you won. Luckily good prevailed in the end. Murray's goal was priceless for all the shit he endured during the game. FFS Murray!!!

I'm not saying we would have deserved the win, but we were pretty close to it or even a draw and that says a lot based on the completely different quality of performance put in by both sides.

Murray deserved a goal and showed great class in the way he didn't attempt a celebration - earned a lot of respect from myself and many others.

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
This thread is cringey as f***.

I have to agree with you there.

What started off as a readable thread turns in to Cheeky Monkey getting himself off on attendance figures like a horny Rainman.

Back on topic, with the Met involved you'll get a maximum of 3000 tickets, no man's land either side of you & Palace fans at both ends of the stand.

Yalom

Oct 3, 2011
Listen thick f*ck. We've got enough Palace pr*cks on here saying the same rubbish, we don't need a jcl like you coming on here trying to wind us up, go back to your playpen and shut the f*ck up.

I'll be off as soon as the weed fans get off our boards saying what a massive club you are and how you're the big boys in town etc etc. All sounds so hollow since last Tuesday, yet here you still are deluding yourselves that the bubble hasn't burst. Your manager clearly doesn't agree, according to the article these quotes are from (after the Ippo game):

"Ipswich were the better team. They had more quality, they were quicker and they were stronger than us."

"They were Premier League players against what looked like League One players. We had no chance."

"...we were not as strong as the opposition. Technically we were not as good as the opposition, and individually we were not good enough."

"We have got to change... maybe we need some new players."

"...it is not good enough at the moment."

"We were second best with everything today; it looked like we were playing against a higher division team."

"...it's embarrassing."

I can't post the link because your board won't let me until I've done 20 posts, but it's from seagulls.co.uk, article "Poyet: Not Good Enough"

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I'll be off as soon as the weed fans get off our boards saying what a massive club you are and how you're the big boys in town etc etc. All sounds so hollow since last Tuesday, yet here you still are deluding yourselves that the bubble hasn't burst. Your manager clearly doesn't agree, according to the article these quotes are from (after the Ippo game):

"Ipswich were the better team. They had more quality, they were quicker and they were stronger than us."

"They were Premier League players against what looked like League One players. We had no chance."

"...we were not as strong as the opposition. Technically we were not as good as the opposition, and individually we were not good enough."

"We have got to change... maybe we need some new players."

"...it is not good enough at the moment."

"We were second best with everything today; it looked like we were playing against a higher division team."

"...it's embarrassing."

I can't post the link because your board won't let me until I've done 20 posts, but it's from seagulls.co.uk, article "Poyet: Not Good Enough"

I don't think many disagree with gus on this. He was comparing us to the Ipswich team, and we don't hit the necessary standards.

So you could say 'the bubble has burst', or 'the wheels are coming off', and in reality it is a wakeup call.

But Gus has now committed to the club ( was there a secret approach from Blackburn? ), and I'm sure sooner rather than later he'll be inflating a new bubble, and buying new wheels.

Nothing to panic about really.

Yalom

Oct 3, 2011
I don't think many disagree with gus on this. He was comparing us to the Ipswich team, and we don't hit the necessary standards.

So you could say 'the bubble has burst', or 'the wheels are coming off', and in reality it is a wakeup call.

But Gus has now committed to the club ( was there a secret approach from Blackburn? ), and I'm sure sooner rather than later he'll be inflating a new bubble, and buying new wheels.

Nothing to panic about really.

Banter aside, I don't think recent results will necessarily mean your season turns to dust. Poyet's clearly a good manager and should be able to turn things round, but he also obviously has doubts about the strength in depth of your squad, judging by those quotes.

It's the first time in a while you lot have had a shaky spell and it will be an interesting test of your club to see if and when you come out of it. For the record, I predicted you would have a good first season back in this division and probably end in the top half. For us, midtable would be progress but I expect us to be pushing for the playoffs again in the next 2 or 3 seasons if Dougie's given the time and resources to continue what he's building.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
f***ing hell ! This is like the playground!! There have some twattish comments from both sides on this thread!

But like it or not having a nicer ground and more season ticket holders does not make us "bigger" than Palace. Look at the facts:-

1) Ground - There's is bigger than ours but that could change soon
2) Attendances - Yep we will win that one this season. But that has to be the first time for 20 years at least
3) Squad - They have been in the top two divisions for ages so have built up a strong squad, wheras we have some class players added to a League One squad. Again this could change in a saeson or two.
3) Acadamy - They seem to have one of the best in the division whereas we have little infrastructure behind the first team for generations. Ours maybe as good but not for at lest 2 years after it is built.

Conclusion? Well I think they are ahead of us at the moment but IMHO we are fast catching them.

Anyway back to the original point of this thread. If it is 2500 how many loyalty points do you think will be needed?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Banter aside, I don't think recent results will necessarily mean your season turns to dust. Poyet's clearly a good manager and should be able to turn things round, but he also obviously has doubts about the strength in depth of your squad, judging by those quotes.

It's the first time in a while you lot have had a shaky spell and it will be an interesting test of your club to see if and when you come out of it. For the record, I predicted you would have a good first season back in this division and probably end in the top half. For us, midtable would be progress but I expect us to be pushing for the playoffs again in the next 2 or 3 seasons if Dougie's given the time and resources to continue what he's building.

Stop being so f***ing sensible!

I agree with all of that.

Yalom

Oct 3, 2011
f***ing hell ! This is like the playground!! There have some twattish comments from both sides on this thread!

But like it or not having a nicer ground and more season ticket holders does not make us "bigger" than Palace. Look at the facts:-

1) Ground - There's is bigger than ours but that could change soon
2) Attendances - Yep we will win that one this season. But that has to be the first time for 20 years at least
3) Squad - They have been in the top two divisions for ages so have built up a strong squad, wheras we have some class players added to a League One squad. Again this could change in a saeson or two.
3) Acadamy - They seem to have one of the best in the division whereas we have little infrastructure behind the first team for generations. Ours maybe as good but not for at lest 2 years after it is built.

Conclusion? Well I think they are ahead of us at the moment but IMHO we are fast catching them.

Anyway back to the original point of this thread. If it is 2500 how many loyalty points do you think will be needed?

Very fair post, hard to disagree. Can you contact BHA & ask them what the deal is for getting tickets for the game at Selhurst?

Yalom

Oct 3, 2011
Stop being so f***ing sensible!

I agree with all of that.

Sorry, I realise I was going against the flow of the thread but couldn't help myself :mad:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Eagle_83;4431014 for all the shit he endured during the game. FFS Murray!!![/QUOTE said:
I thought he got off very lightly?

Is my hearing going downhill?

I heard that....................................pardon?

Yalom

Oct 3, 2011
Listen thick f*ck. We've got enough Palace pr*cks on here saying the same rubbish, we don't need a jcl like you coming on here trying to wind us up, go back to your playpen and shut the f*ck up.

Ooh get you, proper little keyboard warrior aren't you? Aren't you missing Peppa Pig?

We can't really complain about other clubs having plastic fans...

Good point. We all get them but you have to admit you get more than your fair share, for various reasons.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
christ,i asked a simple question!!!!,3000 would be tight for some imo,just hope ive got a enough pointss
,although,ive got a feeling loads will travel either way

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We all get them but you have to admit you get more than your fair share, for various reasons.

Please enlighten us with the demographic break down of Selhurst Park crowds and Amex crowds on which you have based this statement and explain what these 'various reasons' are. To make the comment that you have above I'm guessing you know, to a fairly presice figure, the percentage of plastics in our 20k crowds, and conversely have a detailed knowledge on how many of those seats sold at your ground are sold to aforementioned plastics. You would also know, I should imagine, the local demograhic and are thus able to ascertain exactly how many people who are football fans living in the Sussex and SE postcode areas are likely to be supporting Brighton/Palace/Man Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs etc.

Idiot.

Yalom

Oct 3, 2011
We can't really complain about other clubs having plastic fans...

Please enlighten us with the demographic break down of Selhurst Park crowds and Amex crowds on which you have based this statement and explain what these 'various reasons' are. To make the comment that you have above I'm guessing you know, to a fairly presice figure, the percentage of plastics in our 20k crowds, and conversely have a detailed knowledge on how many of those seats sold at your ground are sold to aforementioned plastics. You would also know, I should imagine, the local demograhic and are thus able to ascertain exactly how many people who are football fans living in the Sussex and SE postcode areas are likely to be supporting Brighton/Palace/Man Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs etc.

Idiot.

I am able to make an estimate based on attending matches and observing the crowd, knowing Brighton supporters and discussing the issue with them and reading your boards. If you did the same you'd realise many of your own fans make the same assessment as I do and that actually, you're the idiot if you think there's the same number of plastics at Selhurst as there are at the Spandex.

If you're still so sure I'm wrong see the quote from rad above as an example of what your fans think.

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
I am able to make an estimate based on attending matches and observing the crowd, knowing Brighton supporters and discussing the issue with them and reading your boards. If you did the same you'd realise many of your own fans make the same assessment as I do and that actually, you're the idiot if you think there's the same number of plastics at Selhurst as there are at the Spandex.

If you're still so sure I'm wrong see the quote from rad above as an example of what your fans think.

Every club has plastic fans. But how do you know whether we have thousands or hundreds? You just don't unless you've asked every single fan that turns at at the Amex.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
christ,i asked a simple question!!!!,3000 would be tight for some imo,

And my reply to you was 2,500 tickets which I still believe is the intention by the owners, obviously there was calls from Palace fans to only allocate the same number as Palace fans were understandably allocated at the Amex, the owners made it quite clear that they will obviously want to sell as many tickets for the match as possible and therefore would only limit the tickets to 2,500 if the remaining tickets in the AW Stand were taken up by Palace fans, if that wasn't to happen I believe the maximum would be 4,500 but if I were you I'd work on the assumption of the lower figure and hope that an additional 500 or so are released after the initial allocation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports