Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

palace away

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Are Palace doing any tickets for a £10er type things before our match with them, could be worth doing to get on their data base (if they have such a thing).

:D

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
And my reply to you was 2,500 tickets which I still believe is the intention by the owners, obviously there was calls from Palace fans to only allocate the same number as Palace fans were understandably allocated at the Amex, the owners made it quite clear that they will obviously want to sell as many tickets for the match as possible and therefore would only limit the tickets to 2,500 if the remaining tickets in the AW Stand were taken up by Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea fans, if that wasn't to happen I believe the maximum would be 4,500 but if I were you I'd work on the assumption of the lower figure and hope that an additional 500 or so are released after the initial allocation.

Business as usual for Palace home matches I see!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
More fool you then for paying so much, totally over priced.

We can afford it. Was looking at Swansea's bowl stadium on MOTD the other evening, which cost a quarter of the Amex build price and, as nice as it is in many ways, it has a lot of exposed concrete. Maybe that's what we paid the extra 75 million for - less exposed concrete.

Yalom

Oct 3, 2011
Every club has plastic fans. But how do you know whether we have thousands or hundreds? You just don't unless you've asked every single fan that turns at at the Amex.

I've read enough comments on here, as well as speaking to Brighton fans I know, to understand that many of your jcl's are supporting you as a second club to their prem first team.

If I could find that picture of the kid in a BHA kit & a Liverpool backpack I'd post it as an example :annoyed:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If I could find that picture of the kid in a BHA kit & a Liverpool backpack I'd post it as an example :annoyed:

Nah, don't worry too much about that one. Try the kiddy in the Man Utd clobber on Catona's left, but of course he's a complete one-off isn't he? Probably the only plastic fan ever seen at Selhurst...ever! :thumbsup:

can.jpg

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Plastic and JCL. If your a real fan, you will support you club through thick and thin. What annoys me is you lot think your a bigger club as you have more fans when in reality is cause you have a new stadium and a promotion to a big league. It will drop soon, especially as the results are going downhill and the novelty of the stadium/league wears off.

So you'd be basically the same as us then?

The thing is, neither Palace nor Brighton have 25,000 die hard fans. In fact, there's only about 10 clubs in the country that do. But so what? Some people have other things in their lives than just football. I go to more games now since we got the Amex than I did for the last few years at Withdean, but less games than I used to at the Goldstone and in the early Withdean years. Does that make me a plastic? No it doesn't. You are always going to get some fans that are more devoted than others, if you didn't it would all be a bit pointless- would you rather see Palace in the Premier League playing in front of 12,000 die-hard fans, or would you rather it was a sellout?

I'd much rather the seats were filled personally, even if that does involve a few hangers-on and people who will dissappear if we start doing badly. It's just the way it works.

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Anybody remember how many we took for the game in October 2002? I seem to remember that was a Saturday 3.00pm Kick off.
I reckon a Tuesday game will reduce the interest in the game, due to people's work commitments. Would be nice to take at least 4,000 so we can out-sing the Pikeys in their Slum...!!

It's Palace mate . . . last time we played them on a Tuesday night we had 5000+ there. If it was played at 2am in the morning we would have 5000+ there. Palace away if you're a proper Brighton fan you don't miss it!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's Palace mate . . . last time we played them on a Tuesday night we had 5000+ there. If it was played at 2am in the morning we would have 5000+ there. Palace away if you're a proper Brighton fan you don't miss it!

Did we? I thought it was a lot less than that.

Yalom

Oct 3, 2011
Nah, don't worry too much about that one. Try the kiddy in the Man Utd clobber on Catona's left, but of course he's a complete one-off isn't he? Probably the only plastic fan ever seen at Selhurst...ever! :thumbsup:

In fact scrap that, the kiddie just above Matthew Simmonds is wearing a Man Utd shirt as well! :lolol:

I know it's been a long time since you were in the top division, but we were playing Man Utd. They're not plastic Palace fans, they're away fans who couldn't get a ticket in their area.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Why is the kick off for this match 8pm? & not 19.45 as normal. is it so all the coaches have time to arrive from manchester.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham

I suggest you might have had too much drink and were seeing double. The last time we played Palace away was on a Tuesday night (and what a night!) and we had around 2500 as that is all we were allocated. Even in 2002 when we had the whole arthur wait I would suggest there were a shade under 5000.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

What's to say that kid wasn't a Liverpool fan being slowly turned to a Brighton fan? Why is he immediately used an example of "plastic" without knowing anything about him? Come Christmas he will no doubt have a Brighton backpack to replace the Liverpool one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here