Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace after Buckley. (according to Palace journo)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Again, if the price is right, but only if Palace's, or any other club's, bid meets our valuation.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
he will have to run it by BW first

yes I know it does but until the ink is dry on a contract why worry
yes I do like Sunderland .....................long before our ex-manager went there but I am and always will be Albion till I die

You've made three comments already on a subject that you don't think was worth mentioning.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Is he a Pulis type of player? That is, having MMA skills and a Rugby Union background (territory at all costs, with hoofed clearances to touch).

Pulis has always played with two direct wingers. E.g. Pennant, Etherington, Puncheon, Bolasie... From what I've seen he'd suit Pulis down to the ground.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
IMHO it would be a huge mistake to sell him now. I don't have a problem with the players we have sold so far and although I'd rather keep Bridcutt, I can see the potential business sense, plus he's asked to leave. Can't help feeling we will need 'Big Willy' for the run in to the end of the season. Just relying on Kaz & Solly won't be enough, even if Conway does come back. Buckley offers us something different to what we already have, when injury free and on form. He hasn't become a crap player overnight. To summarise, I'd be gutted regardless of who we might sell him to.

This ! For me Solly will be good in future years , but at Derby it showed how naive he was. He didnt seem capable of finding the space that Buckley does. There again this may have been due to the fact that the Derby fullback was good at closing that down , but Buckley however bad always seems to find that space and the ability to "ghost" past players .

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If and its a big IF both CMS and Hoskins can get back to their best I would sooner have either of them supporting Ulloa assuming he stays, in preference to Buckley.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Really did rate him first season but has gradually gone down hill and this season very very poor (maybe due to injury fitness injury etc). I would be very happy with £2m at present but if he got back his form he's worth much more so difficult decision.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Pulis has always played with two direct wingers. E.g. Pennant, Etherington, Puncheon, Bolasie... From what I've seen he'd suit Pulis down to the ground.

If Bolassie leaves (is there potential interest from Fiorentina ?) you need Buckley as a replacement. The fee for Bolassie would cover the fee for Buckley.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
If Bolassie leaves (is there potential interest from Fiorentina ?) you need Buckley as a replacement. The fee for Bolassie would cover the fee for Buckley.

Not sure how concrete the interest for Bolasie from Fiorentina is. Plus he's got a young kid and he's settled in the area so it'd be a big move for him. He'll probably get a new contract out of it as he's earning bugger all at the minute considering he's a Premier League winger. It'd probably take £4/5m for us to sell him so it'd easily cover the fee for Buckley. Not sure I'm keen on swapping Bolasie for Buckley though. Will undoubtedly has a better shot than Bolasie but I think Yannick is a better player overall.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
So £3.5M if he goes to Sunderland , £2.5M if he goes to Palace.

Admit it Soggy, despite your bravado, deep down you're crapping yourself at the thought of us staying up, you know with Pulis in charge we have a decent chance of survival, anyone of 3 from 11 teams could go down.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
His injury 'problems' are being over-egged, IMO. 29 matches in his first year with us, 35 last season. For a winger playing in a system that often only required one orthodox wide man that really isn't too bad. Admittedly this year has been frustrating but he's still played 18 games. Don't quite get the desire some have to sell our players - particularly ones that are match-winners who probably have the technical and physical attributes to play in the top flight (and one of the very few quick players we have!). He still has the ability to drive us into the play-offs.

I think that stretches the definition of 'played'. He's ambled slowly around a pitch for 14-15 of thos games.
While I think he's a brilliant, I think £2m for him after one goal and his issues this season wouldn't be too bad a deal

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
This ! For me Solly will be good in future years , but at Derby it showed how naive he was. He didnt seem capable of finding the space that Buckley does. There again this may have been due to the fact that the Derby fullback was good at closing that down , but Buckley however bad always seems to find that space and the ability to "ghost" past players .

When fit and on form Buckley is excellent at creating space but this season seems to have lost both that initial 5 yards of pace as well as his outright speed that were pivotal to his game. Doesn't help that he isn't being allowed to hug the touchlines.

I agree that Solly March is worth persevering with. Maybe a bit harsh to judge his cameo at Derby because his arrival on the pitch was around the time of their goal and they parked the bus after that, so much of the space he could have enjoyed if Oscar had made his substitutions earlier had already gone. Plus Derby (with help from the Ref) closed the game down with all sorts of time wasting and gamesmanship. Plus it didn't help we kept losing possession by aimlessly hoofing the ball upfield or wastefully losing it into touch. Didn't really allow March much chance to impress.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here