Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace after Buckley. (according to Palace journo)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A bidding war is a good thing. He's yours for £2.5 million, £3.5m if you stay up.

So £3.5M if he goes to Sunderland , £2.5M if he goes to Palace.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
2m is a good deal. He's played in 18 out of 28 competitive games and was probably not 100% in most of them. We miss Conway far more right now.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
And where will he fit into their 68 man squad or however many it is they have now?

I think the plan is to recruit players to keep them in the Championship next season and avoid what Wolves did.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
2m is a good deal. He's played in 18 out of 28 competitive games and was probably not 100% in most of them. We miss Conway far more right now.

We do miss Conway, but we desperately need some pace in this team, selling our fastest player isn't going to resolve the situation.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I would sell if the bid tops £3million - maybe less if his injury problems are likely to be a recurring theme.

Would be a £2million profit on a player who has been inconsistent and struggles with injuries and does not seem to fit into Oscar Garcia's approach which seems to favour more central players than out and out wingers.

That isn't to say I don't rate/like Buckley. I do. But that sort of fee would be a club record, could be part used to tackle the annual losses and reinvested in the squad. Also, likely to be a decent earner, so wages could be reinvested elsewhere.

Happy if he stays. Won't be too bothered if he goes, for the right price.

Totally agree with all of this. I appreciate his value to the squad, and he can be devastating, but I would be halfway to Torremolinos by now if they offered £3m.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Hopefully with teams showing an interest in him it might make him up his game a bit. Been poor this season IMO & £2m+ would be a great price for him & allow us to bring decent reinforcements in.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
IMHO it would be a huge mistake to sell him now. I don't have a problem with the players we have sold so far and although I'd rather keep Bridcutt, I can see the potential business sense, plus he's asked to leave. Can't help feeling we will need 'Big Willy' for the run in to the end of the season. Just relying on Kaz & Solly won't be enough, even if Conway does come back. Buckley offers us something different to what we already have, when injury free and on form. He hasn't become a crap player overnight. To summarise, I'd be gutted regardless of who we might sell him to.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Hopefully with teams showing an interest in him it might make him up his game a bit. Been poor this season IMO & £2m+ would be a great price for him & allow us to bring decent reinforcements in.

Not great this season but he's often been used in the wrong position. A fit Buckley, playing on the wing, with his pace, is a huge asset to the team. Remember how many times he destroyed full-backs last seaon? He will be difficult to replace if he goes.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Agent Buckley, you know what to do. Get in there, f*** em up and come out again. Good luck

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Swap for Jedinak or Murray if Ulloa goes, anyone?

There is no way Palace would sell Jedinak to anyone if they had a choice, yet alone loan him out. Jedinak's sale would end any chance of survival in the Premier League which puts his value to Palace at an astronomically high figure. Buckley for Murray is almost as laughable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here