Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The runners and riders are up on the Live timing feed for the Centurion SDW100 with our own [MENTION=21215]dazzer666[/MENTION] in there somewhere..

Jealous!

http://www.centurionrunning.com/live/2016-sdw100-live/

Good Luck Dazzer.. Don't succumb to cup cakes at Saddlescombe! (maybe just one!) and smash through that 70mile mark!

The Pembury tribe will be around Washington/Chanctonbury Ring area somewhere giving you all support..

Yes Good luck Dazzer. I'll be following your progress online whilst drinking and watching cricket and football on the telly.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Had my first visit to the Physio Rooms this evening, as expected hamstring is particularly tight, so no football for a while and no speed work.

That rules me out of Park Run this week and most probably next. Physio said it could take 6/8 weeks before it's fully healed, but I can run short slower paced runs, so that will be me until just before Phoenix, where I'll try and ramp up training to get close to the elusive sub 40 10k.

Does this mean You Are The Weakest Link? You shouldn't do it as a 2.5K sprint will not be good for you but even if you ran a slower pace you should be up with the team average. Let us know what you are thinking.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The runners and riders are up on the Live timing feed for the Centurion SDW100 with our own [MENTION=21215]dazzer666[/MENTION] in there somewhere..

Jealous!

Good Luck Dazzer.. Don't succumb to cup cakes at Saddlescombe! (maybe just one!) and smash through that 70mile mark!

The Pembury tribe will be around Washington/Chanctonbury Ring area somewhere giving you all support..

100 miles... and it ends in Eastbourne - I expect he'll feel like retiring by the time he gets there, so kind of appropriate.

Absolute nutter doing that sort of distance!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Does this mean You Are The Weakest Link? You shouldn't do it as a 2.5K sprint will not be good for you but even if you ran a slower pace you should be up with the team average. Let us know what you are thinking.

Is it the 22nd or 29th June? Either date I should be fine, I won't be at my best but I'll be around the 21 minute mark based on this weeks runs.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Jealous!

Yep, good luck [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] hope you have a great run.

Talking of distance nutters I sometimes post on a Facebook group called Did You Run Today? One of the guys on there, Tom Crockford has just announced he's going to try and set a world record by running 500 miles non stop in October. Completely bonkers. I'll post his route and site when it's up.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yep, good luck [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] hope you have a great run.

Talking of distance nutters I sometimes post on a Facebook group called Did You Run Today? One of the guys on there, Tom Crockford has just announced he's going to try and set a world record by running 500 miles non stop in October. Completely bonkers. I'll post his route and site when it's up.

Non-stop? That's impossible, surely?

I'm amazed at these guys who are en route to Shoreham-by-Sea. Absolutely bonkers and a bit Sean Conway-esq: http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news...king_for_epic_race_which_begins_in_Worcester/

Good luck for the SDW100, [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thanks chaps........appreciate it. I'm no 164. I'll have a pacer with me from Washington onwards so someone to poke me with a stick if I stop. Just aiming not to f*** it up this year......

One of the entrants, Mark Fox, started at the track in Eastbourne this evening. He's aiming to get to Winchester early Saturday morning, whereupon he will turn round, join the race start and run back to Eastbourne again. He did the same a few weeks ago at the Thames Path 100, running a negative split into the bargain (he has to make the cut-off for the main race). I am hoping not to find out what it feels like to be overtaken by a bloke that's already run 150 miles or more.......it's lunacy....!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Thanks chaps........appreciate it. I'm no 164. I'll have a pacer with me from Washington onwards so someone to poke me with a stick if I stop. Just aiming not to f*** it up this year......

One of the entrants, Mark Fox, started at the track in Eastbourne this evening. He's aiming to get to Winchester early Saturday morning, whereupon he will turn round, join the race start and run back to Eastbourne again. He did the same a few weeks ago at the Thames Path 100, running a negative split into the bargain (he has to make the cut-off for the main race). I am hoping not to find out what it feels like to be overtaken by a bloke that's already run 150 miles or more.......it's lunacy....!

You ultra runners are all nuts!!!

Back in the world of sanity I managed a 10k training run in 48.59 tonight. Last year's race time at Phoenix was 50.55. Knock off the traditional 3-4 minutes for race adrenaline, add in a months more training and I'm still probably a little way off knocky but will at least be in the mix for a 45 with a bit of luck.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

When I was at University, one of my tutors ran the London Marathon course in reverse before the actual race, tossing a pancake the whole way around. When he got to the start line, he carried on, and went back from where he came from, still tossing the pancake! Crazy.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly

Just get it done dazzer!..You dont want to do it again for a year or two.. Get past washington..the first half done and its all behind you. Take it easy and relax and onto Southese.. Dont think about it..its all behind you..Up a little bit then home..

Talking about doubles.. The great Mimi Anderson did Spartathlon twice..raced it from Athens then back again...Pretty special.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
You ultra runners are all nuts!!!

Back in the world of sanity I managed a 10k training run in 48.59 tonight. Last year's race time at Phoenix was 50.55. Knock off the traditional 3-4 minutes for race adrenaline, add in a months more training and I'm still probably a little way off knocky but will at least be in the mix for a 45 with a bit of luck.

Good improvement on last year and I am privileged to be your target. :guns:

However, having been shot down once by you at the Brighton Marathon I intend to perform better this time. Last year I sweated my way to 44:27 after 3 days drinking in Cardiff for the First Ashes Test. This year I am getting back to peak running and will be after a sub 43. Only injury or overtraining will stop me, which means to ignore the superman feeling I currently have and to train within the zones of the training plan.

Victor gets the first beers!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Good improvement on last year and I am privileged to be your target. :guns:

However, having been shot down once by you at the Brighton Marathon I intend to perform better this time. Last year I sweated my way to 44:27 after 3 days drinking in Cardiff for the First Ashes Test. This year I am getting back to peak running and will be after a sub 43. Only injury or overtraining will stop me, which means to ignore the superman feeling I currently have and to train within the zones of the training plan.

Victor gets the first beers!

It's a deal!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Might have over done it last night, ran 9k along the seafront after work but should have stopped around the 4 mile mark. Hamstring feels a bit tight today, so no running today.

Eventful run saw a fight between a reasonable and unreasonable tramp then popped into grab a lucozade straight after the run, from the wine shop in Richardson Road and the old Indian fella had clearly dropped his hat moments before I walked in. It was one of the most disgusting farts I've smelt for a long time. Good job it was an easy paced run otherwise I would have been Pat & Mick without a doubt.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Good luck [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] - look forward to hearing about your success.

Back to Hove Park tomorrow - anyone else or are you joining 'serial parkrun adulterer' [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] at Worthing?

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
3.7 miles this morning before work. First time I've ever been out early and I rather enjoyed it thank you very much.
I agree, I often set out between five and six, sets me up for the day. Better when it's light in mornings than winter months though.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good luck [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] - look forward to hearing about your success.

Back to Hove Park tomorrow - anyone else or are you joining 'serial parkrun adulterer' [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] at Worthing?

See you there. I'm Hove Park till I die.
[MENTION=67]Curious Orange[/MENTION] you should get back to the coast and the refreshing sea breeze. Loved running this week and feeling the heat in the legs. Seemed to give them more flexibility afterwards for the stretching on the beach. Definitely good for the ageing legs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here