Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Ran the Kings Lynn 10k
Official time 37.19!! PB by 50 sec and beat last year by 75 sec for 59th place out of 2,100 . First 4 miles were good, dipped mile 5 but dug in the last 2k to smash my time, played upto the crowd on the run in but it's what these events are about. Such a good event loved it!!!

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1149052470

Amazing running. That's almost exactly my 5k PB X2. No way could I repeat that speed again over another 5k.

Massively impressed.

I've got a number of 10k events from June-Nov

Worthing 10k June
Phoenix 10k July
Arena 80 10k September
Brooks 10k November

Hoping for sub 38 by Brooks.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Amazing running. That's almost exactly my 5k PB X2. No way could I repeat that speed again over another 5k.

Massively impressed.

I've got a number of 10k events from June-Nov

Worthing 10k June
Phoenix 10k July
Arena 80 10k September
Brooks 10k November

Hoping for sub 38 by Brooks.

Thanks bud! Hope the holiday is good! Chuffed to bits like u said but the only thing that I could of done different was focused in Mile 5, goes through the Parkrun park and just drifted for a few minutes. Which cost me at least12 seconds. But overall so pleased

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Thanks bud! Hope the holiday is good! Chuffed to bits like u said but the only thing that I could of done different was focused in Mile 5, goes through the Parkrun park and just drifted for a few minutes. Which cost me at least12 seconds. But overall so pleased

Well done: a PB speaks for itself and PB by 50 secs shouts for itself! Could be the start of a really good summer's running................

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Sounds like it was just after the official photographer. I'll message him and ask him anyway though :)

You've described trail running to a tee.........to the point I tripped up as well, at 25m. Gashed my knee but no real drama (or photos)

I'm addicted. Have changed plan for next year. London Marathon place would have cost the Martlets £350. I'm not prepared to do that. Have entered on ballot and will fundraise separately if one of the lucky 5%. Not bothered if fail to get in as will do the Steyning Stinger and Three Forts in 2017.

The event photos are the best I've had in 11 years. I'll have to change my name from knocky1 to smiley1. The Himalayan sun/ head towel worked brilliantly (the wife's towel hair turban)and in the sprint run in I got both feet of the ground at the same time. Not bad for mile 27. No shots of the horizontal dive unfortunately.

http://gallery.sussexsportphotography.com/advsearch.tlx?advsearchid=1462267845 397

So planning to knock a mere 12 minutes off next year and enjoy a sub 5 hour. **** knows how you and Pembury run the 50 and 100 mile runs.:bowdown:

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
So - what races are you 'peaking' for over the summer? (We'll rule out the Olympics.)

For me it's the Worthing 10k the Brighton Phoenix 10k, with parkruns as a side order.

Definitely Phoenix, probably Worthing - did both last year so would like to find some new events as well. Looks like off road Is becoming all the rage!

Also looking now at autumn. Very tempted by Way to Hastings 16 miles (16 Oct), like the sound of the Denbies Bacchus HM/Full (11 Sep) but £46 seems a bit steep and then of course Barns Green (25 Sep) - can I persuade myself to do it again - maybe if there is a strong NSC contingent? Any other HM recommendations for later in the year?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So - what races are you 'peaking' for over the summer? (We'll rule out the Olympics.)

For me it's the Worthing 10k the Brighton Phoenix 10k, with parkruns as a side order.

South Downs Way 100 mile in June. Failed miserably last year, hoping to have one more go at it but need to get through the next 3 weeks training unscathed first. Expecting to another half a dozen marathons and a couple of baby ultras before the end of the year too.

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly

Just going keep things ticking over until next year, so a couple of marathons, a solid 38 ish at Phoenix then Barns Green. Hopefully add a couple unsupported 50 milers if i have a free day or two.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Definitely Phoenix, probably Worthing - did both last year so would like to find some new events as well. Looks like off road Is becoming all the rage!

Also looking now at autumn. Very tempted by Way to Hastings 16 miles (16 Oct), like the sound of the Denbies Bacchus HM/Full (11 Sep) but £46 seems a bit steep and then of course Barns Green (25 Sep) - can I persuade myself to do it again - maybe if there is a strong NSC contingent? Any other HM recommendations for later in the year?

Well, I'm signed up for Barns Green again - unfinished business after last years debacle!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Phoenix 10K and Bright10 already entered. Considering Barnes Green but depends on if I can get the day "off" from mini football.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Really not sure about upcomgin races. Phoenix, maybe Worthing 10k and Barnes Green again (really liked it last time out). I'm quite tempted by Beachy Head in October, but we'll see.

My main problem is a bit of a lack of running mojo after Brighton and London. Second time out since London this morning, and it was OK, but a bit of a struggle. Can't put my finger on why, exactly – I think I need a parkrun fix to pick me up a bit.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1153245980

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Two in the diary for me, North Downs Way half in July, and Reigate half in September. First half marathons in 8 years or so and following a proper programme for these for the first time ever. Only a couple of weeks in and it's killing me!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just had my most enjoyable run since I started again.

I got to the bottom of the hill I live on and instead of turning right to do my usual, and planned, 6 and a bit mile loop, I turned left and went up through Findon Village and kept climbing up to the top of Cissbury before barrelling down again in that sort-of-out-of-control way where you couldn't stop even if you wanted to and there are hazards like big stones, divots and rabbit holes with nearly every step.

I know [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] always extols the virtues of the trails over roads and he is quite correct. I'll be doing a lot more trails from now once again.

Finally, what an amazing day it is out there!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I think I'll join a fair few others by entering the Barns Green half in September. I've never run it before so keen to give it a go.

Back from a 12 night all-inclusive holiday with 5 lbs gained, need the majority of that to be shifted by the Worthing 10k early June.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've had enough time since the horrific nightmare which was the Brighton half (my first and last ever half). The Worthing 10k is tempting me as I really don't want to throw away my running shoes. I went for a 5k run and it was already difficult which was a real surprise.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anyone looking for a cracking trail half or full marathon should look at the Farnham Pilgrim in September. Change of scenery from the South Downs to the North Downs, but excellent event, very well organised with a pub across the road from the finish :-D

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here