Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2023/2024

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Hard Knocks a good watch this week seeing Miami spunk a two touchdown lead in the last couple of minutes...

Jury's out for me on Mc Daniel, leaning towards he's an irritating prick :)

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Hard Knocks a good watch this week seeing Miami spunk a two touchdown lead in the last couple of minutes...

Bills play Dolphins in Miami during the last weekend of the season, that game could easily end up being for the division title... I'd love to see my Bills beat Miami and keep them from winning the AFC East.

Bills have a huge game coming up at home this weekend vs Dallas, really looking forward to that one, we only get them at home every 8 years and it seems like the stadium is always extra amped of for them. Dallas in the running for the 1 seed in the NFC and the Bills needing every win they can get just to get in the playoffs, going to be a fun one.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bills play Dolphins in Miami during the last weekend of the season, that game could easily end up being for the division title... I'd love to see my Bills beat Miami and keep them from winning the AFC East.

Bills have a huge game coming up at home this weekend vs Dallas, really looking forward to that one, we only get them at home every 8 years and it seems like the stadium is always extra amped of for them. Dallas in the running for the 1 seed in the NFC and the Bills needing every win they can get just to get in the playoffs, going to be a fun one.
Given how poor the Bills have been, it would be a bit ironic to see them go all the way to the Super Bowl, even via wild card….

Dallas is huge.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

Its that Ivy League entitlement innit?! 😜

Completely left field...but, while the Dolphins are being talked about, my missus and 2 boys are heading there Sunday for all the tailgating etc, and hoping to pick up cheap tickets for the game if they can. My youngest is a huge fins fan, so it would be great if they can get in. Then, on Monday, my eldest son has an internship interview at a training facility in Miami which Tyreek Hill uses - along with loads of other NFL / MLB / NHL / NBA players. Really excited for the potential opportunity he has to get out there next summer for a 6 week placement (which goes towards his degree) if it means working with the likes of the Cheetah in the off-season :cool: 🤞

https://bommaritoperformance.com/pro/

Last edited:

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Then, on Monday, my eldest son has an internship interview at a training facility in Miami which Tyreek Hill uses - along with loads of other NFL / MLB / NHL / NBA players.

Good for him! It will be part of his training, and I'm sure he already knows this, but it can't be underemphasized, make sure he knows not to take photos, ask for autographs, just generally don't be a fanboy. Some players are okay with it but most are enjoying time outside the public eye and they want to be left alone.

My friend spent years travelling to NHL games to mix the live audio for broadcast, the one thing that got you off a crew faster than anything else was a player saying you were annoying.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Good for him! It will be part of his training, and I'm sure he already knows this, but it can't be underemphasized, make sure he knows not to take photos, ask for autographs, just generally don't be a fanboy. Some players are okay with it but most are enjoying time outside the public eye and they want to be left alone.

My friend spent years travelling to NHL games to mix the live audio for broadcast, the one thing that got you off a crew faster than anything else was a player saying you were annoying.
Oh he knows! Hes not that way anyway tbh and, while he would think its really cool, would be quite happy working with them without getting all mushy because of who they are.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Completely left field...but, while the Dolphins are being talked about, my missus and 2 boys are heading there Sunday for all the tailgating etc, and hoping to pick up cheap tickets for the game if they can. My youngest is a huge fins fan, so it would be great if they can get in. Then, on Monday, my eldest son has an internship interview at a training facility in Miami which Tyreek Hill uses - along with loads of other NFL / MLB / NHL / NBA players. Really excited for the potential opportunity he has to get out there next summer for a 6 week placement (which goes towards his degree) if it means working with the likes of the Cheetah in the off-season :cool: 🤞

Blimey, that's brilliant. Hope he enjoys the experience. Keep us posted!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Blimey, that's brilliant. Hope he enjoys the experience. Keep us posted!
Cheers @Brovion will do. Hes been following them on IG for a couple of years now, and has sorted this all on his own.

IF (and its a very big IF) he is successful in getting an internship, they've said he can stay at the property they own next summer, which is also used by athletes / coaches etc coming from further afield while they are training at the facility. Could be fun....even if it does just end up being the one day interviewing and training there next week 🙂

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
Wow. Got home at 2am, got up again at 5:20am to nervously see if my Seahawks could at least not embarrass themselves against SF.

They totally embarassed themselves.

Absolute car crash.

Hard to choose between so many classic f***-ups, but the play where QB Geno Smith tried to drop back into the pocket, tripped on the heels of his own running back, and fell flat on his arse within millimetres of conceding a 2pt safety was a real highlight.

That's now 19 offensive drives in a row without a TD.

Go Hawks.... :rolleyes:

We are done, time for Pete to go. Won't happen though.

Jul 7, 2003
Bit of a turnaround by the Silver & Black Clowns - last week a 0-3 game where they could have been playing all night and not scored followed by putting up 63 points just five days later.

Surprised @Beach Hut hasn't been on here celebrating

Jul 7, 2003
For those like me who have been distracted by all things Albion, there are three games on Saturday this weekend (including my Broncos)

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Wow. Did anyone see that result coming last night? Poor choice by me to have the Chargers in Fantasy 😂
Just watched the 10 minute highlights. Wow. Never seen so many turnovers. That was one for the ages.

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
Wow. Did anyone see that result coming last night? Poor choice by me to have the Chargers in Fantasy 😂

Don't think anyone saw that coming. Raiders went from losing 3-0 against Minnesota to 63-21 win just four days later.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Fantastic, good luck.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Happy to see former UW QB Jake Browning doing well for the Bengals.
Think the coaching scheme is helping significantly, but surely this has gone some way to giving him an NFL career, either with the Bengals or other team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here