Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2023/2024

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well we chelseaed our way through Kelce.

Back to bed, slightly happier than the last time!!!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Would be brilliant if Flacco gets off his deckchair to lead the Browns to the playoffs...

I think Cleveland has a chance here
Well, Flacco did a lot better than I thought he would tbh which was a pleasant surprise - & he looked pretty good on his first few drives before I hit the sack at HT.

Just watching the composure he showed on his drop backs, the touch on some of his throws, it made me feel a lot more confident with him under center, even if the 2nd half INT was a poor decision.

But, this being the Browns, Stefanski has already said he wont commit to Flacco, and DTR could be starting again next weekend vs the Jags.

I know DTR will potentially be the lock at #2 next season behind DW, but why not ride the old timer for a few more games if hes showing he can still move the ball? :sneaky:

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Quite a kicking dished out to my boys yesterday

Still think it will be a eagles 49ers championship game again and eagles to pip them to the SB again

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A pleasing bounceback for my Texans to buck the Broncos winning streak.

We could've done without losing Tank Dell to a fractured fibula, but CJ and our defense are doing a job.

At 7-5 and with our next couple of games against the Jets (4-8) and Titans (4-8), things are looking promising.

Staying up for a bit to see if @DarrenFreemansPerm 's Jags can move to the AFC #1 seed.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Well that's not what I wanted to wake up to this morning. A loss to the Bengals and Lawrence injured. AFC South now wide open (if it wasn't already).

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
As a falcons fan the season is turning out exactly as I imagine in NFC South. Any team who manages to scrape a winning record will top it.

At present we are 6-6 and top. Its nice being in such a mediocre division. Never really out of the running unless you are the Panthers.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
As a falcons fan the season is turning out exactly as I imagine in NFC South. Any team who manages to scrape a winning record will top it.

At present we are 6-6 and top. Its nice being in such a mediocre division. Never really out of the running unless you are the Panthers.
Exactly this.

As a Bucs fan it’s great that even at 5-7, a win against your lads next week opens up the route for topping the division with a relavitively nice set of fixtures to come (depending on Lawrence’s injury).

The poor quaility of the division certainly does paper over the cracks of many head coaches and coordinators mind.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
A pleasing bounceback for my Texans to buck the Broncos winning streak.

We could've done without losing Tank Dell to a fractured fibula, but CJ and our defense are doing a job.

At 7-5 and with our next couple of games against the Jets (4-8) and Titans (4-8), things are looking promising.

Staying up for a bit to see if @DarrenFreemansPerm 's Jags can move to the AFC #1 seed.
Aaaaaaaand we choked, got hit by injuries but the defence seemingly staying in the locker room really hurt. Jags gonna Jags.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Aaaaaaaand we choked, got hit by injuries but the defence seemingly staying in the locker room really hurt. Jags gonna Jags.
Great game for the semi-neutral - I watched up until 21-21 and the 3am Club dancing.

I was going to go to sleep earlier, but Bridget Condon having an ongoing argument with MJD about Taylor Swift kept me awake.

That Week 15 Jags@Ravens game is looking good already.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Have you noticed, with the possible exception of 'Dave the (Philadelphia) EEEEAGLE' we're all quite negative about our teams! If they win one we dismiss it as a fluke, if they win two we say it can't last, if they win three we say it's just papering over the cracks. We just wait until they revert to type. Like Cleveland.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Have you noticed, with the possible exception of 'Dave the (Philadelphia) EEEEAGLE' we're all quite negative about our teams! If they win one we dismiss it as a fluke, if they win two we say it can't last, if they win three we say it's just papering over the cracks. We just wait until they revert to type. Like Cleveland.
It's always been the hope that kills us. After all, we're all Albion fans on this thread, so most of us know what it's like to go without.

Throw in some natural self-deprecation and it's an even headier mix.

Behind every silver lining, there's a cloud.

Jul 7, 2003
My three main sports teams are the Albion, Sussex CCC and the Denver Broncos. Very rarely are all three doing well at the same time so over the years I’ve always had one that brings joy and the other two more frustration.

Always good to keep grounded and a reminder that although the Albion are currently in a great place , it won’t always be the case.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
My three main sports teams are the Albion, Sussex CCC and the Denver Broncos. Very rarely are all three doing well at the same time so over the years I’ve always had one that brings joy and the other two more frustration.

Always good to keep grounded and a reminder that although the Albion are currently in a great place , it won’t always be the case.
It’s the same with children.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Indeed, and obviously I match you on two of those. As well as the Browns I also support the the English national sides for all sports (not a given for all English people these days), and, well, we all know about them. Slightly O/T, but with regard to sport I was often fond of exclaiming that I'm English, I support Brighton and Hove Albion FC and Sussex CCC. Therefore I'm miserable, depressed and disappointed ALL YEAR ROUND! (Not true at the moment of course!)

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
nu3nargi0i4c1.jpg

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Late contender for 2023's random TV moment of the year.

Craig Doyle sings a version of the Zamora song on tonight's The NFL Show whilst advertising Bobby's fishing programme.

Not the version we used to sing at Withdean though. "When the ball hits your head and you're sat in Row Z, that's Zamora."

Asks Osi and Jason whether they're big Zamora fans, then has to explain the Row Z reference. :ROFLMAO:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here