Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2023/2024

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Draft day is upon us, so figured now is a good time to start a thread for the upcoming season. Will Carolina take Bryce Young or CJ Stroud? Will we see any big trade ups?

I think Carolina will take Young, he's the most league ready QB in the draft but he looked small in college, and he'll look even smaller in the NFL.

Annoyingly 17 degrees and beautiful sunshine here today (seems like the first sun in forever), but come 5pm PST I'm parked on the couch.

Last edited:

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
I'll be watching the Leafs tonight and having a look at the draft every now and then.

The Bills are expected to trade with Arizona and take DeAndre Hopkins off their hands at some point tonight, I'll keep an eye out for that and am curious what the Bills give up to make the trade (second round pick?). Bills seem to be saying they'll take best available player with pick 27 tonight, curious to see who that is.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
I'll be watching the Leafs tonight and having a look at the draft every now and then.

The Bills are expected to trade with Arizona and take DeAndre Hopkins off their hands at some point tonight, I'll keep an eye out for that and am curious what the Bills give up to make the trade (second round pick?). Bills seem to be saying they'll take best available player with pick 27 tonight, curious to see who that is.
Huge night for the Leafs to break the playoff curse!

If Stroud is still on the board when Arizona pick at #3, their phone is going to blow up. Just depends if the Texans take him or Will Levis at #2.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
After blowing the #1 pick in the final minute of last season, my Texans have got #2 and #12 in R1.

We've got so many needs for our 3rd Head Coach in 3 seasons, but in DeMeco we trust.

It's got to be a QB first. When the Panthers pick Young, it should be Stroud for us.

No idea who'll be #12, but I'd take an Edge or WR.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
After blowing the #1 pick in the final minute of last season, my Texans have got #2 and #12 in R1.

We've got so many needs for our 3rd Head Coach in 3 seasons, but in DeMeco we trust.

It's got to be a QB first. When the Panthers pick Young, it should be Stroud for us.

No idea who'll be #12, but I'd take an Edge or WR.
I can honestly see the Texans trading up to #3 to take Will Anderson.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Draft day is upon us, so figured now is a good time to start a thread for the upcoming season. Will Carolina take Bryce Young or CJ Stroud? Will we see any big trade ups?

I think Carolina will take Young, he's the most league ready QB in the draft but he looked small in college, and he'll look even smaller in the NFL.

Annoyingly 17 degrees and beautiful sunshine here today (seems like the first sun in forever), but come 5pm PST I'm parked on the couch.
CJ Stroud could drop as fas as Atlanta.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Vantae Mack come what may.

A very strange off-season for us Raiders. JMD & Zeigeler have essentially been given the keys to the kingdom by Mark Davis and its very much Patriots West when looking at the incoming signings we made in free agency. Completely remodelled the offence with ex-Pats yet done bare minimum to improve our defence, which was definitely the more desperate need. Feels like something of a soft rebuild, which some fans (especially those who are more Derek Carr fans than actual Raider fans) will be upset about, but no team has wasted as many 1st round picks in the last 7-8 years as the Raiders, so there's a lot of work to be done to build up a core of our own without paying for it.

Jimmy G is far from the ideal option at QB going forward given his injury history so can see us drafting a QB at some point over the next few nights, but I'd be shocked if it was at #7 unless someone they absolutely love is there. Personally it's got to be best player available on the defensive side, which could be Tyree Wilson on the edge or one of the two CBs (Witherspoon/Gonzalez). Every chance we could also trade back and draft someone for the o-line, which is a need, but for me not as pressing as getting another x factor on our defence.

Lot of late rumours linking the Titans with a trade for the #3 spot with the Cards that would involve DHop as a makeweight. Would make a lot of sense with the other rumours of them shopping Tanehill.

Does feel like there will be a WR train that happens somewhere in the late teens-early 20s that could be triggered by someone trading up. KC highly linked to liking Zay Flowers and willing to move up, plus the Giants, Seahawks and Bills all have a need at WR in the same range as well.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I can honestly see the Texans trading up to #3 to take Will Anderson.
And we Texans are very, very happy with this!

2 picks out of the first 3. Can't ask for much more than that.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
As I predicted, Jags drafted Anton Harrison, OT from Oklahoma, not exciting but very much needed. Still have a big needs at edge, nickel, TE, and LB.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Genuinely surprised that Arron Rodgers has decided to end his career at the Jets. Surprised but delighted.

Hope he’s ready to endure the suffering.

Managed to stay up until the mid 20s somehow. No shock that, as per usual, all my very loose mock draft predictions went out the window after about four picks, but I called that a WR train would happen correctly - albeit it kicked off a few picks later than I thought it would! Love the balls - as RDZ would say - of the Texans for that early trade up to add two blue chip prospects in Stroud and Anderson.

Some of Raider Nation have thrown their toys out the pram because we passed on greater needs in Gonzalez and Carter to take Tyree Wilson, but no issue from me on that pick at all. If the former wasn't a fit in our scheme and we had issues with the latter's character for the drag racing scandal at Georgia - especially when considering what happened in Vegas with Henry Ruggs - then Wilson was the next BPA on the defence and edge rush was still a need. Says a lot that he was comped to Chandler Jones, because we need a guy who can be the 3rd DE in rotation with Crosby and Jones, and who could potentially challenge to start ahead of the latter this season if Jones' play continues to be as disappointing as it was in 2022.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
You gave up a lot to do it. Could come back to haunt them.
I'll agree that it was expensive. And nothing's ever guaranteed in drafts. It's a bold move for sure.

But having won 7 games in total during the last 2 seasons in the perenially underwhelming AFC South, something had to give.

We'd done well from the trade offloading Deshaun Watson last season, so that was probably burning a hole in the pocket.

NFL.com have given the Texans a B+ for Day 1's draft. That's probably fair. We've addressed some urgent needs at a price.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here