Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2023/2024

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Well, the aforementioned nfl.com sees the Seahawks as the only A+ team, so have to be happy with that.

Second year that the front office have switched to BPA (best player available) rather than pursuing more ‘need’-based picks.

So while CB and WR weren’t necessarily top needs, we’ve come away with - arguably - ‘the best of 2023’ in both positions.

Will still need to sort a lot of issues on both the offensive and defensive lines in the later rounds, and perhaps subsequent trades and roster moves, but clearly the feeling was that none of the options for these were worth the pick stretch.

And seems like Jalen Carter failed our equivalent of the No Dickheads policy, as many expected Seattle to take him.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
As an Oregon Duck fan, I'd have loved to have seen Gonzalez at the Commanders, but I am pleased with the Emmanuel Forbes pick. It's quite clear that Forbes was our guy all along and once the usual social media meltdown has subsided we find ourselves with a corner that just cannot stop getting his hands on the ball. You cannot teach instinct or speed, Forbes has both even if he maybe a little on the light side, that can be sorted in the gym and cafeteria. I am excited by this pick a B+ for me.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I haven't paid as much attention as usual to the draft build up but, it appears (on paper at least) that the Seahawks Rd1, with Philly close behind.
Not that "wow'd" by the Chargers pick tbh - surely better WRs available than their pick Quentin Johnston, who didn't get a great grading I dont think...?
Poor old Will Levis though - horrible place to be when your name isn't called on day one....ouch.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
ESPN analytics had a 92% chance that Will Levis went in the top 10, after refusing to meet with teams outside the top 10 it's no surprise he's fallen but I don't think anyone thought it would be this far. That's what you get for announcing to the world you put mayonnaise in your coffee and eat bananas with the skins on.

Really happy with Steelers trading up to #14 to get Broderick Jones, now sitting pretty with #32 after we fleeced Chicago in the Claypool trade. I imagine the back-office will be fielding a LOT of calls today as it's essentially a 1st rounder with Miami being stripped of theirs. Personally I'd like us to keep the pick and take Joey Porter Jr, we need a franchise CB and his father played 7 seasons in Pittsburgh. I don't want us to run the risk of trading back to get maybe a 4th rounder and missing out on him and Branch.

Surprised Washington didn't take Gonzalez over Forbes. Pats must be laughing.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
They liked Forbes more. Sadly when the Ducks got beaten by Georgia Gonzalez didn't impress. Forbes has 3 years in the SEC never missed a game and kept finding the ball and taking it to the house. I really like this pick for Washington, we play zone coverage and that is Forbes preferred style. A rare case of a square peg in a square hole. Forbes was always the Commander's guy and they got him.

Great pick for the Steelers, Jones will be a good player from day one.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
They liked Forbes more. Sadly when the Ducks got beaten by Georgia Gonzalez didn't impress. Forbes has 3 years in the SEC never missed a game and kept finding the ball and taking it to the house. I really like this pick for Washington, we play zone coverage and that is Forbes preferred style. A rare case of a square peg in a square hole. Forbes was always the Commander's guy and they got him.

Great pick for the Steelers, Jones will be a good player from day one.
I must admit I didn't know a whole lot about him, I just heard more hype around Gonzalez. Sounds like Washington got a good pick there then!

Worst first round pick HAS to be the Lions taking Jahmyr Gibbs at #12, I get Witherspoon was their #1 target and once he went off the board they should have stayed at 6 and taken Bijan Robinson as he's just that much better than Gibbs as a prospect.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
ESPN analytics had a 92% chance that Will Levis went in the top 10, after refusing to meet with teams outside the top 10 it's no surprise he's fallen but I don't think anyone thought it would be this far. That's what you get for announcing to the world you put mayonnaise in your coffee and eat bananas with the skins on.

Really happy with Steelers trading up to #14 to get Broderick Jones, now sitting pretty with #32 after we fleeced Chicago in the Claypool trade. I imagine the back-office will be fielding a LOT of calls today as it's essentially a 1st rounder with Miami being stripped of theirs. Personally I'd like us to keep the pick and take Joey Porter Jr, we need a franchise CB and his father played 7 seasons in Pittsburgh. I don't want us to run the risk of trading back to get maybe a 4th rounder and missing out on him and Branch.

Levis might be a better option than Pickett.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No chance we take Levis, we have bigger needs right now. Hard to judge Pickett on last season with one of the worst O-line's in the league. We need CB/S/LB/DT.

I don't think Levis is better than Pickett.
Will be interesting to see how Pickett does this year.

Still Harris kind of masks the offensive shortcomings in some respect.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Anyone get lucky in today's ticket scramble for the games at Tottenham in October? I had 4 devices on the go, ended up with queue positions anywhere between 53,000 and 302,000, and managed to get a pair of tickets to each game. A lot of very disappointed and frustrated people on SM, loads of tickets on sale at vastly inflated prices via the secondary market already.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Anyone get lucky in today's ticket scramble for the games at Tottenham in October? I had 4 devices on the go, ended up with queue positions anywhere between 53,000 and 302,000, and managed to get a pair of tickets to each game. A lot of very disappointed and frustrated people on SM, loads of tickets on sale at vastly inflated prices via the secondary market already.
Yes, we’re going. It means missing Liverpool at home though 😔

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I was hanging onto the possibility that the Liverpool game could be moved to the Monday rather than the Sunday, but that seems unlikely with international fixtures the following week..... Oh well, it's only the third Bills game I'll have been to, we play Liverpool all the time these days!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I was hanging onto the possibility that the Liverpool game could be moved to the Monday rather than the Sunday, but that seems unlikely with international fixtures the following week..... Oh well, it's only the third Bills game I'll have been to, we play Liverpool all the time these days!
Where we are….

May only see the offensive Josh Allen once……

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Have to admit, I had no idea the tickets for London became available yesterday. I really seem to have taken a huge step back following the NFL (did the Watson trade sour me that much?!) & for the second year running didn't even watch the Superbowl or Draft etc. I only found out who was playing the International Series when the wife told me. Meh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here