Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2023/2024

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Just watched the first two episodes of the new Netflix documentary 'Quarterback' focusing on three of them ( Kirk Cousins, Marcus Mariota and Patrick Mahomes ) during the last season...

Very enjoyable watch in the closed season, the main thing I learned was Kirk Cousins is so boring he makes Ned Flanders look like Keith Richards ( lovely wife though )

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Watched the first two episodes last night aswell! Nice little place holder before training camp gets under way. The show just reinforced how flipping good Mahomes is, he is unreal. Kirk is joyfully dull, didn't really enjoy his return to Washington though :(. Mariota was my fave Oregon QB so even though he didn't have the greatest season it will be fun watching him on this show too.

Jul 7, 2003
Stopped paying for gamepass a couple of years ago as it got too expensive so now use an 'alternative provider' to get my games ;)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Pricks

1690983474565.png

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So, if you're after a refund and you use the DAZN refund process you'll get in a loop of no agents online and none on the phone. If you start the auto chat by selecting 'Help with NFL Game Pass" instead you should get an agent. Once they've agreed a refund you can click on the three dots on the top left and request a transcript is emailed to you. Looks like I'm back to Sky / watching the updates of the Bears losing in the 4th.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
On the quarterback series having binged watched it thought mariota came across has a complete fool, cousins a bit like a Murray figure enjoyed him mahomes wife jeez how annoying and mahomes a genius who will end the best qb of all time but annoyed with Andy Reaid not allowing any locker room ht footage or any meetings

Last edited:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

Very sad news, and a horrible way to go. Always thought Collins was a solid player out the backfield whenever called upon. Hadn't realised that he had been out the NFL for a couple of seasons though...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'll put this here rather than starting a new thread. I'm sure you've all seen 'The Blind Side', but I was very sad to read this story about Michael Oher:

I loved 'The Blind Side'. I remember at the time having the teeniest of doubts about the story, but I thought Oher must have been ok with it, and the Tuohys, otherwise he wouldn't have gone along with the project. Now it turns out he never liked his portrayal in the film, and he thinks the Tuohys lied to him. :(

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'll put this here rather than starting a new thread. I'm sure you've all seen 'The Blind Side', but I was very sad to read this story about Michael Oher:

I loved 'The Blind Side'. I remember at the time having the teeniest of doubts about the story, but I thought Oher must have been ok with it, and the Tuohys, otherwise he wouldn't have gone along with the project. Now it turns out he never liked his portrayal in the film, and he thinks the Tuohys lied to him. :(
Read the article via another source, interesting but the film was released some time ago when he was still playing, and now he’s offended?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Read the article via another source, interesting but the film was released some time ago when he was still playing, and now he’s offended?
Yeah, the film was released in 2010, so as you say, why now? If I was to be ultra ultra cynical I'd say that now he's stopped playing he needs the money and sees this as a bit of a 'get rich quick' scheme. On the other hand he may have waited until now as he didn't want the distraction of a court case during his playing career. A third, and maybe worse option, is that the head injuries he suffered during his playing career have altered his personality to the extent where he now sees his family as 'the enemy'.

Whatever, I think it's sad. Still like the film though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here