[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2023/2024

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
YES Bears.

Back to back wins for the first time in nearly two years. Yes, you read that correctly.

And I managed to work things so I watched 90% of it. And the end was better than the beginning.

Hopefully this is the Fields and Eberflus lead renaissance, but I've been here a few times. Nevertheless, a deserved win, D forcing the Lions into errors and O, for once, converting.

:clap:

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Fantastic win by the Bucs to top the NFC South. Hopefully we can cling on, before we get blown out in the first playoff game.

Also managed to catch the end of the Ravens/Rams, what a game!

Been blessed in the early window.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Great win for Cleveland! That extends our winning streak to, er, one. Amazingly still in with a shout for the play-offs. And after all the years of getting totally thumped by Flacco-led offenses it's great to see he can still do it (just) and he's doing it for us rather than to us for a change.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
This guy. Shown more in two weeks than any of the other QBs all season (DTR has a lot of wiggle room tho, being a rookie)

Not perfect, but my god its so much better with him under center.

dm_231210_NFL_Fantasy_Joe_Flacco.jpg

The whole offense looks re-invigorated under his LEADERSHIP, poise, & football IQ.

Shame we cant ditch the sex pest slacker for another year or two of Joe Cool.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
YES Bears.

Back to back wins for the first time in nearly two years. Yes, you read that correctly.

And I managed to work things so I watched 90% of it. And the end was better than the beginning.

Hopefully this is the Fields and Eberflus lead renaissance, but I've been here a few times. Nevertheless, a deserved win, D forcing the Lions into errors and O, for once, converting.

:clap:
You've got us next week, so you can probably make that three wins!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
You've got us next week, so you can probably make that three wins!
Will be a really tough defensive battle in the cold of Cleveland. Our D is still playing at such a high level, (hopefully Ward may be back too??) & being in front of the Dawg Pound will only help I reckon.

Unlike "Sunshine Boy" Goff last night, I expect Flacco to be better suited to that sort of game too, & lead us to Back-2-Back wins. The Lions D and OL is also decimated right now. My mate is a big Leos fan and I watched it with him last night....he said before KO that they would get thumped. I expect the Browns to match up with the Bears a lot better than Detroit did.

Honestly get a feeling that theres a real sense of excitement & belief around the team and fans the last couple of weeks, that we haven't seen the rest of the year.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Will be a really tough defensive battle in the cold of Cleveland. Our D is still playing at such a high level, (hopefully Ward may be back too??) & being in front of the Dawg Pound will only help I reckon.

Unlike "Sunshine Boy" Goff last night, I expect Flacco to be better suited to that sort of game too, & lead us to Back-2-Back wins. The Lions D and OL is also decimated right now. My mate is a big Leos fan and I watched it with him last night....he said before KO that they would get thumped. I expect the Browns to match up with the Bears a lot better than Detroit did.

Honestly get a feeling that theres a real sense of excitement & belief around the team and fans the last couple of weeks, that we haven't seen the rest of the year.
I think you might well be right. Looking forward to this one though.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I’m just not going to mention Seattle for a while. Probably better that way.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
So @hart's shirt, did you enjoy the first half of your Texans game yesterday?
IMG_8250.jpeg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wheels coming off my boys at the moment. From being miles out in front we are now conspiring to f*** up royally

Need to put some shifts in to get our momentum back up and rolling.

Onwards and upwards

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
So @hart's shirt, did you enjoy the first half of your Texans game yesterday?
The best thing that could be said is that there's both a symmetry and the Christmas spirit of giving to it.

"Please have the ball."
"No, you have the ball"
"I really must insist..."

I went out of the room to make a cup of instant coffee, came back and we were still attacking. Except it was a different drive.

54 net passing yards. CJ on concussion protocol. And we're running out of wide receivers.

The only upside was that the rest of the AFC South reverted to type and lost as well.

Jul 7, 2003
Somehow the Broncos are now only one game behind the Chiefs in the AFC West.

Did anyone manage to watch all of the Vikings v Raiders? What a thriller!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Did anyone manage to watch all of the Vikings v Raiders? What a thriller!
Rumours are surfacing that they decided to unofficially extend the game with a 'first TD wins' rule.

They're still playing.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
It's all going a bit 'Spursy' at Detroit...

Tho, in the style of @Stat Brother , we will finish in front of the Care Bears, Viqueens and Spackers in the division so not a bad season

50/1 Cleveland with that d looks good value
You're in Saltdean, and a Lions fan?!
You need to get in touch with my mate whos in Ch. Drive East... 😁huge Leos fan and lived in Detroit for 10+yrs during the Sanders years. We regularly meet up at his to watch RZ etc.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It already feels like a bad idea getting up at 01:12, the Pygmy's dragging us down to their level.

They've just shown a fella in the stands wearing a Giants jersey and a Dolphins woolly hat - FFS America, get your shite together.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here