Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2023/2024

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I finally saw Washington play an actual HOME game. Fed Ex looked and sounded magnificent yesterday. The new era is off to an upbeat start and to get John Riggins back in the building was a major coup for Josh Harris. The defence was sensational, Howell every bit the the promising rookie (some good some bad) and the O line was for the most part awful, not a lot of surprises on the field except maybe the Cardinals defence which was feisty.

I'll take that win, and look forward to seeing what adjustments the offence can make next in Denver. Football is back!!!!

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Well. Morning fellow 12. How staggeringly awful was that complete shitshow? Don’t think anyone expected that.

12 yards offence in the entire second half. Nine of those on a meaningless play deep in garbage time.

I’m in shock.

At half-time I thought we were ok... Geno seemed to be doing ok apart from missing Bobo open on the flea-flicker and the defense had held the Rams to 7 without looking great...

Then they completely shat the bed... I dread to think how bad it could be if our two tackles are out for an extended period of time.

Reactions: FCB

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Horrendous from the Vikes last night. Errors all over the shop, defence looks a little better but the O line still can't protect Kirk. He made some pretty poor decisions himself too.

Buccs didn't look good, but we made them look a lot better.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Horrendous from the Vikes last night. Errors all over the shop, defence looks a little better but the O line still can't protect Kirk. He made some pretty poor decisions himself too.

Buccs didn't look good, but we made them look a lot better.
Completely agree.

As a Bucs fan I don’t hold much hope for the season, but pleasantly surprised to start 1-0.

Normal service to resume next week against the Bears I imagine..

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hey, normal service resumed for us last night.

I'm not sure we'll EVER beat the Pack again :(

@Stat Brother must be out on his bike running through red lights and not paying road tax or something.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Completely agree.

As a Bucs fan I don’t hold much hope for the season, but pleasantly surprised to start 1-0.

Yep and in fairness I reckon you'll be better in the regular season. I fear we're starting 0-5 looking at our next few matches...

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
Well. Morning fellow 12. How staggeringly awful was that complete shitshow? Don’t think anyone expected that.

12 yards offence in the entire second half. Nine of those on a meaningless play deep in garbage time.

I’m in shock.

Yep, terrible second half, I've actually stopped watching 10 minutes before the end as had absolutely no hope we'll turn things around.

Hard to blame offense when defense can't get off the field but it's true Geno struggled without both starting tackles. Still, Walker played well (really the only positive of the game) and should stick with the run more.

Disappointing start for sure but still believe offense will do better in coming games. Have absolutely no faith in this defense though. This system just doesn't work as I think players are better than they're showing. For me Clint Hurtt is the main culprit but Carroll is too loyal to his staff to make any changes during the season.

Which could eventually lead to his downfall. Love the culture PC has build and I will always respect him but as a defensive HC it's inexcusable to have that porous defense for most part of the last 6+ years. I don't expect us to go back to the dominance of LOB but is it really too much to ask for at least a league average defense? If Pete can't fix it for another season might be time to retire and leave this (I believe) talented roster to someone who can do more with it.

But hey, at least we're not the Giants.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Texans sh*t again :rolleyes:
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Having won 7 games total in the last 2 seasons and with a rookie QB, it's going to take a while for DeMeco to turn it around.

Inexperience cost them on and off the field, but some decent signs from the D in the 2nd half sacking Lamar 3 times.

I'd bite your hand off for a .500 season at the moment even in the perennially-underwhelming AFC South.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Vegas Raiders win, no doubt a false dawn

Jul 7, 2003
Vegas Raiders win, no doubt a false dawn
You only beat my Broncos who are a bit like Sussex CCC - get into decent positions but seem to have forgotten how to win a game.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Did anyone stay with DAZN in the end?
They refunded me and agreed to take the monthly payments instead. They have taken the first monthly payment now. I think I'm going to cancel going forward though. Last night I was too busy watching Wales v Fiji which straddled both kick off slots to watch a whole game. Maybe it's because it's early in the season and the Bears lost but I can't see myself keeping Gamepass beyond what I've paid for.

Social Media seems full of people who fully cancelled.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
They refunded me and agreed to take the monthly payments instead. They have taken the first monthly payment now. I think I'm going to cancel going forward though. Last night I was too busy watching Wales v Fiji which straddled both kick off slots to watch a whole game. Maybe it's because it's early in the season and the Bears lost but I can't see myself keeping Gamepass beyond what I've paid for.

Social Media seems full of people who fully cancelled.
I stayed in the end, but at the moment it really depends what the service is like, because it’s going to take a lot for me to stay.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

San Francisco impressed me the most after week one...

Usually don't react after one match but this year had a little bit of the 15/2 available to win LVIII

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here