Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD: Albion vs Newcastle - PL Summer Series - 28th July 2023

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I watched the game this morning. We were comfortably the better team and played lovely stuff, to be fair it was far from a first choice Newcastle team.

We lost only because in the last 15 minutes we had a back four of kids some of whom aren’t even defenders.

Very positive for the season based on the first 80 minutes. Would be nice to see Dunk get some minutes though.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If people are going to get that worked up over the dying minutes of a pre season friendly between two U21 lineups then god help us all when we struggle away at Sheffield or Burnley later this season.
Protip: certain people exclusively post negative bollocks in the match threads. It’s only ever when we lose/play badly and it’s exclusively the match threads they post in. When you spot one, just pop them on ignore and you’ll discover it’s the same 5-6 people every single match thread when we lose.

Your NSC thread will look a look brighter :thumbsup:

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
We look very exciting but I’m worried we’re short at the back. We’ll inevitably get injuries and suspensions. Need a RB and another left sided player (Colwill ideally!), even once we have Dunk and Igor

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Just watching this on Sky PL this morning. Albion looking magnificent. Weird (actually, rather nice) with no commentary or little box in the corner with the current score. Also, cameras only focusing on Brighton bench, no sign of Eddie's crew at all. Is that an aesthetics thing (Roberto much easier on the eye than Eddie), or have Newcastle imposed some kind of weird press embargo so they can't be spied upon mid-match and all the cunning secrets of their success laid bare?

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
The first Newcastle goal reminded me of the days of league 2. At least in the prem VAR would have disallowed it!

Better side for the match against Brentford, until the red card vs Chelsea and then before we put kids on vs Newcastle. Good run out!

Absolutely no idea what our best side is.
The north side I recon, best atmosphere

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Just watching this on Sky PL this morning. Albion looking magnificent. Weird (actually, rather nice) with no commentary or little box in the corner with the current score. Also, cameras only focusing on Brighton bench, no sign of Eddie's crew at all. Is that an aesthetics thing (Roberto much easier on the eye than Eddie), or have Newcastle imposed some kind of weird press embargo so they can't be spied upon mid-match and all the cunning secrets of their success laid bare?
The only time I remember it focussing on Eddie and co, they looked like a pair of rabbits in headlights who didn’t have a clue which way to turn.
We absolutely mullered them. With the squad we now have this is going to be one hell of a ride.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
One very positive development is that you can’t open tweets anymore unless you have an account (I don’t and never have). The only downside is I used to look at the team news on the Brighton Twitter site. Do they release it anywhere else ? Perhaps @Bozza can persuade the club to first release it on NSC instead ?
The club post the lineup on their facebook page too.

el punal

Protip: certain people exclusively post negative bollocks in the match threads. It’s only ever when we lose/play badly and it’s exclusively the match threads they post in. When you spot one, just pop them on ignore and you’ll discover it’s the same 5-6 people every single match thread when we lose.

Your NSC thread will look a look brighter :thumbsup:
Wise words. I had a gander at Chelsea fans forum at halftime when we were drawing 1-1 a week ago. It was positively vitriolic. Yes, we have the regular moaners on NSC but on the whole we are very supportive of the Albion, and constructively critical if things aren’t going well.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Oops! Sorry about that. But, IF he had said that I would recommend that he pays a visit to Specsavers! :lolol:
No problem, I kind of guess that I have been on here long enough that people who have seen what I posted may know. But I completely understand that most would expect that posters are male, unless the username or photo is obviously female. I would be exactly the same.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Having watched all 3 matches, I'd say the future's bright, the future's blue and white, providing we learn from the catastrophic defending at the end of last night's match and the 11 minute meltdown in the Chelsea match.
Not much to learn from the end last night really. A load of kids out of position just getting an experience. They'll probably learn from it individually as part of their career progression but I can't see much the first team can learn from that.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
No problem, I kind of guess that I have been on here long enough that people who have seen what I posted may know. But I completely understand that most would expect that posters are male, unless the username or photo is obviously female. I would be exactly the same.
But without going into too much detail it's pretty obviously a ladybear - also, the nose/ear/paw relationship kinda gives it away!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Unless the photo is obviously female, you say? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here